Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Ore spawns

Would you like to have Ore spawns, instead of static ore?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have Ore spawns, instead of static ore?

• Yes, Ore spawns!
    • No, keep it as it is, in static locations!

Ok the question speaks for itself basically.

Would you guys like to have ore spawning in random locations throughout the caves? This will promote more exploring, and in general make the game less boring because you'd have to prospect for the ore, and it will get depeleted in it's new spot after so many successful harvests.

Please post your thoughts and suggestions keeping forum rule #12 in mind.

Would this be COMPLETELY random, ANYWHERE in the cave? or just within a few ground tiles?

It will be as random as we can possibly make it. You'll also probably only collect 1 or 2 at a time still. However, if this is done, then less ore will be needed to make some things perhaps.

:blink: I'm all for it, heh. Spawns should be in regions in the caves, like along a particular wall would be iron spawns, another wall would have tit ore spawning. Each ore spawn would hold maybe between 10-50 ore, and spawn new ones every 15-30 seconds. It would make resource gaining more of an adventure, and break up gangs of people sittign in one spot mining.

EDIT: Additionally, if this is released, we should include maps for all caves, so people can walk around in them without getting lost!

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Guest Koltsoi

I like the idea for ores! Especially if a new vein is discovered and more is mineable in the beginning. This would alleviate 20 ppl crowding around the sulfur in CC! Also, if the ores are spawning, then would ores be found in any mines or just the ones where they are currently?

As for flowers....why not! If 75 ppl are picking lilacs out of the same bunch (nera the VotD flower shop) they would naturally deplete in R/L. Why not in EL?

I'm for it! That mine and then walk to storage gets to be old after one's 5th or 6th trip to storage and back. Thank God for Windows solitaire! :blink:

i voted yes caz is better and more realistic

it is a game - it *must not* be realistic.

1 iron bar = 7 iron ore, 3 coal, 2 fire essences

when will i have collected the 7 iron ore for the bar?

in 1 hour? in 2 hours? in one day?

it takes 7-8 seconds to make one iron bar.

with ore spawns, when will i have collected enough ore for 100 iron bars? one week?

also think about this:

many players take their stuff with them for bars (i.e. coal + fire essences) and they make their bars (or health essences with siler ore, ...) AT the ore, they make a bag with the stuff and they are sitting ON the bag.

Edited by DrMabuse

If it's completely random and just 1-2 ores in each spot, it'd be a little too adventurous. :blink: I say make it a radius of a few ground tiles, myself. If it's entirely random it could be an hour before you find another vein of a specific ore in larger caves, like the Crystal Caverns..

This would help the in game econmey making it a bit more difficult to mine there for raising prices for items like steel sheild and such which are getting near impossible to sell for a decent price.

Also its should spawn more than one vien at a time beacuse I dont want to have to seach a whole cave for a new vien and then find out some else found it and watch it disappear. If this come in to play could we get rid to the teleport nexus bull?

I relize that it was to prevent automation and such but if the veins spawn (teleport) the players would no longer be required to do so. correct me if im wrong here.

Edited by Specter

I voted no because I like being able to find what I'm looking for....

If the 'spawns' had between 50 and 100 of the ore... and they wern't too rare... it might not be too bad...

I would love to try it out on the test server... see how it would work out...

1. if we do this, I will make maps for all the caves in the game.

2. the spawns will be many per map...i can't really say how many, it depends on the size of the map, but CC for instance should have like 50-100 viens or "spots" also depending on how it's done.

3. the spawns will most likely be in certain areas, but you will never know which area at one time. And of course they will come back to certain areas. Most likely it'll work something like this: ore depletes->ore spawns somewhere else. So that there will always be a constant number of ore, always the same amount..just in different places. I'm not certain on this however, things can still be decided & changed.