Eternal Lands Official Forums
DrCrusher

Crowds at storage

Hi,

Since more and more people start playing this great game some places get very crowded. The Raven storage is especially crowded most of the time. For people with low end machines - like me - this means constant resyncing with the server when coming near Raven. I think it should be considerated to encourage people to spread more, for instance by making it possible to manufacture at more storages. Maybe even increase the number of storages.

It is a shame when your low-end hardware is good enough for playing the game, except when near such a crowded storage. Especially when those places are essential for playing the game.

Just my 2ct.

Most of people at Raven are AFKing, I suggested to make AFKing at storages illegal.

Sometimes I just for checking PM people at Raven, it is nice when I will get 7 answers from

30 people there...

Regards.

Such rule would be difficult to enforce :( and easy to make mistakes :blink:

maybe it would be better if people who go into afk in storage area just get dissconected ? (they're not sitting on the bag cause it could go *poof*, they're just busy at the moment in RL so this wouldn't bother them much)

other solutions

add more storage NPCs ;)

equalize storage rules - manufacturing allowed in all of them or in none of them

and one other thing

maybe, it would be possible to set a key shortcut ctrl+"use" to auto-put-in-storage clicked item from player's inventory when (s)he is near storage. Without all the dialogue boxes, at least in one way, traffic would sped up a bit.

No one said that we would ban them, we would move them, if they are AFK, why should

they care? It is very rude to AFK in crowded areas.

Regards..

Hmmm, kinda like the teleporting when harvesting...something could trigger the people to get tp'd a bit away after afking for a certain amount of time.

Sometimes I just for checking PM people at Raven, it is nice when I will get 7 answers from

30 people there...

Thats not why ppl are afk but maybe for another reason :-)

*ducks*

But anyways, since manu/alch/etc. is not allowed at Storil anymore this is exactly what i expected.

So i suggest too to allow manu/alch/etc. at more than only one storage.

Piper

The test server seems to kick you for afk'ing (or its my connection). Could an automated disconnection feature not be implemented to boot people who are afk'ing for more than, say, 30 minutes?

this has always been a problem. i propose this: you can only be in the storage area for 1 hour at a time, or else you will be teleported to hell...or maybe some magical "afk" land. in the "afk land" it's an island and you are teleported sitting...when your character stand up you are sent back to the entrance of the map you were at? (a little complex). for those who are pissed off by this for production, get over it. in addition, all you have to do is step outside of the storage area and re-enter every hour.

I would be much easier to allow manufacturing/potionmaking etc at more than one storage, like Nordcarn and Tarsengard.

*wonders why Nordcarn was removed in last update* :(

Seems a strange idea to remove something so useful to players...? :(

*wonders why Nordcarn was removed in last update* :(

Seems a strange idea to remove something so useful to players...? :(

Huh? The storage wasn't removed.

Anyway, I think we should make all the storages non manufacturable, this will avoid the problem with overcrowding and people AFKing there.

*wonders why Nordcarn was removed in last update*  :(

Seems a strange idea to remove something so useful to players...?  :(

Huh? The storage wasn't removed.

Anyway, I think we should make all the storages non manufacturable, this will avoid the problem with overcrowding and people AFKing there.

I'd agree to this only if the the weight of some of the Items used during Manufacturing is reduced. It's bad enough that I have to Use expert Packing Skills to use all of my extremely Limited carrying capasity to it's fullest extent but now I have to walk an extra 3 feet back and forth between Storage and a decent Spot.

Or, at the very least,vastly improve the Storage windows! Just plain annoying trying to use my inherrent Lag to out run the Window closing and trying to double click each the numbers to get an exact count.

Odd. I didn't intent to be sarcastic but I managed a touch of Sarcasim there.

Anyway, If you remove our Manufacturing around storage then I insist you add Seperate areas a distance away that we can use as Manu areas that are still accessable to a storage of some kind. Our own Carrying Capacity just isn't cost effective for our time.

Anyway, disregard.

There is one more annoying thing, it is not possible to manufacture around old Grim's location. When you exit dp sotrage and sit down just at the entrance to the cave - you are able to manu, when you go few steps south - sorry, not possible. I try sometimes to be "polite" and not to sit at the entrance :P so I'd be a little bit happier if you'd change it. :>

I think that forcing people to exit and reenter the storage area is not fair and very annoying, I can imagine someone who's job is only producing (he gets the ingredients from other players) and there is no need to make his job harder.

this has always been a problem. i propose this: you can only be in the storage area for 1 hour at a time, or else you will be teleported to hell...or maybe some magical "afk" land. in the "afk land" it's an island and you are teleported sitting...when your character stand up you are sent back to the entrance of the map you were at? (a little complex). for those who are pissed off by this for production, get over it. in addition, all you have to do is step outside of the storage area and re-enter every hour.

what if someone is making something and it takes more then an hour and they tp or whatever your talking about and there bag gets raped? well i think that there should be more then one storage available to manu and alch and all that good stuff, because if gotten bag jumped quite a few times at raven because i lag out since someone would be summoning or just to many people there to begin with

what if someone is making something and it takes more then an hour and they tp or whatever your talking about and there bag gets raped?

Don't put anything in a bag you don't want to lose :)

There is one more annoying thing, it is not possible to manufacture around old Grim's location. When you exit dp sotrage and sit down just at the entrance to the cave - you are able to manu, when you go few steps south - sorry, not possible.

Head a little north instead of south. Worked for me :P

I can imagine someone who's job is only producing (he gets the ingredients from other players)

What a boring job. Isn't a game intended to entertain? :)

Head a little north instead of south. Worked for me :P

Yes i know

I can imagine someone who's job is only producing (he gets the ingredients from other players)

What a boring job. Isn't a game intended to entertain? :P

Yes it is inteded to be fun, but you have to earn these darn gc to have more fun. Forcing somebody to walk some more when there is no reason (i.e. just to show he is not afk) fot it is definitely not fun.

My point is (only) that GloryFades' idea with reeentering storage is not good.

Most of people at Raven are AFKing, I suggested to make AFKing at storages illegal.

30 people there...

Regards.

You assume they are afk because they didn't respond to you? If I was there I wouldn't respond to a dumbass such as yourself.