Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

• I want cheating to be allowed.
    • I want the rule of no trading from the same IP.

Little hint from a non-network administrator:

I would run my main chars client on my desktop machine and then simply boot my laptop, connect using the inbuild 56k modem to one of the countless call-by-call ISP's and run the muling char there.  :angry:

Piper

I was talking about spoofing IPs, not about having multiple IPs.

I meant, that you even dont need to know what tunneling or spoofing is, if you want to trade with 2 of your chars, if the server blocks trading between chars from the same IP address.

Sorry that i didnt express that clearer in my other posting.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

I want cheating to be allowed. [ 73 ] [49.66%]

I want the rule of no trading from the same IP. [ 73 ] [49.66%

:S

:angry: You know, it seems that the community is pretty evenly split on this. Even with the wording pointing honest people to avoid the cheating side, we're evenly split. It seems that if you pick on or the other, no fewer than 73 people will be pissed.

:P Could someone maybe post a more fairly worded vote, or maybe some different solutions, maybe some that have been mentioned here? This really looks like the community is saying that as a whole we don't like one option over the other...

But why do you need to have two chars unless you plan on doing something that you couldn't with one character?  Isn't that the very spirit of cheating?

I use 2 chars, because I don't like to be a jack of all trades, but nevertheless want to use most of the skills available. So I made two chars, one for fighting/magic/summoning and the other for alch/manu/crafting. The only thing here, I wouldn't be able to do with only one char, is the fact that I couldn't play my roles adequatly, but instead would've to play a quite different role, of some super-uber-mega char, and I really don't like this for myself.

Heh? Anyone else see a problem with the math here?

Normal imprecision, due to rounding errors :lol:

Heh? Anyone else see a problem with the math here?

Normal imprecision, due to rounding errors :lol:

That's not normal. Even if they calculated 70/140 at single precision with a formula that calculates 1/140 and then multiplies it with 7000 (%), the result should be far more precise. However, if you try to subtract 0.5 from the number of votes given for each option, but keep the total number of votes as it is, you get very close to the results that are shown up in the poll. As adding 0.5 is a frequent way to implement rounding if you only have a ceiling function, I guess that there is probably something wrong with the rounding implementation.

Sincerely yours

Lachesis

i would like for the multiplaying to be allowed because i have 2 chars and i dont use mules, plus im an honest player the only thing i do between the 2 chars is either give HE's or SR's.

<_< - Characters don't interact. This is fine right now, and doesn't make people whine about cheating. But why do you need to have two chars unless you plan on doing something that you couldn't with one character? Isn't that the very spirit of cheating?

Not at all. I do not like having to specialize, I always liked having a well rounded character on the old server. I liked having the ability to do well in all skills. Now because of the nexuses required for everything, and the fact that we can get unlimited attributes, makes it impossible to do all skills well on one character. If somebody wants to work all skills, they are forced into making at least 2 characters. But since I still do all the work to level both, how on earth is that cheating?

<_< - Characters don't interact.  This is fine right now, and doesn't make people whine about cheating.  But why do you need to have two chars unless you plan on doing something that you couldn't with one character?  Isn't that the very spirit of cheating?

Not at all. I do not like having to specialize, I always liked having a well rounded character on the old server. I liked having the ability to do well in all skills. Now because of the nexuses required for everything, and the fact that we can get unlimited attributes, makes it impossible to do all skills well on one character. If somebody wants to work all skills, they are forced into making at least 2 characters. But since I still do all the work to level both, how on earth is that cheating?

it isn't.

cheating starts when someone creates a mule, packs all negative perks in it and has a baggieboy with some 600-1000 emu w/o any effort.

thus my suggestion to linke attributes together, and remove the negs...or at least make ppl have to have high levels to use them.

:)

I thought it was decided that cheating would not be allowed but bag trading would for those on the same IP.

Edited by Ormus

:P I believe that's how it's always been, tho someone needs to tell Crannog about the news before he makes me PKable... hehe

:P When will the vote be tallied? It seems the "cheaters" are in the lead now, but it's flipflopped like a Democratic presidential candidate. lol. I'm j/k, don't waste space flaming me. Seriously, we can't have the total counted until we're sure everyone's had a chance to vote...

I thought it was decided that cheating would not be allowed but bag trading would for those on the same IP.

Yes, apparently that was decided without announcement even thought the poll shows the opposite results :huh:

Quote from Roja in the annoncement forum:

New rule guys, this thread is now obsolete:

21. No trading from the same IP address allowed. If you wish to trade with someone else from the same IP then you may only trade by dropping stuff in a bag. You cannot use the trade feature/window!

EDIT: Seems that this was posted before the poll

Edited by Derin

I want cheating to be allowed. [ 86 ]  [52.12%]

I want the rule of no trading from the same IP. [ 78 ]  [47.27%]

The option cheating to be alowed won the poll, so why is it a Rule now that u cant trade?

I think it was decided not to allow same IP trading but this threads poll was never closed and the thread was not ended and so votes kept coming in.

Edited by Ormus

:ph34r: Waitasec... Roja posted this thread, asking for a vote from the public, and it says it's our decision. Has our decision been taken away from us? Please tell me this poll wasn't a sham...

:( I could understand if a general user made the poll up, and the mods don't wanna honor the vote... But this is Roja! One of the top dawgs in the forums! It simply isn't right to tell the players they get a say in things, and then ignore what they say if you don't like what they chose...

That rule was posted BEFORE this poll! It is because of that rule that I made the poll! Look at the dates/times guys !

That rule was posted BEFORE this poll! It is because of that rule that I made the poll! Look at the dates/times guys !

:ph34r: *sigh of relief* Come on Roja, you expect us to do mroe than midless reading and posting? lol Thanx muchly for clarification tho.

I think that I've read the whole thread.. forgive me if I missed it...

Is there a closure date for this poll?

I saw in Roja's post 'a few days' but is there a more firm date/time?

Fair enough.. :D

Thanks for getting back to me.

EDIT: After reading my post again...

I ment no disrespect... hope it didn't sound that way.

Edited by Kenneth916