Eternal Lands Official Forums
fred_penner

Do you want elrocks.com?

I really enjoyed playing EL and I liked making a fan site for it. But, I've moved on to other games and pastimes now and I just don't have the time (or interest really) for EL. My kids still play it and I've seen some of the cool stuff that's been added recently, which almost makes me want to come back.

I'll probably check in on the game from time to time and browse the forums occasionally, so keep my account around if can Entropy.

Anyhow, the point of the post is this: As most people have noticed, I stopped maintaining elrocks.com a while ago. Platyna asked me if I'd give her the files from the site and she would take over on another site. Rather than give it to one person, I'll give it anyone who wants it (for a limited time).

For the next day or so only, you can download the entire site from here: (www.elrocks.com/elrocks.com.zip 6246kb).

I'm going to remove the file in a day, so get it now if you want it.

Like I said, I might come back someday and I might maintain the site again some day. Until then, see ya.

Edited by fred_penner

I'm really sorry to hear that you will not be updating it…

But thank-you so much for making the download available.

Any hints on making alternative maps for the new places in the update?

Any hints on making alternative maps for the new places in the update?

I think I've said this a few dozen times: I mod'ed the client to allow for a 90 degree angle and super zoom out. That and a good video card/cpu so your frame rate doesn't drop to 0 is all you need. Or all I needed.

And Photoshop to match pieces together.

Good luck.

Yup.

This post is only for saying "thank you" for hosting a great site for some time.

Great job, you have done, and thanks again ;-)

Piper

You mod the client, as described

Then, looking 90 degrees down, super zoomed out, you are practically looking at a map of the area you're in, with you in the center

And that's all folks!

The zip got downloaded 63 times, so if you didn't get it there's plenty of people here who did.

Thanks again for a good game, Entropy.

Roja, you're all class.

Play nice, kids.

Guest Aesir

Rats, two hours too slow :P

Could someone give me a copy of the file, or perhaps make it accessable somewhere?

Does anyone managed to unpack all these files without errors? Not me, so part of images

is missing. If someone could send me a complete set of files (non rar) I would be grateful.

Regards.

Does anyone managed to unpack all these files without errors? Not me, so part of images

is missing. If someone could send me a complete set of files (non rar) I would be grateful.

Regards.

The question is what fred used to pack up

and what we can use to unpack

I used winxp's unzipper and 7-zip and can't unzip

but I can using alzip(the korean thing)