Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Ore spawns

Would you like to have Ore spawns, instead of static ore?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Ore spawns, instead of static ore?

• Yes, Ore spawns!
    • No, keep it as it is, in static locations!

A few more things guys:

-If we do this there will be no more random teleportings and no more random events(or if so a very low percentage)

-Also a vein should typically have between 50-500 harvests in it.

-There woudln't be ONE vein spot in one area, but a couple, so it's not like the people there would be clicking on the one single vein spot in the major areas.

Pfff...hard one.

I like the idea, even though in contrast to what some people say, it's not realisitc (ore doesn't move very quickly IRL). I am a bit concerned however that only being able to mine 1 or two ores a t a time is a bit too adventurous. I'd like to be able to harvest a bag full or so before I have to go looking for a new spot.

EDIT: Roja posted while I wrote this :D 50-500 to be shared with a bunch of people wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Edited by Grum

Remember all the first time u entry a new map and try to found veg for example how many time u spend ?

If we try to catch "real life" flowers and ore are in the same place always until of course we harvest all ,if we talking about real ,(but how many hours-days need for that ?) propably a re-spawn be in a different place but after 3 days for example i think its more realistic and u keep the idea of adventure until u discover the new spawn who still there for a couple of days.

PS I think "realistic" spawn must be set to animals and monster

personally think problem actually with fighters because once get gargolye and above you no longer need to manu stuff or buy it cause fight monster you can get it. Yes understand need to be reward for taake monster out but because so few item for fighters to wear there no choice but to use item that can be manu for monster drops and that why price stuff monster drop is so low and why and titanium stuff and efe are so high because no monster drops them. If don't belive what I say true then get rid steel stuff monster drop and watch price go up higher.

Edited by jamesvm

I've voted no... for now, I now that system from other games (strategy games :P) but I'm not sure if it will work fine in mmorpg. Some ppl spoke that it will fix the economy - no it wont, it will make it even worse, I have the same opinion as some other ppl - removing some items from monster drops could have positive effect on economy.

There is also another problem - now i can gain about 800-1k exp for killing big garg, it will take several seconds - do you know how long i must harvest (remember about harvesting limit) to get same amount? or try get 1k exp in crafting (it will not only take very long time - it will also consume a lot of money).

Last thing: so called 'exploring' and once again little comparation to fighting - do you enjoy traveling from one end of map to another to find some monster/animal to kill ? Especially when there is 4 other ppl that trying to do same thing...

IMO you have too many 'great' ides how to help manu/craft/harvesters... maybe now try to 'help' fighters :P

Edited by Nissarin

Couple things:

1) Game balance has to be considered. In this case we really do need to look at fighters and see that we are balancing that. There have been major changes to the other skills in this last update, don't think we need to focus on them quite as much anymore. After all, people are still trying to adjust to the new changes.

2) Even if you decide to go ahead with this update, I don't think you should unless A) It has been thoroughly tested on the test server and B) More than say 75% of the people who test it say it's a good idea. Listening to your user base is of course a good idea most of the time.

Sincerely,

Goliath

Edited by goliath_cobalt

I voted yes, because this is something I would very much like to try out and see if it works. If it can be implemented well, it could make harvesting more fun and develop it towards a real skill.

erm wouldnt it make the ore prices go up with npc and players cuz it would be hard to get it (as in more time and if like ppl dun like to spend time harvesting) and it would just kinda get even more annoying after awhile cuz all the clicking? and i dun really like the idea

wait oops do u mean like have ore come back every like 1 mins as in respon or do u mean in different arreas? cuz i was thinking of runescape which i have played before and it was like the first way (btw this is muuuch better i mean enternal lands )

Edited by sonic808

Although I am in favor of changes to harvesting to make it more engaging, as others have said, I fail to see how having to walk around looking for ore would make harvesting any more interesting. I think it would just make it take longer. My suggestion would be to add some sort of interaction while harvesting. I'm not sure at this point what that would be exactly, but I will give it some thought.

I don't think it would be a good idea. People would harvest, it would dissapear, and everyone would run to the next spot. Whoever got there first would clear it out, and the slowest players wouldn't get a chance to harvest.

if i wanted static ore it should change spots every 3 hours so its not annoying and rs like it should be new el style

example

like lets say there is 2 ore iron and gold right.... the ore are lets say pretty good distance away when the 3 hours is up it should stop your auto harvest(if your havesting) and the ore should switch

not like in rs where the ore spawns for 3 seconds and then doesent spawn for 5 minutes and all that bs

:blink: The "problem" that spawning ore would correct is not harvesting being boring, but the fact that all harvested resources are unlimited, and therefore have no real value. This filters into the player economy, partly because everyone has access to the resources (so why buy them?), and partly that since anyone can make unlimited gc selling lilacs repeatedly, the value of gc is lowered.

