Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lachesis

Server messages

Hi there,

I am getting really furious because of this. Everytime that I have a little latency and happen to click a little too fast, I get the message

You don't have the items you little peace of shit!

Guys you are that keen on politeness everywhere and now you are that rude to players in server messages! A simple

Sorry, you don't have the items.

would do quite as well! Server attack software won't care about that messages, but you are offending upright players. Please correct this. I am fed up of being called a piece of shit just because my hardware too slow for me.

Sincerely yours

Lachesis

ACtually, that message was only supposed to come up if you are cheating doing somthing. Unfortunetly it seems to come up because of a bug when you're doing something legal...hopefully it'll be corrected soon, or we'll just change the message.

I love that message, it puts a smile on my face. ;)

I am fed up of being called a piece of shit

You're still a "little peice of shit" in my eyes for complaining about something so pointless and stupid... Try clicking more slowly or maybe become a fighter or any other profession that dosen't require the use of clicking to manufacture some item or another...

I don't know, the concept dosen't really seem that hard to figure out to me, but hey some "Little pieces of shit" just like to complain.

NeoSeS

I love that message, it puts a smile on my face

:D:D:D:D:D;):D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Wolf_Lord

I wish you were forced to use this machine for a week. You sometimes just dont know: has my click been recognized? You wait 2,3,5 seconds. And then you click again. Server complains. You may not care about it, but reading that message again and again really hurts me stupid little piece of shit. Actually pointless is this insulting message. Nobody that is trying to cheat will ever be reading it, and even if so just smile and try another exploit.

Now come on, tell me that its my fault that I am manufacturing, although I didnt say anything about manufacturing and this happens when using storage. I am looking forward to being told that I should not use storage. Or that I should buy a new computer. Beat me. I am in the right mood to flame ...

Lachesis

Call me silly, but that message amuses me. I've only had it come up a few times but it is so unexpected that it makes me laugh. Come on, the little pieces of humor and out of character things that show up every now and then are fun! Something to jolt you out of the blue.

Although that wasn't very nice either, Neoses ;)

I think the point she is trying to make is that when you see it all the time it gets rather annoying, and I agree with her. I hope it will be changed or the bug will be fixed soon.

I know this is not rational, Ashley. But it feels as if the games is continuously bitching at you. And "not reading it" is impossible, I read 10-20 words in one look so I never get the chance to decide whether I want to read the message ;) However, I even have to read the message, you never know what other error might have occured.

Sincerely yours

Lachesis

You were faster than me Lachesis. I wanted to complain about this very same thing.

This message is intended for people cheating. I also get another one when I'm moving, and while my slooow machine is taking care of that click, a player or a rabbit goes to that very place, and I end up doing an illegal click... I don't remember the exact message now but it is also insulting me being a cheater.

So, as it seems this happens with laggy machine, I guess those messages should be changed.

It can be very funny if you see them twice a month. Not that funny twice a minute (and no, you have no way to click slower, because some times it does it, some times not, you never know). And the rules being that you shouldn't swear too much and above all not harass people, I would really be glad if those messages were re-worded to comply to these very rules.

Hey since most of the people not complaining think it's funny put it in NPC humor and people who don't want to see the message can just turn the NPC humor off :D:D:D

Don't worry I'll follow you there also you don't think one of the Newb helper legends won't come to p2p now do you.

*coughs* You spelled implemented wrong.

and the was like the biggest insult on Ent I ever did see.

I love those messages. Just like the Iraqi Defense Administer.

One of the things I love about this game is how it DOESN'T try to be perfect and P.C. It is raw and underground but look at the great cast it has gathered.

Roja, I say keep it. I love getting that message. It reminds me of Ent when he gets sick of explaining things after a dozen attempts!

I love those messages. Just like the Iraqi Defense Administer.

One of the things I love about this game is how it DOESN'T try to be perfect and P.C. It is raw and underground but look at the great cast it has gathered.

Roja, I say keep it. I love getting that message. It reminds me of Ent when he gets sick of explaining things after a dozen attempts!

:P And I bet you're not 14, either!

Maybe.... errr.... Let me think.... no <_< not in this situation ne ways :P

Changign it would be an insult to the face of humanity and would futher disgrace the already crumbling ground of mmorpg's thereby causing mass suicide in areas of the usa.

In short:Change it and I will kill you all slowly.

Have a Nice Day!

Well, I was once told (and this might be complete fabrication) that Entropy said that EL was an adult game.

Does that mean we can keep those hilarious (and yes, sometimes rude) messages in the game?! :angry:

Please!

Ah and yet it is an adult "rated" game The 14 yr old Aerowind yet laughs at the messages

I love those messages too for the reason they are not p.c. I think, because el is an adult rated game, the people playing should be able to separate between the meaning and the wording of those messages and try to see the humor that may have caused someone to code those messages the way they are.

My little piece of shit ;)