Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

suggestions to make combat more deep and exciting

Guest Fortress

Here are a few suggestions, please escuse any spelling or grammar errors,or any topics that have already been posted.

More strategy

maybe some special skills that a fighter can invest in to make thier combat style more unique, maybe a rage skill that lets you attack faster at the expense of agility.

Dueling

Make a dueling system. Duels should be just for fun, with the ability to make a reward go to the winner. Duels should be able to carried out anywhere, and upon death both players should have thier health restored and not suffer losses apart from losing the item that they bet on, if any.

Guild duels wouls be a nice addition aswell, where the rules are the same but the "reward" is given by the guild masters, and all the players in guild 1 for example, can atack guild 2 members freely until all the players on one guild are "out"(or dead), or one of the guilds forfiet.

Dungeons and Partying

There should be a party option that allows players in a party to keep track of one other, split the exp evenly aswell as any treasure that a party member might come across.

Dungeons

There should be a dungeon that has multiple levels and has a boss at the end, and a treasure awarded once the boss is defeated,the dungeon should be instanced for you and any party you might be in, (meaning that you get a special copy of the dungeon that only you will see and be able to interact with to prevent kill steals and people stealing your treasure.)

I can think of any more suggestions, if you like my ideas, please say so, if you dont, say so too, im open for any more suggestions.

on a further note, i understand that these changes would take an exausting amount of time and effort, so if you(the developers) dotn want to put any of these changes in i understand.

Guest Fortress

sorry, typo, change that can in "i can think of any more....." to a cant..and i made lots of errors, wow i need typing lessons

Edited by Fortress

(this is devilofwar. i never bothetred to make a new account:P)

Anyways, i really liek the partying idea, it would add a new dimension to the game. some of the other thngs you suggested might chnage the whole style fo the game, btu chnage is good. Howver, in gmaes liek kal online partyng is very cool. if nothign else the editors should consider this feature to make fighting mroe fun. The other ideas are very cool as well, but i think this is the best.

I think we should have some type of duel wielding in el. you shodl eb able to sacrifice the use of a shiled for another sowrd. you should have to get extra human nexus' to use this skill as well. The duel wielding shoudl give you faster attacking speed, but take away a little defense and perhaps accuracy. Also, the tow sword should not do 100% of the damage because that would make oyu too powerful. Instead they should do like 75% of the dameg or so, btu wiht the incresed attack speed you would still to mroe totla damge, making this skill worht while.

please comment on wheter or not u like this idea.

i like the idea, (elbino_acid is me) if i could think of something which obviously i cant i wouldve posted :D

I actually have to say that I don't like the Idea of partying...

I think that the ability to 'power level' characters by fighting alongside stronger fighters is a critical flaw in other MMORPG's.

Now if Exp wasn't split.... just the financial/material reward, then I wouldn't have a problem with it...