:blink: Finding a way to limit the amount of resources going into the economy will raise the value of these resources, and also the difficulty of getting them. At first this would seem like a new player would not be able to get lilacs, but in the long term it will drive some people from lilacs to rabbit furs and meat. Players in general will stop selling lilacs to npcs all the time, and move toward feuling the player economy by selling things that other players want, like furs , meat, and bones.

Even now, if you buy ingredients from players, you wont get any profit from selling finished products (at least for most of them). The only way to make some profit is to get all ingredients self and you sugest make it harder, in other words: the game is difficult to alch/manu/crafters while this idea make it worse.

:D Currently, what items are not worth the cost of the ingredients, assuming you don't fail making them? I know leather gloves and titanium longswords are in this group, but what else is not worth making?

I voted NO, it would make it even more boring and frustrating to harvest, walking from place to place in a mine isn't my idea of 'fun', also about the 'realism' thing, it shouldn't be THAT realistic, it's a GAME!

You players are so boring, sorry. You just think about money and gaining. I think about fun. Hey, that's what the game is all about! shaking her head

Sincerely yours

Lachesis

Edit: Harvesting is already a lot of walking, and spawns wont be too far away from each other to increase that amount significantly.

Edited by Lachesis

:D Well, by all means, there won't be any more or less realism to the game. Not too many of use actually mine irl, but I can assure you the ore is nither an infinite pile nor does it spawn magically on top of the walls in a cave. lol. I'm still pushing for a release on the test server, so people can see what it would really be like, instead of just imagining what the devs have in mind.

The_Pale_Elf - most wpns and armor are worth less after being made than the cost of the raw ingredients, based on the prices I've seen as of late.

Lachesis - Please explain to me where the fun is in searching for ore deposits? I just don't see it.

:rolleyes: Um, yeah, see, I'm asking what prices... Because that generalization is simply not true in all cases. For instance, a steel shield:

8 Steel bars @ 40gc ea

2 Iron bars @ 35gc ea

5 Fire Essences @ 4gc ea

Comes out to 410gc, if I didn't add wrong, (which is possible). If steel shield goes for 600gc, which I see often, then you're not losing money, now are you?

EDIT: Also, if this change happens, then the resource requirements for making the bars will be lessened. So, while iron ore will cost more, it will take fewer to make the bar, which should keep the bar price about the same. And, this will make some people stop harvesting for money, (because they will not like it), and they'll go do something like kill rabbits or monsters, for other resources.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Well maybe it's not fun to you because you are just thinking about what you will do with the ore, forgetting that harvesting them should be joy as well. If you think its more fun sitting and wait, I can't explain. But if the value of ore increases and you have to look for it, you will be happy when you find an untouched, opulent vein.

Sincerely yours

Lachesis

:huh: That's maybe a little too "into" mining even for me, hehe. But, in balancing a game, you need people that love to do the work, to supply, and you need people who hate to do the work, so buy.

:P But this is the concept: Right now you walk to the ore, probably using a map to go right to the spot. you mindlessly click, go eat a sandwich, come back and your pack is full of yummy ore goodness. No exploring, no real need to even be at the keyboard. What sort of game is it that you can play without even being present to play? No sense of accomplishment when you have 10k ore, it was just walk back and forth to get it...

I can understand wanting to impliment this in caves and mines but what about areas where an ore or a crystal is a prominent feature of ther map.

Vermor castle and Carmien manor have diamonds in positions to make the map look nice. I can't imagine the VC diamond moving around that little room. The Diamond just hit a teleport nexus and so it departed us.

And the same situation occurs in Tarsengaard school. There is a big store room with ores, crystals and even sulphur. It would look very odd to se them move at all.

Aside from that I think moving the ores would be good.

The CC is the biggest cave and sulphur would be hard to find. In MM there is more sulphur in the smaller cave but there are goblins about. I think an alternative to CC would be sought out for some ores in this way but if no one was using CC for that resource it would be worth visiting some of the time.

If the best strategy is to use one cave some of the time and another the rest of the time then there is more variability.