Eternal Lands Official Forums
chintan

MM Cape or Perk?

Do you prefer the MM cape or perk?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the MM cape or perk?

• MM Cape
    • MM Perk

yeah, deffinately get the cape if you can. Not only does it sometimes make it easier to train when you don't need it, but also you can put those pick poitns into more usefull things such as phys and cord :)

It depends of many things. If you want to be a fighter or allrounder - choose cape. As

Aisllinn said - it would be a difficulty while traning. If you want to be a harvester/alchemist

etc., "peaceful" person, or just explorer - better take the perk.

Regards.

Even if you are goign to be completely peacefull the perk is still stupid. You could put it into other thigns for other variouse activities you may do. Dont' waste pick points on the perk...plus green is pretty cool :)

I choose perk. Simply, i like to have all i need (MM,Excavator, Power saving and Fast Reg) with me everytime, not afraiding to acsidentaly lose it. :)

Perk.

Mainly because I wanted to get emeralds to make magic essences well before I could think about going into the Naralik catacombs :) and before I could afford the MM Cape!!

Perk, but I prefer the cape so I can put the PP's into something more useful. Which is the idea of #reset. I usually get the perk asap so that I can do what I need when I am poor at the beggining then possibly #reset.

Guest aragog20

Im peacfull, except when i attack Goblins!

But I just got mm perk, traded for I can't dance.

Well worth it, opens up so many posibilities,

But the main + is that i can wear excavator cape in a dangerous place!

Before #reset I had perk but now I think it was wasting of pp. So I've spend some time fighting... now I've 27/27 in a/d so I can feel safe in most 'harvesting places'. IMO most positive perks are too expensive, the only one I have now is FR.

The answer is simple: If you want to explore a bit and chat at beam, get the perk, it's easyer.

If you want to play seriously, grind your teath a little, work some and buy the cape.

Actualy, if you're a really hardcore gamer, no positive perks are worth it (except maybe artificier).

The answer is simple: If you want to explore a bit and chat at beam, get the perk, it's easyer.

If you want to play seriously, grind your teath a little, work some and buy the cape.

Actualy, if you're a really hardcore gamer, no positive perks are worth it (except maybe artificier).

FR is an awesome perk and what possible negative is there to taking that as a perk other than you can't wear the pretty white cape anymore?

Positive Perks: Cloak or Perk?

For new players who are still getting familiar with the game I suggest getting the perk. True, this does use up pick points, but in the early stages of a characters life this is much easier than buying a cloak or risk it being damaged. It seems that many (if not all) new characters will probably reset at one time or another. At that time they can decide wether the perk is right for them.

For experienced players, I suggest a strong consideration based on your favorite skills and HOW you play.

Example: If you are an alcher, the harv perk may be good b/c it frees up a couple of emu and you never have to remember to get the cloak before hitting the mines.

If you find that you are always hungry for pick points, then going perkless might be the best for you. I don't see that this question has jus ONE answer. Moreso, the answer varies on the player and their experience level.

FR is an awesome perk and what possible negative is there to taking that as a perk other than you can't wear the pretty white cape anymore?

I think i needed around 1,750,000 OA exp for the last PP i made. So FR is 5,250,000 experience points. How much has 1 to work for that, and how much for a FR cape?

To be honest, i have the FR perk, i picked it up early in game when my first cape had broke and i had little money. But now i'd trade 50 capes for those 3 PP. And (thankfully) it's the only positive perk i got.

Paladin, why such a low number? Eventually, if you keep playing, you'll have much more XP needed to get a single pickpoint. And next overall level, much more. You could make the argument that a pickpoint is worth any amount of experience. So, I can say that a pickpoint is worth 140 xp, then later I can say 250, later I can say 100k.... So putting an XP value to a pickpoint is useless....

But, yeah, I suggest the perk. It frees up more EMU for other stuff, such as ore, armor, weapons, essences, et cetera, et cetera. And you can get another cape, such as an excavator or mirror skin cape so you can be safe from monsters, when, say, you're harvesting emeralds. And one last piece of advice: Perks don't break.

meh! I picked the perk ;)

dunno if I done a good thing or not....

and yes, as goats said

"perks don't brake" :blink:

Edited by sisteMa`

I took the perk in the beginning until I built up an a/d that made most monsters passive to me. Then I reset at oa 78, and it feels good now not having ANY perks (not saying the perk is bad, but it's not something you should long-term with, because there will be a point in the game that most monsters ignore you anyways).

Well, capes a tad bit expensive. Im a casual player/explorer so thats just me. For fighters, all rounders, and more serious players, capes probly better. But for me, I take perk.

Thread has sort of been dead for abit.. anyhow, with new updates, the perk has become increasingly inferior to the cape. Now it's possible to get to such a point that all monsters ignore you, negating 5 PP completely if you choose to take MM.

i say perk mainly because i like to explore and befor hand i keeped getting attacked so i rest and chose the mm perk and not a thing has botherd me even thoung i stummbeld in to a cvae with like 20 gragoles and i was fine

go mm perk

Cape's good for me, as I don't wanna spend those valuable pp's when I can use them on something else. That' and I am more a direct player, that I want to got directly where I want to go, not necessarily explore (tho it's fun to give a new area a "once-over" before getting down to work).

Can't say either is really perfect, I mean, as mentioned, later levels want the pps back when they get high enough the monsters no longer attack, but then again, the cape takes up room if I'm headed to, say, the Catecombs to mine emeralds. In fact, when I first went to mine titanium in Portland, I needed my cape then too, and having to wear the cape to avoid dieing is not something you really want, when you would rather mine faster.