Eternal Lands Official Forums
Pawelkus

PKable

Yesterday I saw Freezer on IP fighting noobs. :(

A week earlier I saw Hypatia training in NC store :ph34r: killing all who missclicked her/him.

I would like to askall of you:

Is being PKable any punishment for those guys at all???

To all who read this post:

Please take a look at the date of this post. It means I saw hypatia training at NC storage somwhere between 1. - 9. feb. 2005.

I haven't seen her/him doing it recently (22.02.2005).

Edited by Pawelkus

:ph34r: It was an attempt at finding an alternative to banning people. It's too easy to work around, and thus isn't really a good idea at this time. Maybe later, as the game changes, it can be included as a standard and not be just a benefit to those who are to be punished. But for now, it was a trial idea that fell through. (Hopefully not a mistake to be repeated)

<_< I still think, even with that stipulation, it's not a good idea. Just create a timed ban, and leave it at that. Don't give players something that sould possibly be desirable, such as PvPing in any map.

I think when a person is made PKable, no items are dropped when the other person fighting the Pk'd person dies and no experience is gained for either party. Then it will become a punishment.

Heck maybe even make the percentage to lose an item be raised to 70% when you're PKable. That would work well for both punishments and when someone is PKable for a contest.

:) Some people like to PvP just to fight. They will do it nekkid, with no items, with cheap weapons and armor, or however. And they will pick a fight with someone else just to see who wins, and the brief conflict before they have to walk back from underworld is what they want.

<_< There is also a certain status to being PKable. You're centered out from the crowd by your diff color name. Many players, especially semi-noobs, view you as a person who is PKed regularly, and therefore must know how to fight back if the odds aren't too high out of your favor. The attacker not dropping any items might be a help. Otherwise it becomes a good way to scam anyone who wants to try attacking you and loses.

:D What about the concept of making a player nonexistant? That is, player does not affect the world around them in any way? Invisible, muted, unable to hear everyone else, maybe not see everyone else. No PM, no channel access, no guild chat, maybe just recieve messages from mods. Maybe optionally they can't see monsters or animals, and can't harvest. On a timed basis of course.

#ghost playername

muahahaha. they must drift though the world, unable to interact. I like the thought of it.

rofl. now That would be a punishment :)..

:rolleyes: Hmm, sounds a lot like when you died in UO. You became a ghost, and you could only walk around until someone ress'ed you. Which was a nice system. You could watch your corpse to see who looted it, or you could run to find a player or npc that could bring you back so you could run and get your stuff. Or you could just walk around and not get PK'ed because you're dead, and you could spectate battles going on without lagging anyone, etc.

i got an idea why not make people stuck in the under world and they can't get out or maybe make a zone where bad players can go and they are stuck there for as long as there punishment is and then other players can visit them and look and stair and see who was banned and why they were like maybe a player zoo! lol :rolleyes:

Good idea. Maybe a 30% penalty.

Then it can't be used for contests.. like it was in sunday

sonic808 Posted on Feb 15 2005, 02:23 PM

i got an idea why not make people stuck in the under world and they can't get out or maybe make a zone where bad players can go and they are stuck there for as long as there punishment is and then other players can visit them and look and stair and see who was banned and why they were like maybe a player zoo! lol

ok, and why would someone log on to play a game when theyre just sitting in a room <_< ...

ok, and why would someone log on to play a game when theyre just sitting in a room <_< ...

Because maybe you could make it where the only time that passes for the punishment is when they are online, and to make it so they don't just log on and afk, Make them have to move around the room, cave, or whatever for the time to pass....Or, on another aside, you could make it so they have to stand in the corner of the room, typing out (in essence saying) some sort of punishment...Kind of like Bart Simpson at the begining of the show.

Just My thoughts and Ideas,

MasterWolverine

The typing out "I am sorry for my actions" sort of thing would be too easy to macro, I think. I'd say take a part of a map where nothing exists, like a blank black room of no walls and no tiles to walk on, so you're stuck in place, and let the char sit there. If the player wants, they can delete the char and make another. It would keep mods from doing things like making PKable and then have to apologize for their wrongdoings.

:blink: I think the best punishment would be a level lock. If it can be emplimented. A level lock would keep the char from upping their levels for a period of time. No changes to the char attributes perks or levels. Punishment might be so many in game hours like the guild join rule. Think about it.

Guest Arcuss

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing about how girls r evil is soooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! It's so true ;). I mean, my gf wants me to do stuff for her but do they ever pay u bak or anythin in return besides maybe a little kiss? NO THEY DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Pawelkus i am HyptiA and i was NOT training at NC storage so edit your post. I have never trained at storage since i got in trouble for it and i do not attend on getting in any more trouble.