Disengage Rings

How you want it ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How you want it ?

• 1) I want pizza
    • 2) don't change them
    • 3) Change them and add new and better rings
    • 4) I don't care

In order to bring more items in the game and to balance the crafting the followin modifications will be quite necessary. But since it's quite a big modification it will get a public debate .

It's about Disengage Rings.

How it is now:

When used in combat you get instant flee and the opponent can't move for 5 seconds

How we want to change it :

When used in combat you get instant flee and the opponent can't move for 2 seconds and also you get a penalty of 100 Attack exp and 100 Def experience.

So. I want to hear your oppinions.

Many ppl asked why ?

So we can start to add more rings . IMHO it will be a boost for both of crafters and for fighters .

this would work for me :ph34r:

a lot of noobs would end up dead, you can hardly escape in 2 sec, and u got no chance to escape if two or 3 people attack you at once

if they really need a change.. 3 seconds would be reasonable i guess

Edited by shasso

keep it like how it is

the new thing sux..

100 exp is nothing... and 2 seconds also, you gotta have more seconds to move away

but the 100 exp decrease is really stupid i think

Edited by jakie

I think they are fine as they are.

So I suugest that they stand as they are and that other items are implemented instead.

I don't think 2 seconds is long enough to be able do anything once you used it. I don't mind the loss of experience, I do think there should be some penalty, but 100 exp is nothing. It needs to be a little more drastic than that.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing more rings either :ph34r:

Edit: I voted for pizza since none of the other choices were exactly right for me :lol:

Edited by Aisllinn

i would change them as you proposed but add a rare disengage ring that would give that 5 sec penalty. (ad make low ratio for it like 1/500) it would be cool that way. 2 secounds are enough to press enter while #beam me typed.

[edit]

ah while talking about crafting stuff. I think game needs some medalions for non fighters, For example medalion that would give you +5 harvest or +3 manufacture. Thouse items shouldn't be craftable, make them rare monster drops. Its not ok that only fighters got bonuses from medalions.

Edited by obionek

Don't change it

Dis Rings save your life

for example:

double Troll or Ogre Attack in CM, you don't have a chance to put in 2 Seconds your MM cape on

2 secounds are enough to press enter while #beam me typed.

High-Level characters can't beam on certain maps.

Edited by DrMabuse

I don't mind the loss of experience, I do think there should be some penalty, but 100 exp is nothing.  It needs to be a little more drastic than that.

I use a lot of diss rings while training when i cant flee so more exp loss would suck :ph34r:

High-Level characters can't beam on certain maps.

wrong, it was removed

Edited by shasso

It will make disengagement rings worthless.

Regards.

I would leave them like they are now, but would add more rings instead. I therefore choose the 3rd, answer, also it doesn't exactly give my view.

I think 2 seconds is too less time actually. You can use a prepared #beam in this time, but it will be a challenge to successfully use a tp ring or go away in that time. I assume, the penalty would be cumulative, but it's much too low, I think. If you, for example, used up 1k dis rings, it gives a penalty of 100k on attack and defense each. Even at level 50, this is one level to the max, at higher levels you will not even notice the 100k.

My two cents to this

make the current issengagement rings have a 20% or so chance of failure when used.. resulting in absolute nothing. (well ring gets used)

and Then make a special ring, maybe other ingreds, or just a 1/50 chance when manufacturing diss rings, that works just as this current ring, that is: flawless.

#beam me up wil be removed anyways.

I think 2 sec is abit to fast maby 3sec would be oK. people need to carry more diss rings then in a fight in KF, so crafters wil get more work in making diss rings?!?

Edited by Satan

make the current issengagement rings have a 20% or so chance of failure when used.. resulting in absolute nothing. (well ring gets used)

and Then make a special ring, maybe other ingreds, or just a 1/50 chance when manufacturing diss rings, that works just as this current ring, that is: flawless.

I would rather have an exp loss than a chance, especially a 20% chance, of the ring failing!!! :ph34r:

no, very bad idea, you need a way to get away if you pay the price, and 400 xp would indeed sum up, failing a ring would definitely kill you, and it's easy enough to get killed WITH working rings already

Fail chance is not good, when you click the ring it ussually means disengage or die.. Atm the weaker player can only rely on the diss ring to save them IF they are fast enough, so if they would fail at that there would be a slaughterhouse, whitch would benefit only the stronger players. People would buy less of these rings if they coudnt rely on them.

Also less people would go to PK areas, and less harvest/train in PK like the nordcarn cave, whitch means less fun for everybody :)

And the frustration.. Now you can at least blame yourself for messing up and being slow when you die, but if the failed diss ring makes you loose your best stuf.. :D

Edited by shasso

Maybe create two kinds of Disengagement Rings - one Lesser, and one Greater. The Lesser one will have the effects you described (instant flee, 2 sec, -100 att/def exp), and the Greater one will have additional benefits (instant flee, 10 damage to opponent, 7 sec time, no exp loss). You could then put them at different crafting levels.

-Lyn-

In order to bring more items in the game and to balance the crafting the followin modifications will be quite necessary.

What do you mean by this? If you want crafters to sell more of these rings, then making it lets say 3sec is good because people will sometimes have to use more of them before they escape, but adding and EXP loss to it, has the opposite effect, people will use them less. When i train i use a lot of disengage rings, when i cant flee and the exp stops coming in. I use like 5 per session at least but loosing the exp would make me use less of them for sure.

For more of these rings to be used/sold, how about making it so that you need 2 rings for each disengage?

In general, the using of disengage rings should not be discouraged in any way, because they help players explore dangerous places and saving peaceful players that do not want to have anything to do with PK-ing from the killers.

Edited by shasso

I dont mind about the diss rings going to be 2 secs but i dont like the exp we lose using it.

What if you just got att lvl and use diss ring?

means you go back to old lvl .... makes no sence.

I would say decrease it to 2 secs and i am happy with it

As a beginner crafter I love the idea of new rings :D

As I'm not high enough level to ever have even seen a diss ring, let alone use it, I can't comment on what this change would do.

So - more & different things to craft please is my vote :)

maybe we can also make new potions.

Potions should only work in 80% of the times, we could have a 200xp penalty when using a potion! that would make combat even more exciting.

New and better potions would not have these penalties. And since we would all be stuck with a storage full of useless unrealiable potions potters would make great money making the newer ones! And when everybody has those in supply we could make those fail in 20% of the cases too, yay! More useless potions! Of course the new new potions would be reliable (for a while *muahahaha*).

This is a great way to propagate in game economy, i love it!

cei cei

Loth you need to lay off the carrot juice! :D

Maybe create two kinds of Disengagement Rings - one Lesser, and one Greater. The Lesser one will have the effects you described (instant flee, 2 sec, -100 att/def exp), and the Greater one will have additional benefits (instant flee, 10 damage to opponent, 7 sec time, no exp loss). You could then put them at different crafting levels.

Good otherwise but I think the Greater Dis Ring you describe here is a bit too strong. 5 sec flee time and no exp loss would be enough imo.

How about change it so that when you use a (normal) Dis Ring, the other person can still move around but not attack you?