Eternal Lands Official Forums
BriGuy!04

game trouble help plz

when i click on the eternal lands icon on my desktop it says on the first page i need newer hardware to play. If i still try to play i get only 1 or 0 fps. Almost everything in my computer had been deleted the other week. and i do not no what to install to make the game work again. because it used to work fine.

:ph34r: So the game worked fine a week ago, everything is wiped, but no hardware changes, and now it's 0fps? I would suggest starting with brand new, latest and greatest video and mainboard drivers. Also check to be sure that you've got drivers for everything in device manager, (usually hit windows button and pause to bring up system properties, and go to device manager from there).

;) Lemme know if this helps.

No, but you do need to install drivers for your video card. They can usually be obtained from the website of the card's manufacturer.

Guest I want my cookies. -freeone3000

The current ones. The brand name, same as your video card's.

:) Your monitor is plugged into something on the back of your computer. You need to find out what the brand and model of that card is... It may even be on your motherboard. If you can't figure out what kind of card it is, get someone to take it out and look at it. Should be written on it somewhere.

:huh: And no, if you don't know what a hardware driver is, you should NOT take the card out yourself, or even touch a screwdriver to your computer. You might blow it up and burn down your house and aliens will come and take you to Antarctica.. :P

Guest Guest_briguy!04

wait so is it plugged in the back of the monitoer or the computer and r u sure its always green?

Guest Guest_briguy!04

wait so is it plugged in the back of the monitoer or the computer and r u sure its always green?

It's inside the computer, and it's the one the monitor cable connects to. It's not always green, but green is the most usual.

But you'd want to find it in control panel instead, much easier and without risk of destroying your computer.

Isn't Windows supposed to come with some plug'n'play thing that can autodetect the graphics card and ask for a driver? I'm sure Microsoft was advertising something like that ten years ago.

Well, this may be fruitless, but here goes.

There used to be a program called AIDA that detected damn near EVERYTHING about your system. However, it is now called Everest. So google for Everest and d/l that. Then you'll know where to go for your drivers.

or, if you are using windows, chances are you have a neat little program on it, called

dxdiag.exe search for it, i think it might be somewhere in

c:/windows/system32/...

but just do a search :P

IF you have it, use it, it will show you all information you need to know :P

Right click start, go to properties. Hardware tab, click on the button labeled device manager. Click on the plus beside display adapters, tell us what the thing under it is called.

How come someone didn't bring this up before?

when i open everest

Everest v1.51.195

+ computer

+ Motherboard

+ operating system

+ server

+ display

+ multimedia

+ storage

+ network

+ directx

+ devices

+ software

+ Config

+ Benchmark

what would the card thing be under

Display most likely.

You can also try right clicking on your desktop, choosing properties then clicking the settings tab. From there click the advanced button and read what it says in the colored bar at the top of the window that just opened. For me that is the name of my video card, but it may depend on the card or the version of windows you have.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.