Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Cheating allowed? Or, no trading from same IP?

• I want cheating to be allowed.
    • I want the rule of no trading from the same IP.

I dont see how that can be classed as cheating, i mule in alot of games, but mainly MU, and they dont further me at all, they just hold stuff or they are used to help train my friends at lower levels.

i have never muled in EL, but i have a few characters that i have used for quests and the like(they are all on the declare other characters if you wanna go see) and it would be alot easier if i could just make Aitrus give them stuff instead of taking hours longer to earn the stuff they need when ill never use them in real game play.

I also do not see how muling can benifit a person in any major way, please point out to me how it does.

i play with my wife in the real life of course in our home network, i think if we trade we don't cheat, that why i d like it be allowed when it's two char with 2 real players

http://www.muonline.com/ - another free MMOG but more 'diablo like'.

xD i dont play that MU i play www.muonline.gr and alchemymu :D

roja can you please change the description from "cheating" seeing as the majority say it isnt?

Ok, final decision is in.

You can trade with others from the same IP without being punished.

We will be making it harder to get negative perks, so you won't be able to just load up a character with attributes to be used as a mule...well you can do that, but you'd have to spend hours leveling up that character to get those extra perks. They will no longer all be offered from level 0.

I cannot vote either, mainly to the phrasing of the question.

I dont want cheating allowed, but I maintain Nera a trade bot, and it is necessary in the course of maintaining her for me to trade with her frequently on th e same ip.

Bag trading with a bot is not really an option unfortunatly.

:P:blink::huh: Three cheers for this decision! The power of democracy at it's finest. Now I can post this link if Crannog warns me again. Tho, he said bag trading on same IP was not allowed... Oh well. Knowledge is power, let the mods all have all the knowledge before they get all the power.

Ok guys, this choice is completely in your hands. This poll will be up here for a few days, at the end it will be locked and the changes will take effect in the game.

You have two choices!

1. Allow a player, or players, from the same IP to trade with each other using the trade window feature.

Pros: People from the same family or who are on the same network can trade with each other, allowing them full enjoyment over the game.

Cons: There will be players who own mules, and will advance in this game by cheating; they will use the trade feature to their advantage and not play fairly. This means that if you like to advance in levels in the game with a fair fight you will no longer have it, because other people will cheat.

2. Dissallow trading with users from the same IP; this will also be coded so there really will be no way to trade from the same IP at all.

Pros: Cheating becomes much harder, and you have a much better chance to play the game fairly.

Cons: Honest players will suffer a bit in that they cannot trade with each other anymore.

Why was this situation brought up you ask? For these reasons:

1. We are too small of a team to be a policeforce on this game. We are wasting our time with hunting people from the same IP and punishing them if they have not declared their names on that thread in the forums.

2. There is no way to know for sure if the player is lying or not. Only a lot of evidence not in their favor shows that, but we still have a small chance to be wrong. I dont like punishing innocent people.

3. The tread "declaring all users from same IP" in the forums is utterly pointless. People can, and i'm sure have, lied about it. It's useless.

So, people, this is your game, choose wisely as it WILL be made into effect!

EDIT: Bag trading however IS and WILL be still allowed no matter what!!!

:blink: Hi all....i play alot and my son tried it and likes the game. But because of the ip rules we can't play at same time or help each other out. The way I see it...if a player has 2 char playing at same time....he can only trade what 1 char makes or buys with the other...therefore he is still stuck with his own stuff...not really makin money....has to put in the time on each char...whats the point. So it makes no real sense for Roja to put in long hours trying to control it. There will always be cheaters just like viruses. You will always be stuck in a cycle of updating. So I say instead of policing...put time into the game. Cheaters will come and go.

Ok, final decision is in.

You can trade with others from the same IP without being punished.

We will be making it harder to get negative perks, so you won't be able to just load up a character with attributes to be used as a mule...well you can do that, but you'd have to spend hours leveling up that character to get those extra perks. They will no longer all be offered from level 0.

SirIronHeart you should read before posting.

I scammed the posts quickly looking for mention of a MAC address. I didn't, so sry if this was already put out.

How about making it so players with the same MAC address cannot trade with each other, but allow IP's to trade with eachother for individual users playing on the same home network?

I scammed the posts quickly looking for mention of a MAC address. I didn't, so sry if this was already put out.

How about making it so players with the same MAC address cannot trade with each other, but allow IP's to trade with eachother for individual users playing on the same home network?

It's because you don't know how network works :D (every router change MAC address with it's own).

its obvious freestyler and szmyciu are the same person, i mean, szmyciu posts 2 minutes after freestyler while he only has 5 posts on the whole forum. <_<