Disengage Rings

How you want it ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How you want it ?

• 1) I want pizza
    • 2) don't change them
    • 3) Change them and add new and better rings
    • 4) I don't care

Alot fighters i know are doing Potion also. and we Fail alot when fighting monsters

Fail magic

Fail to flee

Fail to attack

IMHO only change you should make is have diss rings only affect the target you are attacking, for example if you are fighting 3enemy's you should need to use 3rings

worse? a 10% diss ring is that much worse?

When they increased the time it takes to make pots / manu / alch was that fair to the non-fighters?

I'm not trying to ruin fighters... but you guys do get all the rare drops. And in turn, due to selling them, you typically have quite a bit of money. I don't see how a change of diss ring failure (and it doesn't have to be 10%... it can be lower) would incapacitate the fighters of the game.

I'm not trying to start a war here... just would be nice to see a bit more balance between fighting and the other professions of the game.

erm rare books don't sell well, and there is alot of damaged equipment.. so no fighters don't make alot of money...

Why is it only the fighters are complaining? You can't compare a diss ring 10% fail to a pick axe breaking? Why not? B/c a pick axe breaking corresponds to a sword breaking.

Ohh, so I am a fighter now :D

And yes, I can compare a disengagement ring to a pickaxe or an excavator cloak for that matter. When fighting, items degrade and/or break all the time. having fail rates on equipment is just making things worse. As Satan pointed out; fighting involves failures too (and somehow they seem to appear in the precise wrong moment :P ).

Disengagement is a way of getting out of those tight spots, you eventually find yourself in - it's a feature, not a bug.

And for the the levels thing:

Getting lvl 60/60 in fighting and 40+ magic is about as hard as getting lvl 60+ in most skills. By your reasoning Kit, anything will just take a little time.

I still don't see the issue with a fail rate... but this is a voting forum if I remember... we'll see what the tally comes up to and what they decide.

Getting lvl 60/60 in fighting and 40+ magic is about as hard as getting lvl 60+ in most skills. By your reasoning Kit, anything will just take a little time.

Nope, it isnt.

Theres not a delay nor a hour limit for xp in fighting.

Piper

Nope, it isnt.

Theres not a delay nor a hour limit for xp in fighting.

Piper

Well, you know what I'm talking about.....

There is actually a delay in fighting, for example, an ogre takes 30 sec to respawn.

I'm not trying to ruin fighters... but you guys do get all the rare drops.

Hmmm? Jalous ?

Why is it only the fighters are complaining?

lol, you didnt even read what i wrote.. Am I complaining?? I dont need to disengage, but you do.

Aaah, easy for you to support the exp loss and fail idea then <_<

Looking at your stats, maybe i should suggest a 20% chance to die instantly on every harvest :D

Yeah, I see no need to change the rings...they would be made worthless, as others have said, especially when the beam command is taken out. Compare the odds of a harvester dying with a fighter dying...this will just be made worse if the rings are changed. If the rings do happen to be changed, I think that the harvesters should have a higher chance to die somehow.

:ph34r: I agree, it would make em pretty much worthless. Make other better rings, but not rings that would make diss rings useless, (like a diss ring that gives 10 seconds of runaway time at the cost of a/d exp, people would stop using diss rings entirely). I think the rings should stay the way they are. But, I'm not a PvP kinda guy, so I'm officially voting I dun care. Let the players who use em and craft em decide.