Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daxon

Artificer Perk

At the cost of 7pp, 2000 gold, you think the artificer perk would do like it says and double the chances of creating enriched essences, modable weapons..

It's in reality failing to do that for a large majority of people. A lot of folks claim that they have had WORSE luck once taking this perk. So I've proposed that articer perk also offer a 30% increase in item-making speed up to a certain point, say, 1 second per essence? (Can't increase it any faster than that).

If that's too much, maybe making it increase 50% faster and dropping artificer "enhanced" item rate to 1/4? Just a suggestion.

Feel free to set fire to the building.

Edited by Daxon

That sounds like a good idea, and maybe, the speed increase should be limited to those items that can actually produce an 'enriched' thing of some sort

At the cost of 7pp, 2000 gold, you think the artificer perk would do like it says and double the chances of creating enriched essences, modable weapons..

It's in reality failing to do that for a large majority of people.  A lot of folks claim that they have had WORSE luck once taking this perk.  So I've proposed that articer perk also offer a 30% increase in item-making speed up to a certain point, say, 1 second per essence?  (Can't increase it any faster than that).

If that's too much, maybe making it increase 50% faster and dropping artificer "enhanced" item rate to 1/4?  Just a suggestion.

Feel free to set fire to the building.

Do they have proofs or do they only argue from a personal view, like it feels or seems as it is worse? I have rate that is better and I'm going to verify this.

Your other suggestion sounds interesting, but dropping enhanced rate to 1/4, when it's already too worse for most people? Think this doesn't make much sense. But it would increase enhanced item prices, which were a good thing.

@Derin: A speed increase for fe? They are already quite short. Only every 10th or so takes ~0.5sec the rest between goes within a few milliseconds.

Edited by Malaclypse

When making items with probabilities near 1/10000 you can't make meaningful estimates of probablility based on samples of only a few thousand attempts. I started trying to gather statistics on frequency of enriched essences before taking artificer and decided I couldn't wait that long so I took the perk. After the perk I made a batch of 10000 fire essences and got 4 EFEs. Your mileage may vary. I could have gotten 1 or I could have gotten 6 without stretching the probablilities either way. Let me know if you have statistics based on 100000 samples or more - I'd be really interested in your results.

I dont know about 100k but a friend made 5k fire essence with Artificer and got 2 EFE like a week ago

Do they have proofs or do they only argue from a personal view, like it feels or seems as it is worse? I have rate that is better and I'm going to verify this..

I never took the perk personally, but when about 30-40 people gave me negative feedback about the same problem, I believed it.

@Derin: A speed increase for fe? They are already quite short. Only every 10th or so takes ~0.5sec the rest between goes within a few milliseconds.

Of couse I didn't mean FE (dunno why I even feel obligated to comment on such a remark :( )

I was replying to Daxon's post, which you read but failed to remember while reading my reply

Without artificer I was making 1 efe in about 5k fe. There was a time when I made 10k fe and got nothing. As soon as I took the perk I got 1 efe out of 2.5k and now since the new update, I get 1 efe out og 1k fe. I know this is not scientific but I harvest about 3k ingreds a day and ussually end up with 2 efe and some ingreds left over.

With LE, I get 1 ele out of 100-200 LE.

I have not tried EME or EWE yet.

JaneMuffin

I didn't test much before I took the perk. I only did 10k once and got 1 efe out of it. After I got the perk I got down to making 5k packs, and I got 2 efe the first time, now I am on the second 5k pack (have done ~2k) and already got out 4 efe from this. I will continue to remember this, to get a long term picture at some time. I do usually not make them at once. Instead I get 5k of each flower and then make fes as needed, taking care of how many efes I got at the beginning and end of the load.

I only made ~3k we so far, and got no ewe. Life essences I do not make at all.