Disengage Rings

How you want it ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How you want it ?

• 1) I want pizza
    • 2) don't change them
    • 3) Change them and add new and better rings
    • 4) I don't care

:P to be honest if it isn't broke don't fix it! 5 secs gives enough time to either beam out, get out of there or put on your MM cape. A reduction in time will simply mean more people die. You can't do enough in 2-3 seconds, not everyone can touch type - 5 seconds is good, if your not out of there by then well you really do deserve to die!! :(

As for chance of failure well that too can mean death but no ring is flawless. A low 10% chance should add some random fun/deaths occasionally.

As for the 1 in 1000 chance or something of a FLAWLESS ring well that would be a good idea if there is a percentage of failure! :D

Edited by Anya

I love the new idea for the diss rings... maybe the 400xp penalty though.

Everyone else has fail rates... why not fighters?

Fighters do have fail rates...when they use magic to heal. Which is just about every fighter in 30's or higher...

Lol i wil make a noob char and use alot diss ring on rabbits ....10 min later -10 attack def. lol

:unsure: to be honest if it isn't broke don't fix it!

But if it's a beta, screw with it till you get what you like.

I went with pizza because playing a game is about doing the best you can with what you're given. What you're given doesn't really matter.

Fighters do have fail rates...when they use magic to heal. Which is just about every fighter in 30's or higher...

How many fighters depend solely on Magic? Potions are guaranteed.

I don't mean to sound calous, but it seems like high level fighters have it pretty easy. They get the best drops. They can PK just about anyone (except each other) at will. And for the most part, their magic level is high enough that a fail would be shocking.

Maybe lower the fail rate of the diss ring to 10% if you think it's too high, but everyone else fails with loss all the time, I don't think this is too much to ask the fighters of EL to put up with. Especially considering the random harvest events and longer manu/alch/pot time the rest of us have been asked to endure lately.

How many fighters depend solely on Magic? Potions are guaranteed.

I don't mean to sound calous, but it seems like high level fighters have it pretty easy. They get the best drops. They can PK just about anyone (except each other) at will. And for the most part, their magic level is high enough that a fail would be shocking.

Maybe lower the fail rate of the diss ring to 10% if you think it's too high, but everyone else fails with loss all the time, I don't think this is too much to ask the fighters of EL to put up with. Especially considering the random harvest events and longer manu/alch/pot time the rest of us have been asked to endure lately.

Err I don't think you will find any of the higher level fighters relying on body rests. I don't know a single one who doesn't cast restore to heal. Look at the magic levels, of the fighters, mine is magic 40 and I fail plenty.

Err high level fighters worked hard to get to be high level. They weren't born that way <_< They paid their dues already.

I have no trouble with a penalty of some sort, but fighting is risky business anyway, no need to make a dis ring that fails. And fighters also have to harvest with mother nature, and make the same alch essences and pots that everybody else does. One has nothing to do with the other.

I'm afraid I still disagree Aislinn...

I've seen fighters who are so focused on fighting that they won't spend the pick points for the nexuses to make potions or anything else other than armor.

I just don't see how a "fail" for a fighter is bad, but for every other profession it isn't. They pay their dues? Doesn't EVERYONE who levels up? But fighters should be exempt from constant fails, etc? But everyone else isn't?

I'm not trying to slam you here... I just don't understand why we need to baby the fighters?

No, I meant high level fighters paid their dues compared to other fighters, not other skills. Anybody can become a high level fighter, they just have to put in the time like the high level ones already did.

And I didn't say a fail is bad for fighters but not other professions. I was merely pointing out that fighters get fails also after you said they didn't.

An alchemist doesn't die if they fail an essence...

And no offense taken, I love a friendly debate :)

actually failing disengage rings are not at all like failing an essence.

more like failing teleport rings. fighters "fail" to hit properly and "fail" to evade the opponents hit.

and failing disengage rings would just increase the gap between high level fighters (aka fighters) and low level fighters (aka other professions).

and pvp training for lower levels would become almost impossible, as they couldn't rely on their ability and speed in finding and using a ring and getting away then anymore.

Every profession has its issues... but everyone seems to want to protect the fighters.

You don't need to PK to train the early levels as there are plenty of monsters about.

Gosh, if fighters had it harder, then maybe, just maybe it would be more of a challange and the high ranking ones would be more respected for their hard work.

