Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mike_Playa

Please read this, for the good of EL

I love EL. I have been playing for about half a year now, and there is only one problem. I have gotten nowhere. I still can't kill a goblin, I still can't join a guild, so please takes these considerations to heart, for the good of EL.

1. People don't like to work for fun. I would like to see the fun stuff(magic, killing monsters, enchanting, making weapons) a lot easier and more accesible. Seriously. Having to kill thousands of animals before you can kill the weakest animal is just asking for bankruptcy.

2.The whole, "use weapons get less experience" thing just isn't cool. I would like to see maybe weapon experience, or maybe something like that. And weapons cheaper.

3. More player interaction. Wars, perhaps?

4. Guilds easier to join. level 20 is just ridiculously high.

5. A larger selection of weapons, maybe even a newbie material(wood perhaps? like clubs or something) and clothing that changes you appearence and doesn't benefit anything.

6. If it's possible less LAG. Especially lately the games been laggy.

7. A harvesting related attribute.

8. I know this is a longshot, but maybe a building system.

9. Some kind of partying system. A way a couple of people could get together to fiht monsters, maybe even a couple of monsters at a time.

10. More races, not just in P2P

1. How is killing animals at all related to magic or making weapons? Enchanting isn't even out yet, and you decide it's too hard? How is killing stuff even related to the econemy?

2. You get exp for every hit, exp for every time they miss miss. More damage means less hits, less chances for you to be hit, which means fewer times they miss. All weapons increase damage. Weapon damage, good idea. Have you ever heard of the search feature, though?

3. What new forms of player interaction? We have wars. Just ask LV.

4. Level 20 harvesting is 2 days of harvesting lilacs.

5. We have new clothing out just 2 days ago, we will have new weapons. Called patience. Also, if the clothing doesn't do anything, why should we have it?

6. That's your computer that's lagging. I get 20+ fps, which is above normal. For a delag to everybody, just ask the owner and developer of the internet.

7. Why?

8. Barren moon. And another "Why?"

9. Why?

10. Okay, you submit the textures and models for the new races. That way, everyone can have them.

Edited by freeone3000

I love EL. I have been playing for about half a year now, and there is only one problem. I have gotten nowhere. I still can't kill a goblin, I still can't join a guild, so please takes these considerations to heart, for the good of EL.

Hmm. I have been playing EL for about halfe a year. I've got overall level 56, harvesting over 40.

I can kill a goblin with bare hands. I can do a lot of things in game. Magic above 24 level is quite entertaining.

And it is fun to work for fun ;)

I just don't belive you were actually playing during this 6 months. I was playing for less than 4 months during this time. And not more than a few hours a day in spikes.

Regards

Chryzopraz

The character "Kit" has been around since Mid November and is killing gargs (att/def in the 30s) and has magic in the 30s. And yet I spend most of my time at the fruit stand. And I don't even consider myself a fighter.

There are enough spawns, although I'll admit at times competition can be high. But if that is the case there is so much more to do in the game. Take on another skill temporarily until the crowd dies down and then hit the spawns again.

A little patience and a little planning and you'll do fine.

You can get to 20 harvest in a day... Just start off with veggies.

Physique and coordination are both harvesting related: You need them to carry stuff.

I joined a guild within my first 2 weeks, I believe. Shouldn't be too hard for you.

And get a better computer and internet connection if you don't want lag. ;)

I started three months ago, and I was a real noob then. I have now an OA of 44, I kill gobs without armor, I am L29 alchemy and potion. So you are doing something wrong. Maybe you should spend some pickpoints on will or reasoning, increasing your rationality for gaining more experience.

I started three months ago, and I was a real noob then. I have now an OA of 44, I kill gobs without armor, I am L29 alchemy and potion. So you are doing something wrong. Maybe you should spend some pickpoints on will or reasoning, increasing your rationality for gaining more experience.

