Eternal Lands Official Forums

Well, since manufacturing everything became even more boring and repetitive, also confusing (I don't

know if others but I waste half of my clicks to actually get "you stopped working" message), I'd suggest

to allow automixing patch, why?

- There are no difference between repetitvity of brain damaging clicking on ore like in former harvesting

and brain damaging clicking on mix button.

- It will not make making items easier, but less boring and confusing.

Features suggested:

- It will not autoeat, just mix unless it gets an error message (like "you are hungry..., "you need a...")

You have to, of course, eat "manually".

- Since there are various times of making items, config setting: #set_mixing_delay = something, and in

game %set_mixing_delay.

If that suggestion will be accepted I can ask my friend to prepare such patch and send it to admins for

approval, exactly like I was doing with "autoharvest".

Edited by Platyna

That's a horrible idea imho.

This is what should be done:

Decrease delays to max 3 seconds, otherwise you'll lose attention.

Increase the number of steps between the raw materials and the end products. For instance, making essences might need you to crush the flowers, making a full-blown armour should have several steps where the armour is incomplete etc.

Waiting is what makes the game utterly boring; in the long run automixing will NOT fix this problem at all, just enable people to do something else such as reading forums instead of being bored. We should fix the problem with the gameplay being utterly boring instead (and that's of course being worked on, but in the meantime adding more midway products can be a good solution).

But Wytter, they can use that patch without being catched now if they are online, in game. If you see a

person who is mixing and not responding you will ban him/her anyway, but if that person is automixing

and is online - what is the issue? What is the difference between that and autoharvest?

EDIT: That feature will stop mixing while your food level will go to negative value. So how many

disengagement rings you can do while being AFK? Two, then you have to come online, eat and run

automixing again. You can make 4 magic essences while being AFK. Count that one dis. rings takes 3

seconds to do...I wonder how many posts on forum you can read in 6 seconds period then.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Like I said it doesn't solve the problem at all. It'll make it even easier to macro for real as they'll then be able to create a full-blown automixer by changing and adding ~15 lines. Currently you need a bit more.

It is not that easy to catch macroers FYI.

If someone can code C he will make himself the macro anyway. Whole that patch is AFAIK extremely

easy to write, so if someone wants to cheat and knows C he is doing it now. And I know it is not easy

to hunt macroers. Anyway that feature rather will discourage people from macroing than actually

encourage them. Why people are macroing? Because of boring and repetitive game interface.

You arguments are not convincing me. I was distributing the client with autoharvest after Learner

approved it and we have rather noticed that macroers count decreased - people wasn't macroing

because they didn't had to. Most popular macro here is automixing + autousingbag + autoeating, why?

Because making items is extremely confusing and boring especially after recent changes, and these items

are needed. So people are either macroing, leaving the game or stopping any activities in their favourite

skills (like I had to abandon alchemy and crafting, I am only sitting and chatting now).

Regards.

In my opinion an auto-mix function is not the solution.

most players will play EL the following way:

- mix HE's (they are a bit too fast for my opinion)

- mix mana potions (also too fast for my opinion)

- go fighting

This is an endless circle and it's boring and no fun.

manufacturers, crafters, healers (they use HE's + ME's), Summoners, ... have no chance.

As Wytter suggested, the delay should be decreased.

This was done before (see: Manu Tuning & Bug Fixes, http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=10367)

Edited by DrMabuse

Features suggested:

- It will not autoeat, just mix unless it gets an error message (like "you are hungry..., "you need a...")

You have to, of course, eat "manually".

- Since there are various times of making items, config setting: #set_mixing_delay = something, and in

game %set_mixing_delay.

IMO it's good idea and like Platyna said, clicking Mix all the time is boring. There is also another problem, I have high pings after midnight (peer to peer working.. :huh:) so making even a few ess is very hard work (sometimes I get 2sec lags..). Replacing existing system with Start/Stop Mixing will be real good, maybe one more sugestion: some stats, f.e. You have ingreds for n items - why?...why not :P

Another suggestion - I'm cooking meat lately = Use with and there is another boring (=annoying) thing with it... if I have 20 raw meat, I must click on it first (in inv) and later click on fire, how about - I click on meat once so I have raw meat 'selected' and later only clicking on fire to cook it?

Edited by Nissarin

We're working on a solution to this problem, so just have patience guys :huh:

I also hate a game that is boring and repetative...so i'm not going to keep it this way.

gah, why dont we just turn this game into a diablo2 clone? toss out anything remotely similar to manu, harvesting or similar.

got keep mine that did want game to have main plot to it they want plots to be optional too.

delay timing should be changed. 7 secound for a steel bar is way to much. I dont know also why HE are taking only 0.5 sec. thay should have atleast 1secound delay. Its true what Platyna said about macroing. Its easy just run a macro-clicker or chance gome lines in the EL client... imho enabling automixer is nat a solution. Delays should be changed, Wytters idea is also very good. i love it :)

We're working on a solution to this problem, so just have patience guys :(

I also hate a game that is boring and repetative...so i'm not going to keep it this way.

