Eternal Lands Official Forums
Master_Templar

Fred Penner

I've been thinking that too. I'm pretty sure he hasnt been in-game and im not too sure if he has been updating the site, as there doesn't seem to be any updates (tit. axe etc).

:D

Edited by Placid

Yes he quit quiet a while back :D no one seem to have noticed when he left back in aug

but if you email him at the one on the site he might get around to reading it and might get around to updating if anyone can convince him

what a shame that he quit.

is it legal to buy his url ?

i heard that it is very cheap to buy a url and then sel it for $1 billion dollar .

If he has quit, and is unavailable for the most part, I am trying to make maps that are on the same level as his are. So far I have only had marginal success

What I dont know is what program he used, or how he got them to be recognised by the game as valid maps.

If anyone can give me some suggestions, I am more than willing to put a bit of time in to make some maps.

Thanks.

1. What I dont know is what program he used

2. how he got them to be recognised by the game as valid maps.

1. He used a modified version of the client or mapeditor (not sure which) to take screenshots of small parts of the map at a time, then pasted everything together. But I believe the new mapeditor makes it much easier, since it can zoom out far, and move the camera to vertical.

2. Simply save them in the same format and with the same name as the existing maps.

Dent, i have several of the maps he did updated to show the resources :D if ur serious about doing the site, i can send em to u...i tried emailing the maps and other updated info to penner in nov and dec, but he never updated his site...i dont think he cares, nemore :blink:

I did quit, but I still wear my EL t-shirt.

And I'm giving away my site. Check the new thread in gen chat.

And if you want the elrocks.com domain name, wait for it to expire (it was a 1 year lease) and then it's all yours. I won't be renewing it.

Thanks for the update Fred.

Sorry to see someone who put so much into the game go.

Also, thanks to Leeloo. I will play around with it and see what I come up with.

Regar, as long as the maps get out, I dont worry about who makes them. I am not interested in maintaining a site, just playing around and making detailed maps.

:D

Well, I'm finally getting some freetime on my hands, so if you want to submit maps to elmanuals.com, let me know Dent...

I did quit, but I still wear my EL t-shirt.

And I'm giving away my site. Check the new thread in gen chat.

And if you want the elrocks.com domain name, wait for it to expire (it was a 1 year lease) and then it's all yours. I won't be renewing it.

:D You could also apply for the site, and if Fred is set up as the admin contact, he can respond to the email it sends to okay the transfer. That would keep the domain live...

Well, I'm finally getting some freetime on my hands, so if you want to submit maps to elmanuals.com, let me know Dent...

TG is mapped.

If anyone wants it for their sites, pm me and I will try to send it.

The problem for me is that I can not find a free host that I can store it on. It gets resized because it is 7k over the max file size of 250k. grrr.

Dent, just e-mail it to me and I can host it for you...

I was in the middle of making an upload for you for the site via FTP, but the web manager went down when I was in the middle of it...

Question: How did Fred get the harsetables on the map (what program did he use to lable the?)

I'm guessing Paint, GIMP, PSP, PS.... Any image editing software, really...

Edited by goatsgomoo

Question: How did Fred get the harsetables on the map (what program did he use to lable the?)

That is pretty easy, just walk around and note where the resources are. Then put them on your map.

That is pretty easy, just walk around and note where the resources are. Then put them on your map.

Or open the map in map editor.

Ladies and Gents, I bring you:

TG Map

Enjoy.

Not found.

hmm. when i click on it it shows. has anyone been able to get the map from there?

Do people need a password or auth to view it?

It is there, I promise!

Edited by Dent