Eternal Lands Official Forums
super_chris

A Card System

For other monsters and i dont think animals would look good dropping cards.

Ogre card:+5 attack rate

Armoured goblin card:+6 wepon attack rate, -1 defence rate

Troll card: +7 shiled defence rate, -1 attack rate

sm. Gargoyal card: +3 attack, +2 defnece rate

med. Gargoyal Card: +4 attack, +1 magic rate

lrg. Gargoyal card: +5 attack rate, +2 magic rate

ogre card:+7 attack, -4 defence rate

Armoured female goblin card: -2 defence, +5 weapon attack rate

Orc female card:-4 attack, +6 shield defence rate.

Orc male card:+3 defence, +7 weapon attack rate

Cyclops Card:+10 attack, -7 dfence rate.

Fluffy Card:+10 attack

C Wolf Card: +10 defence

Edited by super_chris

and the other monster i'll have to think more about, and the e.l. staff can have a card drawing contest about every 2 weeks or so . . .

because when you identify the card it will show a picture of that monster and taht picture can attract people to enter contests and want to play his game.

I'd rather have an EL-monster card battling deal. Some other games have it (I.e., FF9 had one built in their game). They always turn out pretty enjoyable.

well i mean like haveing a slotted sword and put the cards in the wepons for it to activate.

Well, I understand that. But it's bad enough hauling tons of SRs. Now we'll have more to carry.. better increase it from 36 slots to 49(7x7). ;)

I'd rather have an EL-monster card battling deal.  Some other games have it (I.e., FF9 had one built in their game).  They always turn out pretty enjoyable.

I spent seven hours playing Terra Master. Yes, like that, please!

Edited by freeone3000

well a card can wight like at the most from 0-1 wieght.

And just click on the card and the options would show which wpon to put it on.

Make some cards only go on armor or weapons.

what if instead of cards they dropped spirts that look like essences eccept they are pretty rare and to use them with the wepon or armor you need to make the item with the spirit for example...

IRON SWORD of goblen spirit

10 iron bars 1 steel bar 2 fire essences + goblen spirit

or something like that to add variety of course the swords + spirits would be much harder to make

I don't like the idea of cards very much... it just doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere of the game...

Seems like 'cards' are everywhere, and I think they are kind of played out.

But I wouldn't quit, or anything, if it got implemented...

:blink:

Or Hallmark type greeting cards?

lmao!!!!

Happy Valentine's day from your sweetie muffin wart faced goblin boy!!

:blink: That would make an interesting summoning type thing, if you took cards that monsters dropped, and these cards singly be the summoning "reagent" to summon, but only in one place, like a summoners arena. Lower level summoners could take their gargoyle cards to the summoners arena, and summon gargoyles that would only PK other card summoned monsters. Higher leveled summoners would be able to summon from lg gargoyle cards, etc.

:blink: Yeah, it'd be a little like YuGiOh, but it would be a really nice PvP style of fighting that doesn't involve players dieing and losing their stuff. I think it'd make a really nice sub-game for EL, something for players to do that's not in *every* MMORPG.

EDIT: Of course, mods could have tournaments and such for prizes, but maybe you'd wanna work in something like you get 50gc deposited in your pack when your summoned monster kills a goblin, up to something nice when it kills a summoned chimera or whatnot. And again, only summoning from cards in a special non PK area, and only summoned monsters will be able to attack other summoned monsters, and they not lose health constantly like regular summonings...

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

GASP! Not a goblin #4! That is my only weakness!

I summon Gargoyle #291!

Oh, anyway...do you Look like the person in your sig TNN?

I'm thinking (Or rather Hoping) she does only on a bad day (or when Sharyl's Having a Good Day.)

But I'm thinking that if such a card game such as that would be implemented (And I'm not against the idea as I love all sorts of Card games) It would need to be something more Akin to Double Fanucci (for those who still remember Zork) rather then Yu-Gi-Oh.

:o For those who don't know Double Fanucci, would you mind posting the general layout of the game?

:D And what Zork game was that in? I only really played Return to Zork, (I have the text based games somewhere, but...), and trying to remember if I played that card game or not.

one quick glance at super_chris's avatar confirms my suspicion about where the idea comes from. that avatar pictures one of the classes of ragnarok online, and there you have the exact feature of slotting cards into items for effects.

you peeps crack me up, but no lets not turn el into stu-pid-oh, lets try ta get some sorta beef up item to put on weps n armor with the stuff i posted above.

but ya like spirits

gobline spirit troll spirit garg spirit ext.

taht seems more realistic to this realistic med-evil game

you peeps crack me up, but no lets not turn el into stu-pid-oh, lets try ta get some sorta beef up item to put on weps n armor with the stuff i posted above.

but ya like spirits

gobline spirit troll spirit garg spirit ext.

taht seems more realistic to this realistic med-evil game

I made a suggestion very similar to this one, but using a different concept: thread.

:P I really think that adding cards to enhance the way SuperChris is saying, would imbalance the game. If cards are implemented, I'd rather see them be their own seperate thing, not modify the fighting system. The fighting system already needs it own revamps... More weapons, more armors, more monsters, better player vs player setup, more combined stats to make it more than just a/d/p/c and whoever has the highest wins. I think balance is the real issue with putting this idea into place, (although maybe programming tops balance, hehe)

B) I really think that adding cards to enhance the way SuperChris is saying, would imbalance the game. If cards are implemented, I'd rather see them be their own seperate thing, not modify the fighting system. The fighting system already needs it own revamps... More weapons, more armors, more monsters, better player vs player setup, more combined stats to make it more than just a/d/p/c and whoever has the highest wins. I think balance is the real issue with putting this idea into place, (although maybe programming tops balance, hehe)

My fire serp does +8 fire damage.. that's balanced? It's balanced by its rarity and how it is a liiiiiiittle too valuable to drop. Besides, I'd incinerate someone who walked into KF with only fur items on. ;) (not really)