Eternal Lands Official Forums
belton

Market website

I thought it seemed like a good idea so I built a little buy/sell market page, where you can post offers to buy/sell EL items. It's a way to get an idea of market prices and save you alot of time hanging on channel looking for a buyer/seller.

You can test out the site here:

http://market.camelot.myftp.org/index.php

To post, log in directly via EL - send a PM to beltonbot

It's just getting started, and I can use any kind of help.

1. Feedback - Tell me what you think - do you like the idea? does the site work?

2. Use - Fill it with data. Post your buys/sells.

3. Hosting

4. User Interface - I'm starting to write a proper interface for it. I could use an HTML template, artwork

ha ha ha it looks so much like a scam to get passwords i just wouldnt trust it

not saying it is thou

How can anyone steal passwords this way?

A lot of people re-use their passwords for different things. I think they do this, so they don't have to remember all the different passwords for all the different things. So if you ask for passwords, you'll surely get some that work with those people's EL account. Or their mail account, bank account, whatever.

Edit: I think I forgot to make the point that re-using passwords is a stupid thing to do.

Edited by Nikor

Should I take out the password part completely?

Probably, yes. It would at least get you off the suspicion that you are fishing for passwords.

You can use the site without passwords, using just the beltonbot link.

I haven't tried it, but if you implemented or are planning to implement features like listing one's offers and deleting specific offers through the bot, you could build on that.

I haven't tried it, but if you implemented or are planning to implement features like listing one's offers and deleting specific offers through the bot, you could build on that.

No, I meant something else - you don't need a password to use the site. Not even now.

The beltonbot gives you a URL with an HMAC token, which allows you to log in. Only if you register a password does the link become invalid.

So, you can log in and use the site, without registering a password. I figured this technique would be very unwanted, because the link is insecure - it's in your history, and transferred in plaintext.

Edit: Updated the site - it no longer asks for user, password, and you can no longer register one.

Also note it is not advisable at this time to enter an email address :rolleyes:

Edited by belton