Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

• I want cheating to be allowed.
    • I want the rule of no trading from the same IP.

Un-PK RaTz0rS and HypatiA if now its legal, pls.

You can't relieve someone's punishment if they performed it before the removal of the specific law. They can't unban all ip-traders just because this law was put in place: they all ip traded when it was illegal.

Un-PK RaTz0rS and HypatiA if now its legal, pls.

You can't relieve someone's punishment if they performed it before the removal of the specific law. They can't unban all ip-traders just because this law was put in place: they all ip traded when it was illegal.

Shure you can.

Other way round its unfair: To ban someone for something which is not illegal anymore or was legal when s/he did it.

Piper

actually, you shouldnt un-punish people because the rule they broke is now out of existence, for a simple reason

they still broke the rule, whether if it is now a rule anymore, and breaking rules is responded to with punishment, (and feeling like having fun, i'll say this) and it breaks the spirit of the rules to unpunish someone after the broke (what was at that time) a rule :)

i *think* that pkable-ness by default 1 month, so 1 month after they were made pkable :lol: of course, mods can decide on the length of punishment as they see fit lol nelson=pkable forever plz. hehe :D

As Elf said, they broke the rule regardless. Breaking a rule that existed at the time is still punishable. Just because it was removed does not mean they should have their sentencing removed too.

Just a question, if people are worried about muling, why not just add a actual mule to the game, so everyone can use it? Other RPG's have had carts/etc to carry things As I see, since summoned creatures already follow around their master, would it be hard to simply buy one or 2 or whatever, have them follow around their master, and simply pick up any items their master drops? Maybee it would cause lag? I dont know. Or maybee even just having a horse drawn cart that one could sit in/ontop. Just a idea.

Peace.

Edited by Daejin

Sitting in or on top would require it having a diffrent height than the tile below it. Which I don't think can happen with the current animation format. A cart thing is a good idea, but hit search... been suggested, been shot down.

Edited by freeone3000

Thats a great idea, except i don't think you can travel via anything other than foot (horse, cart, horse-cart, etc) in this game, but the idea of a self pulled cart or wagion is great, maybe even an animal (deer, horse..lol) could pull it.

That would be so awesome

Thats a great idea, except i don't think you can travel via anything other than foot (horse, cart, horse-cart, etc) in this game, but the idea of a self pulled cart or wagion is great, maybe even an animal (deer, horse..lol) could pull it.

That would be so awesome

Thanks, i also wondered why there is no cows in the game either, i mean since their is leather which is only purchaseable, and we all need a little milk now and then. ;)

i *think* that pkable-ness by default 1 month, so 1 month after they were made pkable laugh.gif of course, mods can decide on the length of punishment as they see fit lol nelson=pkable forever plz. hehe biggrin.gif

Very bad joke B)

allow multiplaying.

it's not cheating anymore if everybody can do it, and it was never really controlable anyways.

get rid of the negative perks, make the attributes dependant on each others.

not more than let's say 20 difference between the highest and the lowest attribute.

if you want to mule, work for it. if someone leveled 2 characters honestly, let him profit from it.

:)

YE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree, when u do shitload alch on ur mule and take bad bad neg perks it's kk.

Ok, Soldus just yelled at me for getting a bag that my other caractor dropped when he got killed by harvest........ He said it was illegal to bag sit on same IP..............................

Even tho Scorp, another player, that I do not know, and never met before got the bag, and gave it to me.....

What gives here.

Edited by Usalfin

There is some ambiguity in the rules on these mutliplay issues since same ip trading was allowed. Soldus said that they would soon clarify these issues.

For now I would suggest don't do it.

We have some ambiguous rules and precedents that we are sorting out and we will come to a definitive answer very soon.

Ok, I was just going to donate $30 to get full plate and get a couple books that I have not been able to get yet, maybe some EFEs, and maybe a MM cape, but I guess I wont donate to the game now.

Humm $30 + 10 + 10+ 6 = $56 not alot but for just putting some items in somebodys account.

Ohh, If you have money in real life, thats not cheating.....

Edited by Usalfin