Eternal Lands Official Forums

You load up on ingreds. Go to mix window, add ingreds, click mix once and all the items in your inventory mix automatically.  This includes eating automatically.

People have gotten so lazy nowadays.. can't even sit by and click mix a few times (and don't bitch about getting bone conditions, because the chances of you getting them are low to begin with. You're young and in good shape. Drink your milk and stfu).

Glad you're ok, Daxon, but what about those who aren't...??

I was told sometime ago that using a simple auto-clicker is ok. Something like MyMouse, that will click repetetively in one spot...

but not something that will enable you to record keystrokes as well, or automatically eat, or unload, or anything else. So you're not macroing...

Hope this helps?

I was told sometime ago that using a simple auto-clicker is ok. Something like MyMouse, that will click repetetively in one spot...

but not something that will enable you to record keystrokes as well, or automatically eat, or unload, or anything else. So you're not macroing...

Hope this helps?

Autoclickers were allowed to harvest with when it required multiple clicking. Now, I'm not sure if they are allowed anymore though.

Geez.. You know the game is completely Wacked when it requires any amount of repetitive actions continuously for any extended lenth of time! It's not that we're Lazy, Daxon! On the Contrary, We'll gladly do the work but there's a certain point in which doing the same thing over and over again becomes more work then is nessasary! It's basicly Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click....... Everything is just Clicking! It's both taxing on both our mind and Body, worse yet on only one part of our body(our hands) which even more compounds the issue! Sometimes I feel like Altas who was Condemned to hold the World on his Shoulders for eternalty, only that instead of my shoulders, it's my hand that taking the entire burden! It would be nice If it were possible to switch hands as well but it's not for the general population who aren't so Ambidextrous!

Just Reduce some of the Clicking!

Here's an idea: Maybe we can try using the Keyboard a little move. Right hand on Mouse, Left hand on Key Board (Vice Versa for some) and doing any complecated actions other then just simple harvesting would require some more control! I mean, I have this other hand over here doing nothing besides to do the ocassional Typing but otherwise is almost Dying from Atrophy! See, That's being Lazy but only because it's forced upon us.

Oh, And Daxon. Hell Yea we'll complain when being forced to do something that puts us in pain. When people as young as age 20 are getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, don't you Stand there and try telling us we have nothing to complain about. We Know how our hands are being overworked. We can feel the strain and tension that builds up in our wrists and fingers to the point where we have to stop at times and rest so you better believe we have the right to state our concerns about it. Maybe that just proves we may spend a little too much time playing too but it sure doesn't help matters much when the game's controls aren't very "Player Friendly"!

Indeed, it could be easy and innocent method to reduce clicking till developers will not get

something else.

Regards.

I think legalizing automixers would be okay, because it's not going to kill people or something and I'm also on my second mouse so it would be nice. People would just have to write one...

LoL they don't make mice like they used to eh? my mouse rockz it's lasted for years =) hehe still sometimes i have to take a break and go let the ogres attack me, it's easyer that way, don't have to click the ogres :) poor people with mm perk :) then again it is helpful when fluff comes over :D

anyway i think LE/SR speed needs to be increased, and i also like platyna's suggestion for automixing (less clicking ^.^)

Geez.. You know the game is completely Wacked when it requires any amount of repetitive actions continuously for any extended lenth of time! It's not that we're Lazy, Daxon! On the Contrary, We'll gladly do the work but there's a certain point in which doing the same thing over and over again becomes more work then is nessasary! It's basicly Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, CLick, Click, Click, Click, Click....... Everything is just Clicking! It's both taxing on both our mind and Body, worse yet on only one part of our body(our hands) which even more compounds the issue! Sometimes I feel like Altas who was Condemned to hold the World on his Shoulders for eternalty, only that instead of my shoulders, it's my hand that taking the entire burden! It would be nice If it were possible to switch hands as well but it's not for the general population who aren't so Ambidextrous!

Just Reduce some of the Clicking!

