Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Linux

Hey is ther any sort of guide for linux? I have Suse 9.1 on the other side of my computer and it's just sitting there because I cannot configure the computer to use the internet, plus i always have very hard times installing things, and I also need to know how to enable 3d acceleration for games :P.

Links to sites, info is well welcome.. And if you dont like suse too bad because thats all ive got XD!

No, slackware is teh old :)

Ok, im kidding, its not bad :)

reboot: Check out linuxquestions.org, linux-forums.com, suse.com and google.

Also, depending on your video card (i.e. its nVidia) you should get the nVidia drivers from their website.

Finally, persevere!!!

Edited by Placid

Oh yeah, and if you end up having to use the oh so wonderfull Dri Drivers you can almost give up your hopes of Hardware acceleration forever :lol: I still don't have it working...then again I haven't tried too much...my slackware system is for learning and showing off my wonderfull desktop that beats all of yours! Ma ha ha ha.

Anyways, one day i'll go ahead and read all the Dri documentation and figure it out, but no one at linuxquestions.org could get it work either...lol...that almost means it's imposible..or everyone is lazy like me and reading more important books than how the DRi drivrs work so they can play games...

or everyone is lazy like me and reading more important books than how the DRi drivrs work so they can play games...

For 3D acceleration (games) with DRI drivers, you need a card that's NOT nVidia. DRI does NOT have 3D accel for nVidia cards.

Radeons up to 9250 and Matrox up to G550 should be supported as far as I know. Personally I'm running a Radeon 9250 with full 3D accell on DRI drivers, without any of the instability issues associated with ATI or nVidia drivers.