Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The Liger

Hmm I think that since we're already taking monsters from movie(s) such as the all mighty fluffy, it would be awesome to add another one: The Liger. For those of you who don't know, "it's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic." And it's from Napoleon Dynamite and i dont have a pic of it atm but if you've seen the movie, you know what it looks like.. or you could probably Google it

anyhoo i think it would be hillarious to have one of these running around in EL

eep just found a pic of it:

THE LIGER!!! RAWR!

^^thats the pic from the movie..

Edited by 007

Oh man, That thing Doesn't look Healthy at all! Looks as if it's about to Keal over any minute.

Besides, a Real Liger is not a Cross between a Lion and a Tiger interbreed. A Liger is more of a Chimeran Feline of more Original Lineage and actually known as the more Superior Hunter, rather then just a mixed-Matched cross between two other hunters.

Also, I'm more inclined to think that we should have more original Monsters in this game. Right now, there's only one semi-Original Monster in this game; The Chimeran Wolf. Other then that, we only have Monster's that were either Recycled from every other Video out there or otherwise Stolen from Other people who frankly have the right to claim Originality to the idea! And most monsters aren't even great choices for the game! They're just Common RPG Fiends that are just used way too much.

Even now, the Monster on everybody's mind is the ever debated Dragon! Geez, we can't throw a rock these days without hitting a Dragon! Dragons everywhere! I'm just about sick of Dragons, expecially since no one can ever get the idea of Dragons correct! There are so many stories, Books, Games, Movies, Etc about Dragons that I'm just about all Dragoned-out!

We Need something more original! Or at least something rarely used and not just yet another "Uber Monster". Unicorns for example, although recycled, is almost never seen anymore in Popular Fantasy! I'd even entertain the idea of Dinosuars for once! At least they aren't used quite as much!

We is it that every one just wants to copy the ideas that came before us, aye? It's always Taking what someone has already done and trying to milk that creation for every Cent it's worth. No one is doing it for themselves anymore! Where are all the great Story-tellers and Imagineers that brought us fantasyful Creatures like Hobbits And Sandwurms, Klingons and Farrangi, Angels and Faeries, Spellshapers and TechnoMages! Imagintion seams to be the Least Developed of all the Human Faculties in resent years. No one's dreaming anymore. I Refuse to believe all of the great Potential of the Human Imagination has since been depleted! We need to stop just copying ideas and standing on the Shoulders of the geniuses that came before us and try doing something for ourselfs! Don't Look towards what others have done and try to emulate! Instead, Look inwards and to your own dreams to create something.

Nothing is impossible so long as you can dream it! It's time for people to start Imagining More Posibilities and opening more doors in our intermind to draw from the power orf creativity that we all have. We all have the power of Creation within us! It's there for us to use so just use it!

A liger is the result of breeding a male lion with a female tiger. It has stripes and spots. The spots are inherited from the lion parent even though adult lions do not appear to be spotted. The liger is a hybrid cat that inherits most of the strengths of both parent species and is larger than either.

I was thinking about things like shambeling mounds/ swamp monster and sahuagin/ amphibias humanoids.

Ligers are also larger then their tiger and lion bretheran because they don't recieve growth stunting genes. Something along the lines of in tigers males provide this gene and in lions females provide the gene.

They generally don't live very long, as their continual growth places a lot of strain on their organs.

Tigons(a male tiger, and female lion cross) on the other hand generally end up as dwarves for the reason they get a double dose of growth stunting.

I'd have to remote heal unicorns to save them...

And are you talking about real unicorns, or the "unicorns" that are actually a breed of deer that live in White Sands, New Mexico (They have 2 horns that line up perfectly giving them a unicorn's profile)?

No, I'm talking "Unicorn" Unicorns!

Not Goats or Deer or Impalas or Geneticly Engineered Horses but a True Mystical, Magical, Long Lived, Pure Unicorn, As Enchantedly Beautiful as she is Elusive.

No, I'm talking "Unicorn" Unicorns!

Not Goats or Deer or Impalas or Geneticly Engineered Horses but a True Mystical, Magical, Long Lived, Pure Unicorn, As Enchantedly Beautiful as she is Elusive.

Blessed be her holy hoofs!

ehm..oops. Wrong audience...

Just dont put a Tigon in the game, they are stupid and they Totally stink.