Achiever ;)

(Look in offtopic if you don't know what I mean)

if anything, guilds are way too easy to get into :D

after the crash it took me 3 days to bring alchemy up to level 40 to recreate my guild...i would love to have

guilds: level 60 to create, level 40 to join...

clans: level 40 to create, level 20 to join

(maybe even) greater guilds: level 80 to create, level 50-60 to join

:D

after the crash it took me 3 days to bring alchemy up to level 40 to recreate my guild...i would love to have

In that case, I wouldn't be in a guild yet after playing almost two years. Guilds are a great social thing, why should they be for achievers only?

hmmm...you have a point there...otoh, you would be in a clan then :D

but ok, a combination of guilds would be thinkable too...

let's say a greater guild can accept members on clan level, aswell as on reg. guild level, only difference would be the colour of the guild tag :D

In that case, I wouldn't be in a guild yet after playing almost two years. Guilds are a great social thing, why should they be for achievers only?

Guilds should be harder to make, not to join. Being in a guild used to mean something, now any old noob can make one...and it's impossible to keep track of them.

Most people here have built up their characters twice already and been here as long as you, some of us 3 times...

I would suggest you check out some of the fan/help sites listen on the main page of the www.eternal-lands.com site...

A couple excellent choices would be:

http://www.geocities.com/aworldwithoutwind/main.html

and

http://o.tfm.ro/

(lots of boast)

Achiever :D

grins Maybe I just like diversion 0:-) But it's true, I spent a lot of work on potion experience as there was a great demand for SR in my guild.

With kind regards

Lachesis

Edit: quoting corrected

Edited by Lachesis

I like the ideea of 2 diffrent kind of guilds. There should be the normal guilds for ppl that just harvest and chat, and maybe clans for hardcore players, with say 70-80 lvl requirement to make, 60-70 to join. Those can be a status simbol.

Maybe we could join both a guild and a clan? Just an ideea.

I love this idea of the Elite Guild / Guild / Clan.

I know that this game is VERY social.. but changing the guild structure would not stop this. Anyone can go to a channel (and there are thousands of them) and have friends join them.

It might even encourage players to use #jc 4 more.

And it would really highlight those players that have put in the time and effort into the game.

The one down side to this would be that if the game ever goes through another reset then those members that have been around forever would have to start back at clan level.

This post make me angry! 20 lvl is redicilous high? wtf lol they should put it to lvl 50

and i plas did a reset i was fuking 110 oa or something... N00b!

I know that this game is VERY social.. but changing the guild structure would not stop this.  Anyone can go to a channel (and there are thousands of them) and have friends join them.

I dont like this whole clan level idea simply because if a guild wants to be exclusive, it can be. There is nothing saying that once you get to lvl 20 you can join whatever you want. Different guilds have different requirements for joining, and anyone who cares enough to find out what these requirements are can find out very easily. To put it simply, people in EL already know which guilds have the strongest players, etc, and time does not need to be wasted on implementing this new system.

Edited by 007

This game is too easy, i can kill ogres with 26/29 attack (then) with the right equips, and i only play from 31 decembre with this char

1. Stupid opinion

2. Stupid rumor

3. Already done (just not officialy)

4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. Ummmm... "search" (already coming later)

6. Get a faster connection you internet newbie

7. why?

8. Coming in p2p most likely

9. Coming maybe... (i forget if it was a yes or no)

10. never gonna happen

How about if you can upgrade your guild to greater guild after it has existed for more than 6 months (and whoever upgrades is level 60)?

there alrdy guild wars among eternal-lands XD, dun ye pay attention, go2 a pk server sometime there might b people blowing the snot outta each other.

Guest Alarion
I love EL.  I have been playing for about half a year now, and there is only one problem.  I have gotten nowhere.  I still can't kill a goblin, I still can't join a guild, so please takes these considerations to heart, for the good of EL.

1.  People don't like to work for fun.  I would like to see the fun stuff(magic, killing monsters, enchanting, making weapons) a lot easier and more accesible.  Seriously.  Having to kill thousands of animals before you can kill the weakest animal is just asking for bankruptcy.