Love you! :(

Honestly, I'd take an Auto-Eat Function over an Auto-Mix anyday! That's just be cause I have having to keep jumping from window to window Clicking this and clicking that then back to clicking this again and then back again....Makes me want to pull my hair out. And it's worst with serious Lag to, then sometimes the game won't acknowledge some of my clicks and I end up missclicking on something or other problems like that.

Anyway, That's just my point of view, not a suggestion.

On the topic of catching macroers by messaging them:

When I am manufacturing or doing alchemy, I have 4-5 windows open on my screen. They cover pretty much the entire useable area. While I can see through them to an extent, I am not paying attention to the messages behind them. I check my chatlog after every round of mixing, but there is still up to a ten minute period where I will be unresponsive.

Is this the only way to check if someone is running a macro, and if so, should I now be worried that I will be 'caught' because I am not chatting while making stuff?

After the harvest update, when delays were implemented, I heard and idea that was pretty cool.

You load up on ingreds. Go to mix window, add ingreds, click mix once and all the items in your inventory mix automatically. This includes eating automatically.

While you cannot do anything (harvest etc.) you will be able to chat.

Seeing as how I dont know much about programing, I would not be able tosay how to do it, but its a good idea.

One last question, is it okay to use an autoclicker to click the mix botton as in for fe that is one click per second? You would still have to stop it and eat of course. My aching wrist is very curious :P

JaneMuffin

After the harvest update, when delays were implemented, I heard and idea that was pretty cool.

You load up on ingreds. Go to mix window, add ingreds, click mix once and all the items in your inventory mix automatically. This includes eating automatically.

While you cannot do anything (harvest etc.) you will be able to chat.

Seeing as how I dont know much about programing, I would not be able tosay how to do it, but its a good idea.

One last question, is it okay to use an autoclicker to click the mix botton as in for fe that is one click per second? You would still have to stop it and eat of course. My aching wrist is very curious :P

JaneMuffin

if read rules answer was no. Before auto harvest they allowed to use autoclick to harvest stuff only and nothing else.

People have gotten so lazy nowadays.. can't even sit by and click mix a few times (and don't bitch about getting bone conditions, because the chances of you getting them are low to begin with. You're young and in good shape. Drink your milk and stfu).

I know the rules, that's why I am asking for permission to use and distribute such change in the client.

I know there is work to make game less repetitive and boring, but till it will happen my idea could be a

good "work-around", since the new update delays were increased, so currently I can't even train alchemy.

Autoharvest has been allowed because it was repetitive and boring, it doesn't increased macroers count.

It is the case of comfort for the players.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I know the rules, that's why I am asking for permission to use and distribute such change in the client.

I know there is work to make game less repetitive and boring, but till it will happen my idea could be a

good "work-around", since the new update delays were increased, so currently I can't even train alchemy.

Autoharvest has been allowed because it was repetitive and boring, it doesn't increased macroers count.

It is the case of comfort for the players.

Regards.

I'm training my alchemy just fine. :D I have gone from 64-67 alchemy since the update, and I will make another level when I finish this batch. :P

You load up on ingreds. Go to mix window, add ingreds, click mix once and all the items in your inventory mix automatically.  This includes eating automatically.

People have gotten so lazy nowadays.. can't even sit by and click mix a few times (and don't bitch about getting bone conditions, because the chances of you getting them are low to begin with. You're young and in good shape. Drink your milk and stfu).

Huh, okay well I did not know it was against the rules. Anyways the automixing idea was a good one. Repetitive tasks are very boring, and take away alot of fun from the game.

I ussually dont agree on much with platyna but on this issue I think some sort of fix should be implemented.

It's not an issue of lazyness, I just dont like all the clicking.

Mind you I am on my second mouse, the first one broke while harvesting.

::hands dax a razor and some shaving cream::

You know what to do =)

JaneMuffin

Huh, okay well I did not know it was against the rules. Anyways the automixing idea was a good one. Repetitive tasks are very boring, and take away alot of fun from the game.

I ussually dont agree on much with platyna but on this issue I think some sort of fix should be implemented.

It's not an issue of lazyness, I just dont like all the clicking.

Mind you I am on my second mouse, the first one broke while harvesting.

::hands dax a razor and some shaving cream::

You know what to do =)

JaneMuffin

Lazy.

I think legalizing automixers would be okay, because it's not going to kill people or something and I'm also on my second mouse so it would be nice. People would just have to write one...

I just don't see how people have broken their mouses harvesting/mixing. O.o You barely have to click it for it to work..

Edited by Daxon