Eternal Lands Official Forums
Earl

Guild politics channel

I'd like to see channel for guild politics but here's the twist, in the channel instead of seeing the username of the player speaking you'd only see the guild tag.

For example;

[Dao]:Hi guilds.

[banE]:hi dao

[Gard]:hello

[Ant]:Yo Dao.

[Riva]:When did you ants get back?

[Ant]:I haven't seen many other members about recently.

[Dao]:Everyone is having the same trouble...

[*CO*]:not us! pwned!

Anyway, if this were added it would allow a certain mystery element to discussions as there would be no certain way of telling exactly who you were talking to. People could interact more heavily outside their guild, it's difficult to really know members of other guilds even if they are allies just through the lack of talking in a channel together. It might even encorage the development of a new type of player, the diplomat.

Possibly allow guild members of a certian rank access to this channel, my initial thought is rank 16.

Social changes following this may include similar guilds merging together.

I can't see any negatives to this idea. If a guild doesn't want to use it they don't have to.

What if a guild acts up? Say it's just one member that is getting out of hand... how would you know who it was in that guild that was the bad seed?

You wouldn't know. It would make it interesting wouldn't it?

The reason I suggest that it shouldn't neccesarily be the guild leader is that then there would be no partial anonimity. With no anonimity I might as well have come to this forum saying "Guild leaders #jc 432."

Actually even with a bad seed you'd overall get an average voice of the guild. The anonimity becomes the guilds voice.

Sounds like a plan, but the the rank should either be fairly high (16 would be good) or that the guild master could use a command like:

#allow_guild_channel <name>

This could improve relations and interactions between guilds.

:D Actually I would :P

SO START THE STINKIN' TOPIC BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

no one would use it. end of topic.

Thanks for thinking for us... so refreshing not to have to do that kind of thing myself... :D

I love the Idea.... I'd probably camp out there most of my time online.

:) I think there should be more custom channels like this. I mean, you could go to channel 4-2million, and what's the difference? This is a nice concept. Kudos to the original poster. I do agree there should be limits on who can enter the guild chat channel, whether it's a guild rank or special command to allow guild members to represent the guild.

I love this idea! Very good thinking Earl. :(

I think the rank restriction for the channel should be high but the channel shouldn't only be for guild masters.

:ph34r: Then let the server side logs show who is actually who. That way if someone tries to use it as a way to hide who they are when they're being offensive, they can still be dealt with.

Very bad idea, we'd be swamped with abuse emssages like: "OMFG someone from [insert guildname here] cursed us!!11!"

But that's not true. You can alwais get of that channel if you're bored or uncomfortable with what's said, and if some1 wants to keep cursing s/he'd have to do it in local or pm, with the real name.

And what's wrong with curses? Them might start some guild wars, and we would have some fun.

You can alwais get of that channel if you're bored or uncomfortable with what's said, and if some1 wants to keep cursing s/he'd have to do it in local or pm, with the real name.

<_< Ya know, you would think so, but how many times does someone get miffed that anyone says anything just off topic in a newbie or market chatroom, and start whining to the mods about it? Now, you can have people legitimately calling on people hiding behind a guild tag saying racist, slanderous, hurtful crap. If this idea were to be taken seriously, there needs to still be a way to record who says and does what on the server and maybe even mod's logs. (Not a bad idea, let mod priv people see everyone who says whatever, like it's a regular channel.)