2.The whole, "use weapons get less experience" thing just isn't cool.  I would like to see maybe weapon experience, or maybe something like that.  And weapons cheaper.

3. More player interaction.  Wars, perhaps?

4. Guilds easier to join.  level 20 is just ridiculously high.

5. A larger selection of weapons, maybe even a newbie material(wood perhaps? like clubs or something) and clothing that changes you appearence and doesn't benefit anything. 

9. Some kind of partying system.  A way a couple of people could get together to fiht monsters, maybe even a couple of monsters at a time.

10.  More races, not just in P2P

Half a year seems like a long time to still not be able to kill a goblin, but reading your post made me rewrite a post I was about to make of my own. I agree with much of what you've said, and hope the game developers take your suggestions to heart.

My feeling after playing was that this game has excellent potential, but that the developers are stuck between wanting to be some kind of RTS simulation, with resources, manufacturing, research, etc. (like a single-unit version of Civilization, Warcraft, etc.) and an experience-based RPG with many skills, big worlds, and lots to see, like Diablo. Eternal Lands doesn't know what it wants to be in life.

Do you want to know why bots are so dangerous here? Because just about everything about playing this game could be automated. I don't need to play, I could just write a bot and check to see how great I've become week after week. Yawn.

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome game engine, it includes great concepts, and kudos to the grapics team - really excellent work. And I understand that it's still under development. But, I'm sick of harvesting vegetation, and I don't see how the extra steps done. Harvesting cacti isn't any different from harvesting flowers, so once you've harvested something, higher-level harvesting just adds steps to the process. I feel like I've done all there is to do in the game, and I'm only level 13 or so. What you've got here is basically a graphical MUSH or MOO - good place to chat, bad place to go kill a monster. Or maybe TradeWars with graphics.

Another poster made a very interesting comment: "what does this have to do with the game economy"? What, indeed? This is isn't advertised as an RTS, it's advertised as a role playing game! WHAT roles? The only roles that are really viable are all "gatherer" roles. If you want it to REALLY be a "role" playing game, why can't I make a living as a priest, politician, judge, sailor, castle guard, librarian, lord/baron (land owner), or farmer? Why can I only be a hunter-gatherer?

On the other hand, if you want it to be a 'normal' RPG (this could replace Diablo SO easily...) why are there so few quests, and why does dying suck so badly?

The loss rate for items during death really unbalances the 'fighter' job, placing a strong favor in the game toward non-violent jobs. Fine, if that's the way you want it, but then why fight at all? What's the point of working so hard for some nice sword if you're probably going to lose your sword AND your gold when you die? Which, like, isn't out of the question if a fox gets in a lucky hit? Storage, ok, fine, but you can't fight with a sword in storage. There's no danger in harvesting. OK, the random bee sting adds a lot of character, kudos for that, but still, I could harvest 24 hours a (real) day, 7 days a week, and never die from it, never lose any items, never have any risks (never have any fun).

Why go through all the effort to become a fighter if your only role in life is to collect junk to sell? Why can't fighters have real jobs, like clearing out cellars of pests for money, or patrolling a border for a salary? Especially when you can't seem to even hold on to your own stuff? You're going to get killed a few times. It would be nice to protect a few items, or at least reduce the loss risk, or one bad death kills the whole game for you. One day I'd finally gotten myself all set up, I got killed, and lost my weapon, my armor, AND my gold. Now what? Wheee, I'm a flower picker again! Yawn.

If you need a better penalty for dying, what about giving up gold? What about having to buy your stuff back from some angel? What about having to do some basic quest for it, or you lose everything in your bag but not equipped (like going to Valhalla). The current system basically tells me that owning any magic weapons or armor is a worthless endeavor, so why bother fighting at all?

What, really, is this game all about? I can make money picking flowers off the side of the road in real life, I don't need a role playing game to give me that. And I don't want to be a coal miner.

Erhm...about the whole fighter don't have any advantage at all part. If you play the game for a while, you will notice that fighters have the most advantages/are the richest.