Here's an idea: Maybe we can try using the Keyboard a little move. Right hand on Mouse, Left hand on Key Board (Vice Versa for some) and doing any complecated actions other then just simple harvesting would require some more control! I mean, I have this other hand over here doing nothing besides to do the ocassional Typing but otherwise is almost Dying from Atrophy! See, That's being Lazy but only because it's forced upon us.

Oh, And Daxon. Hell Yea we'll complain when being forced to do something that puts us in pain. When people as young as age 20 are getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, don't you Stand there and try telling us we have nothing to complain about. We Know how our hands are being overworked. We can feel the strain and tension that builds up in our wrists and fingers to the point where we have to stop at times and rest so you better believe we have the right to state our concerns about it. Maybe that just proves we may spend a little too much time playing too but it sure doesn't help matters much when the game's controls aren't very "Player Friendly"!

Well, atleast you slipped in an idea in there. I believe making a button on the keyboard that acts as a mouse click (Probably something like ~/` or something?) would help the general folks -- instead of click, click, it's push, push. B)

I'm also used to repetitive actions, thank you. Go play Lineage I and fight in TOF 34f for 6 hours a day, doing nothing but slaughtering skeletons after skeletons. You'll know what repetitiveness is like then.

Well, atleast you slipped in an idea in there. I believe making a button on the keyboard that acts as a mouse click (Probably something like ~/` or something?) would help the general folks -- instead of click, click, it's push, push. B)

I've been using a button for clicking for at least half a year. I just press shift-numlock, and then the 5 on the numeric keypad works as left mouse button.

Using an OS that wasn't made by a company that sells computer mice does have it's advantages.

I've been using a button for clicking for at least half a year. I just press shift-numlock, and then the 5 on the numeric keypad works as left mouse button.

Using an OS that wasn't made by a company that sells computer mice does have it's advantages.

Oh! You lucky girl! ::Wonders how hard it would be to go from MS to Linux::

BTW, Kami I liked your post. You explained nicely what I was trying to get at.

And to Daxon, my first mouse broke while harvesting. The clicker button died. It was the strangest thing it went all limp.

Being a mechanical explorer I just had to open it up and look. Sure enuff it ws a lil plastic part that allowed the button to "spring" back up. The mouse was 3 years old at the time, but still! It had been a good friend to me. Through all the 3 years of scouring the web in search of something like el, and then through the first month of EL, it served me faithfully. But alas tis now dead and burried in my trash can.

I have a new mouse now, and I really dont want to sacrfice this mouse to the EL clicking gods too.

Please allow some sort of automixing, even if it only reduces the clicks by half that would still be a major improvement.

JaneMuffin

Allow multiple Items to be created from a single click.

EG put 10 each of sulpher, red rose, red snap in the mixing window and yeild up to 10 FE's

Then it'd be super easy for me to crunch through 6k HE at a time.

EG put 10 each of sulpher, red rose, red snap in the mixing window and yeild up to 10 FE's

Well, not if the Time it takes to do all 10 is also multiplied by 10 as well. Sure, doing a HE in 1 sec is nice but doing 10 in 10 secs is still not any easier besides on our hands and our mice. Also, Try doing anything in such a fashion like LEs as they are now! The advarage time it takes me to do 1 LE is 5 secs. Doing 10 at a time would then be 50 secs, Still reasonable if you ask me. And that's not taking into acount your food level! Sure doing 10 at a time is great for Fire and Water Essences but don't count on doing 10 HE's on only a 45 food level.

But then again, isn't it not much different then an Autoclicker? Saves you 10 clicks of your mouse, even if if still requires you to keep ready with your mouse.

Get EL back like it was around february 2004, then it rocked.

Can we have an EL Classic Server? :)

Sorry to break topic, but for once IMHO I actually like Platyna's idea, she is right.

1 hour 40 minutes that you can't move around because it would stop the mixing process, and yet you need to be at the keyboard, ready to answer some random mod asking "are you there?" before booting you, which would of course not only stop the mixing, but make it forget everything you mixed in the first 1 hour 38 minutes :D

Well, I am a little dissapointed because except Wytter no one from developers said if he agrees or not.

