Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

idea about animal spawns

how about in animal section create function so that that if 2 same creature they can reproduce each other. So if person kill all goblin in votd gold cave then has wait day for 2 to respawn again but if don't kill those 2 they they create another goblin evey 1 hours. My idea to bring realised to spawn of creature because as right now it only place you can action get fast and lot of it. Obvasouly more same creater are alive more will spawn.

Plus that this way if people kill all same creater for hour then more create so end has hire people bring population under control.

So basic idea is add ability for monster and animal to reproduce it self.

Edited by jamesvm

how about in animal section create function so that that if 2 same creature they can reproduce each other. So if person kill all goblin in votd gold cave then has wait day for 2 to respawn again but if don't kill those 2 they they create another goblin evey 1 hours. My idea to bring realised to spawn of creature because as right now it only place you can action get fast and lot of it. Obvasouly more same creater are alive more will spawn.

Plus that this way if people kill all same creater for hour then more create so end has hire people bring population under control.

So basic idea is add ability for monster and animal to reproduce it self.

It would also slow down a/d training greatly. People aren't gonna let the spawns live to get more of that creature. Experience greed kicks in.

one could put in a system where if more then x amount of monsters are without a given area then the reproduction stops.

still, i think it would be more trouble then it worth...

Well, I don't Know duran. I've also thought of this too and I would of kind of liked to see this impletemented in some way.

Although, I was thinking more like implementing this more as an Event rather then a constant program. Something like the Monster incursion events that were gong to be introduced. Also, it'll have to be something that'll have more meaning to the game and not quite as devastating to the game. Something Like Rabbits, for example, would be perfect for this. Having Rabbits actually keep reproducing instead of having to wait for them to respond would be a little more realistic. And we all know Rabbits! It is highly unlikely that all Rabbits on any given map will be over hunted!

But if they were and this was implemented as the normal Spawning system of the game, there are ways to control the population. For example, When any two rabbits meet (like they're bound to do on most maps), A new rabbit will spawn. After sometime and after a certain number of rabbits total exist on one maps at one time, the Program can simply Stop producing them (only Slightly based on reality. after all, an environment can only support a limited number anyway). Then, if the total population of Rabbits on a given map falls below a certain number, the normal Respawn System will respond by spawning the approprate number of new rabbits to be introduced into the environment.

If monster raids/ Excursions happened (Something I like the sound of, but not something for this thread) you could have 3 or 4 random spawns after it as been beaten off, sortof like the straglers left behind or turning up late.

But as I said thats something for another thread.

As for this suggestion the above idea made by Kami sounds good and would increase the number of raw meat around and perhaps lessen some conflict between Bunny hunters on IP aswell. :-)

One can assume that they are already reproducing. The term 'spawn' is just the modern computer gamer's term for reproduvtion in a game.

I don't think we need to go into specifics on this reproduction business. Because if we are Roja will have to make a few more animations......

I don't think we need to go into specifics on this reproduction business. Because if we are Roja will have to make a few more animations......

Heh heh. :huh: Nice way to put it.

Spawns are beacuse Mortos' curse over the land. He made everything pop back to life to prolong suffering. That's why they "respawn".

Read the Great War, please.

Spawns are beacuse Mortos' curse over the land. He made everything pop back to life to prolong suffering. That's why they "respawn".

Read the Great War, please.

I have read it, but was mor thinking that this applied to PCs and not to animals and monsters.

Besides i was speaking in general terms, as every game have some kind of spawns - not all are related to the Great War.