Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

New interface

Do you like the new interface for PK ?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new interface for PK ?

• Yes i like it. ( And i explain why.)
    • No its realy bad. ( And i explain why.)

Isn't the "different cursors for quickbar, inventory window and game window" fix in the official client?

It is.

Then what are they complaining about?

Isn't the "different cursors for quickbar, inventory window and game window" fix in the official client?

It is.

Grab your Armor out your storage , enter a PK map , and see it yourself..

i agree with Elise, i also wanna use mouse cuz i have to play attention in a fight.

It is.

Grab your Armor out your storage , enter a PK map , and see it yourself..

i agree with Elise, i also wanna use mouse cuz i have to play attention in a fight.

I did.

I have the use cursor in inventory and quickbar windows and attack cursor in the main window.

What's the problem?

Hi Guys

Well Im not thrilled bout this new interface either.

Like Don Im allways havin the wrong icon on.

Ppl got used to the old Dbl right click to take a pot...

This "instinct" is so deep that its takes forever to get used

to somthing else... and especially in fighting or other

situations were speed is important (this is were reaction

takes over).

For sure if ur not in a rush (harv, Manu etc.) theres no

problem but to fight the ingrown reaction of dbl click is very

hard.

It is a question of time to get used to it... but its damn hard

atm. cus its new.

Otherwise the new update really rocks!!! and Im happy that

u guys are using ur spare time to make and improve this game

that we all love to play. And u (unfourtunetly) not even get

paid for it... yet.

Reguards

Saro

Well for me, if I use an item in inventory or quickbar, the cursor changes to use-icon in the main window. Further, now I have to make sure I have the use-icon selected in both the inventory and quickbar windows before entering PK. That I often forget to do.

Also it seems you can't use alt-leftclick as a shortcut to attack someone/something anymore.

Well like Saro said it's hard to get used to this new interface. I think it will take a long time before I stop instinctively double rightclicking on the quickbar.

Edited by Elise

all u have to do instead of double right click is use the finger... it's quicker anyway

Dude..

oh c'mon guys just suck it up...in the old days of el we didnt have the double right click option we had the finger and you couldnt double right click to select the finger... just be grateful :P .

This game aint all about pk tho ^^ I like it. GJ :)

Well. Noone likes you, and you know it - so get used to the idea. And noone wanna be with you, cause you sux so hard that half of it would be way too much. All in all, Noone likes you, noone even pitys you - cause you aint worth it. ;)

Phear! p|-|34r!!! :D:ph34r::ph34r:

Drats.. pox is gonna kill me :huh::o

14 Says the interface is good, en 16 says it suk,

Im sure the 14 who said the interface is good are not PKers,

You cannot like this interface if u want to handle quick and use rings/potions and other tricks, its total anoying.. this poll doesnt help.

I didn't do the poll question because I like the new interface for everything except fighting/training.

It is horrible for fighting, no question. Like elise says, the icons keep changing and its never what you think its gonna be. There is no way to be efficient and fast. And all you people who say "yeah its fine for fighting" probably do not need to use dis rings, a regular ring if you dis, cast restore spells, drink a mr every now and then, add or subtract weapons or armour or whatever...all at the same time like pkers and trainers do. Now I'm no pker, but I do train in pk areas and do need to use the dis ring upon occasion ;) My stats aren't top 20 but they are decent enough that I do know what I'm talking about.

On the other hand, the interface is pretty cool for other stuff :D

I think the best solution to this for everyone is: HotKeys.

They are configurable in el.ini. So set them up to the best places for YOU, and I think you'll find things much faster than you can ever have done with the mouse how the interface was before. Most games are now played with 1 hand on the keyboard, 1 on the mouse..EL can do the same.

I don't underestand...how come that new interface not works fine wile fighting? Attack

icon on hud still works, of course I'd love too if old system would work too, but Wytter said

it is too much work, maybe someone else skilled in programming who has more time would

code that and make config setting like #use_rmb_cycle_funtions = 0 or 1.

Regards.

i guess one of their problems is that you cant have x number of healing potions on a single quickuse key. nor can you change gear useing quick use keys. both of these can be be made available tho, and one have been in the past but dropped as it used graphics to tell items apart (potions).

quickuse of gear needs a bit of logic work on the server side but isnt out of the question as th game can allready tell if you try to wear a item when your allready wearing the same item. all it needs is a bit of code to swap these two items and a bit of code that when trying to use a weapon or armor its basicly worn as if dropped in the first open slot.

potions are a diffrent story tho. there is a need to tell items apart outside of graphics. this needs a protocol change and seems to be put on the back burner over and over...

hmm, it would be interesting to rewrite the quickuse bar so that rather then being the top row of the inventory it could hold both items and spells...

there have allso been talk about climbing inventorys so that if say you have a stack of potions then whenever you use a option the empty vial is moved to the bottom of the stack and the next item in the stack is moved up and into the quickuse row.

Ok you got a Quikbar with a difrent cursor, a inventory with a difrent cursor and just the screen with a difrent cursor, if you clicka potion now and go back on the screen to attack a fluffy the cursor is stil on the pointy finger. and i have to double right click it til fight icon, maby its bether if we could do the folowing:

inventory lock / Quikbar lock /and screen lock. so i just click finger icon in the inventroy and press Locked so it wont switch in my inv to a other symbol, i hope u understand what i mean, cuz i cant explain bether in good english..

we got a sit lock, so why not a icon lock or something

o yeh i dont think people use the Quikbar much ( i don't ) cuz its to far away from the magic window.. i like to have my spell window left of my screen (im right handed) my brother is left handed and he got the spell window right of his screen.

Edited by Satan

You said it just fine

And the quickbar is movable, you can set that in your el.ini

Edit: I love the icon lock idea...

Edited by Aisllinn

You said it just fine

So you did understand ;)

Ok, as you probably know (check my stats otherwise), im not the greatest fighter in-game. But I do fight (not PK). I dont see what the problem is. I manage to cast restoration, drinks srs and swap weapons quickly and easy enough.

I usually do this when fighting:

Situation/Target

Gargoyles, Medium and Large.

Equipment/Armor

Leather armor, pants and boots.

Mirror cape and medallion.

S2E in Inventory, but I rarely use it (just for backup).

Method

1.) Click the target to fight.

2.) Iterate through the icons and select the use/pointing finger.

3.) If need be cast restoration and then drink an SR.

4.) Swap weapon (remember, still in pointing finger icon)

5.) Pwn the enemy, win the fight, get the girl, marriage, kids....errr...yeah.

My point is this: I personally manage to use the new system easy enough to cast restoration, quaff a potion and use a weapon with minimal difficulty.

(BTW, I voted yes on the Poll)

Edited by Placid

You said it just fine

So you did understand ;)

I not only understand, I agree with you completely.