Roja, I am suggesting a feature (temporary or not - it doesn't matter, we can always resign from this

feature when game system will change and this feature will become obsolete, exactly how we done with

autoharvest anyway now it is very needed) and I am ready to provide implementation as the code in for

developers to approve, so can I do that or not?

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Current manufacture delays are encouraging macroing not automixing.

Regards.

I don't think anyone beyond the level of 20 in a skill likes the slow process for mixing. But I don't think auto-mixing is the answer: either short term or long term.

Seems to me that people would take advantage of this nearly right away. Are the mods suppose to sit around 24/7 while even a temporary auto-mixer is in place checking to see if they are at their keyboards or not?

And it wouldn't take much of a program to answer back random things. Which means the mods would have to ask odd questions to test the person sitting and auto-mixing.

I would love if we could come up with a more fun way to raise our skills in the upper levels, but I don't see how auto-mixing would help anyone but the macroers. I mean if they ran their character 24/7 then the little benefit gained by honest players would be dwarfed by the cheaters.

My suggestion:

Remove the delays COMPLETELY and lets have more steps to create items.

Not, as it now is, ore+coal+fire ess => bars + fire ess = sword

Lets make instead more unusable items like blades, handles, leather strings, polished gems and so on. And after you have made all this (useless) things, you can make a sword which you can use.

So you have much more steps, which waste much more time, until you get usable items, and the need to make a lot of unusable item will cut down the amount of usable ones in game.

And that will maybe a boost for the market too, b/c you can trade with such unusable items.

Oh, well, and more than 100 slots in storage would be nice then :blink:

Piper

It is being worked on, but it may take alot of time, this is why I suggest removing delays

or allow automixing...

Regards.

I like that idea Piper. But I also like Roja's ideas about making the manufacturing/alchemy process more interactive, by requiring you to mix stuff/adjust temperatures/stir/spit in the kettle/etc. at the right time. Combining these two would give a great enhancement of game play, I think.

That's how it will be Grum :blink:

This will take away any need for a boring "wait and do nothing" delay.

I want to make the game as interactive as possible.

Yes, Roja, that's great, but it is a long term plan, so can be use automixing or delays can be

removed?

Regards.

Yeah that's probably better. I see no advantage in more clicking. And don't start with it's easyer to macro. Because people who realy wanna macro, will macro.

High problity platyna answer no because if automix was implement then people high stoctpile of manu,potion,crafting,essence stuff when long term plans gets implemented.

Edited by jamesvm

That's how it will be Grum :ph34r:

This will take away any need for a boring "wait and do nothing" delay.

I want to make the game as interactive as possible.

that still doesn't remove the repeatativeness (is that even a word?) of it... sure, for the first week or so, people will think it's cool and/or hate it completely, but after that... it's just something else to look at while you are waiting... No more interesting than the bottom of the Manu window, just different...

I've read through this post two or three times, and so far, I don't see how any of these suggestions make it less boring and more interactive. I know what Miss Roja plans on doing, and while it is certainly unique and different, it is no less boring I'm afraid...

The types of players who currently, or will in the future, play this game are more than likely younger yes? thus the need for so much newbie friendly instructions and a Smegless chat channel correct... as far as I can tell, they all want the same thing, and they don't want to sit and wait for ages to get it. While I don't advocate pandoring to kids like so many other games, and enjoy a little challenge every once in a while, I don't find sitting and waiting challenging, just annoying. I also don't think that creating different parts of a weapon would be any more challenging, just, more annoying.

And as far as the auto-mixing suggestion being a defense against macroing... I think that you've been smoking up too much boss, AUTOmixing is just a built in macro, much like auto-harvesting... you dont have to be at the computer at all to do it... and what's to stop someone from making 45 1 food items per go? nothing... while yes, the exp is less, they're not even playing while doing it, just sitting there and gaining xp...

Perhaps Jojo will finally be challenged for his AFK king status, build it in...

Evil Scorpio