You're right, them failing can result in death... but uh... they are fighters... death is part of their profession in this game. Let them die... I mean, if a fighter doesn't have a reasonable chance at death, it's not much of a challange, is it.

Well, for fear of this becoming an arguement, let's just say I agree with fail dis rings. I do see the reasons for why it might not be a good idea, I just *personally* think it is a minimal complication to the current system.

Edited by Kit

omg kit, you dont have a clue what ur talking about.. first try to get 60/60 at least in a/d to see how easy it is and even with those levels your are still a weak noob. And then 40+ magic, where you will still fail a ton of restore spell what ussually kills you. And if you compare failing in alchemy to dying in a fight ..umm no comment, you lost some flowers, figters loose their plate, serp and everything else. I die enough as it is, at least 5 times a day and thats withouth even going to a pk map :unsure:

Gosh, if fighters had it harder, then maybe, just maybe it would be more of a challange and the high ranking ones would be more respected for their hard work.

Lol.. like i said just try to get 60/60 whitch is still just a few percents of DonPedros exp, and dont tell me HE is not 'respected' for it.

Well, for fear of this becoming an arguement, let's just say I agree with fail dis rings. I do see the reasons for why it might not be a good idea, I just *personally* think it is a minimal complication to the current system.

you dont even get it that this effects you noobs a lot. The fighter has a lot better chance to survive a failed disengage if he counts on it, because he is ready to heal and the damage he takes is not so big, but when the diss will fail on you, you are toast, so your only semi-safe way to explore pk maps is gone

Edited by shasso

Every profession has its issues... but everyone seems to want to protect the fighters.

You don't need to PK to train the early levels as there are plenty of monsters about.

You're right, them failing can result in death... but uh... they are fighters... death is part of their profession in this game. Let them die... I mean, if a fighter doesn't have a reasonable chance at death, it's not much of a challange, is it.

You are missing the point. Failing items already made, is a horrible thing. Imagine that your pickaxe has a 10% chance of break every time you equip it. That is not a fun thing.

It is still pretty hard to get fight levels (I agree at they are easier to get than manu/craft/potion), but that doesn't mean that "death is part of their profession in this game." Noone sees death as a part of a profession.

One has to be able to rely on one's equipment.

When i failed my magic i died 100's times and got bag jumped alot! thats more gay if you lose some ingredients (2second work)

Shasso, not in this character, but in others I have been at the 60/60 and 40+ magic. It's not hard, it just takes a little time.

Why is it only the fighters are complaining? You can't compare a diss ring 10% fail to a pick axe breaking? Why not? B/c a pick axe breaking corresponds to a sword breaking.

A diss ring failing would be like mother nature in a cavern dropping 30+ points on you. Oh wait... that happens already... and sometimes multiple times in a row. I can't count the number of people who have died b/c mother nature has killed them as noobs when they barely even have 30 hit points and mother nature takes them out in one blow.

If you are training, don't train in your best gear.

If you are PKing, then don't you expect there is a chance that you'll be killed and lose your stuff?

Harvesters only wear pick axe and exc cloak, whats more shit , losing full plate or a stupid brown cloak?

re-read my post Satan... How many times on the forums are we told: don't go into PK unless you are willing to lose your stuff? Isn't that a known factor to PK?

You need full plate to fight monsters? I thougt you were one of the better fighters?

And I say that b/c people were killing fluffs and chim before plate was around... so if they could do it, I'm guessing you could as well.

Edited by Kit

You need full plate to fight monsters? I thougt you were one of the better fighters?

And I say that b/c people were killing fluffs and chim before plate was around... so if they could do it, I'm guessing you could as well.

Yes i use plate armor for fluffy, becuz i can afort it and i used to kill fluffy with serpent. if you lose that its a bigger lose then a pick axe and exc cloak...

Kit why are you trying to make this game worse for fighters whats ur problem ?

worse? a 10% diss ring is that much worse?

When they increased the time it takes to make pots / manu / alch was that fair to the non-fighters?

I'm not trying to ruin fighters... but you guys do get all the rare drops. And in turn, due to selling them, you typically have quite a bit of money. I don't see how a change of diss ring failure (and it doesn't have to be 10%... it can be lower) would incapacitate the fighters of the game.

I'm not trying to start a war here... just would be nice to see a bit more balance between fighting and the other professions of the game.