Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wytter

Goodbye all

Omg, you guys have an army?! j/k  :)

We still haven't forgotten that we lost Skåne, Halland and Blekinge... But seeing that they can't even speak understandable swedish, we'll let you keep them.

We got ripped off! Can't we like trade em for greenland? ^^

Good luck, and cya soon :)

btw, you cant play on the internet all day in the army? Damn, how do you guys train then? ;P

Nope, they're still working on the America's Army game co-project, Denmark's Army.

Farewell, Mr. Wytter, I pray your journeys are safe..

Omg, you guys have an army?! j/k  :)

We still haven't forgotten that we lost Skåne, Halland and Blekinge... But seeing that they can't even speak understandable swedish, we'll let you keep them.

We got ripped off! Can't we like trade em for greenland? ^^

LMFAO

Hey all,

As many of you may know by now, I am leaving for the military tomorrow morning.

A little over 4 months ago I was given a nice invitation of the army to join their forces, unless I wanted to go to jail for 4 months - now, it's hard to say no to such invitation so I decided to show up.

I will be serving in the artillery forces during the next 4 months and will be back in June. Hopefully I'll be able to continue client development by then, but I will have a lot more to do since I will be moving to Copenhagen as well. I will be back however, but do not expect me to contribute in the same amount as I have been the last 2 months.

To the other programmers - I've been very happy to get the opportunity to work with you and to get to know you - I've definately learned a lot during my time of helping developing the EL client, and I am grateful for being given this opportunity to improve my programming skills in a well-functioning project.

To the other EL contributers - Keep discussing how you think everything could be done better; but have patience as it may take a while before anything gets implemented, since the programming team is not that huge.

To my friends in EL - I've been very glad to get to know you; Will look forward to speak with you again when I come back. Some of you have my mail, feel free to mail me from time to time :)

To Lotharion: Beware the pies of march. Keep it stiff man ;-)

To everyone else - Bis bald, Vi ses snart, Ser deg snart, Até logo, Tot ziens, A presto, à bientôt, See you soon :D

Hasta la victoria siempre

Bye Wytter, hope to see ya again sometime soon

Ah, got the time to go home for some paperwork today, so I was able to check in on you as well :unsure:

Things are alright here - was a culture shock of incredible dimensions but now I'm getting more or less used to have to be commanded with *sigh*. The discipline is strict and it still feels horrible not to be seen as an individual, but have to look and do like everyone else, but I have to live with it for the next 3 months and 3 weeks...

For the weapon interested, we're using M4 Carbine with Optical Aim (3.4x zoom).

Thanks all,

Have fun :)

Wytter

For the weapon interested, we're using M4 Carbine with Optical Aim (3.4x zoom).

M4 Carbines (shorter variant of M16A2) can overpower a full grade M16A2 Combat Rifle with the right modifications.

I still prefer M249 SAWs over both. :P But that's just me.

Edited by Daxon

M16A2's are used by the danish marines as an assault weapon - in Denmark they're known as M95.

M16A2's are used by the danish marines as an assault weapon - in Denmark they're known as M95.

They never drilled me on learning foreign military classifications of weapons. :( M16A2s are used by most American infantry units, not limited to one branch of the military.

isn't there something like a civil service in Denmark?

And btw... you are somehow lucky, 4 months is nothing against my 12 months

Yea, we do have civil service in Denmark. But it takes longer, involves more problems, less payment and if I had decided to do civil service instead I wouldn't be able to start studying in september :)

All in all, things are going alright - right now I'm in a library in the city near the base. But those LTs are really annoying me with their nitpicking - for instance I was send inside to polish my boots once more because they found 3 grains of sand that had come on the way out of the building. Ah well, it's just 3½ month more, fortunately.

Yea, we do have civil service in Denmark. But it takes longer, involves more problems, less payment and if I had decided to do civil service instead I wouldn't be able to start studying in september :D

All in all, things are going alright - right now I'm in a library in the city near the base. But those LTs are really annoying me with their nitpicking - for instance I was send inside to polish my boots once more because they found 3 grains of sand that had come on the way out of the building. Ah well, it's just 3½ month more, fortunately.

I had more problems with sergeants than I did lieutenants. Then again, the lieutenants are usually the rich boys that goto military academies. :) (I need to shut up: I'm discharging and re-enlisting at 2Lt this October).