Eternal Lands Official Forums
Denalin

Harvesting experience...

I seem to gain too little Harvesting EXP, because of the Hourly rule. What if you make a system where you need to type in a message displayed in a window every 30 seconds, something simple, yet complex enough to confuse Macros.

I don't see a problem with the 120 succesful harvest cap, I would rather get all 120 done straight away and then be able to go do something else without having to wonder about keeping myself near a store and decent harvest location just because I could get some more harvesting done a few minutes later.

Its fine (well to me anyway), you can always Harvest more advanced things (when your able to) if you want harvest exp and then do alchemy for some more exp.

Exactly as Ormus said. You have to remember that your experience can be greater with better items being harvested. You are limited to 120 successful harvests in an hour, not any set amount of XP. So your actual maximum would be 120 * highest XP item to harvest (tit I think). Once you reach THOSE levels you'll find that you max out your XP for the hour much later and don't have to wait so long to lvl up your harvest.

i think that harv cap should be upped because it was origionaly designed to discourage ppl with autoclickers from sitting in one spot all day to get really high levels.this problem has mostly been solved from the random events that have been implemented and the autoharvester. so in accordance it should be upped to around 180 to 200 imho. it just seems that with it taking forever to harv new things for newbs they should be able to reach those higher levels faster to balance out...

I don't agree, I have NEVER had a "You failed to harvest..." message. It keeps it in check a bit, thought I can see your point also. However, I don't think most people have too much of a problem with harvesting things, because in order to harvest most of the higher level stuff you have to up your nexuses. If the cap didn't exist or was raised then the level difference between harv and other skills would be really ridiculous. As it is, in most people, their harv level is higher than any other skill.

Sincerely.