Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

About the update

It would be cool, if those who tried that package posted on Programming if it works or not for them.

Regards.

So far it looks like the update is working after I got rid of UTF8Toisolat1() (replaced it with iconv()). Some people might have to update their video drivers however, but it is not normally going to be a problem.

teh banned 0n3na's test version is designed to work on the main server, while Entropy/Mihaim's version is made to work on the test server. It's up to you how you wish to spend your time ;-)

Yes, it is for normal server, because I wanted more people to test it and test server had character creation turned off.

Regards.

It means that config file for EL - el.ini is not in EL directory, perhaps you've removed it by mistake.

Regards.

Test version is already relased, Wytter and me prepared it. It is posted on Programming forum, if you'd

like to give it a try: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11362

Regards.

: FLAME :

teh banned 0n3na , what is the connection between the thread and the text client?

We were trying to get some feedback from users for the official client. I understand your inability to stay the smeg out of the domains you don't belong and i'm sorry for you ... But TRY TO STAY ONTOPIC and NOT CONFUSE users.

: /FLAME :

A lot of people are asking, and I decided to post about it, so there will be some official news, rather than myths and speculations.

The update IS ready. Both the client and server are ready for it. Now, the problem is, on some computers, especially those running Win98 but possibly some WinXP as well, the client crashes. We are trying to investigate this problem, bit it is hard since none of the developers has win98.

Soon we will have a test update, to test and see if anyone has problems with it. I will post the links and details when it's ready. Until then, have fun :)

I use WinXP and I found that I was able to get it to run by

Right click on el.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> [Run this program in compatibility mode for] "Windows 98 / Windows Me"

Worked for me as a temporary fix. O.o Others might need other compatibilities, but I don't know on it. Hope that helps somehow lol.

^EDIT to Wytter: elc-1.0.1-2.

Edited by Daxon

mmm, some people have noticed that effect. Actually it is not intended and does not happen on all systems - we still don't know why it happens on some systems, but we're guessing that it's the graphic drivers or SDL version that's causing the strange colour tones...

Haha! I thought it was the torch/light flickering and changing the light as you move by (walk by em without stopping and you'll see what I mean :))

Yep, others have seen that as well - it just doesn't happen here

Well thats no good i finaly got the test server and downloaded it and extracted it to my programe files of Eternal-lands... after making a copy of that file. After i extracted it and changed the port and that i went onto the game but when i clicked on el the game wouldn't come up you would get a glimpes of the window but then it's gone what the heck is wrong! :)

Its been working perfectly for me since it was first released until i tried to go to Taharaji Desert. I got an Elc.exe has caused an error in ELC.exe error when I clicked the signpost. I tried to log back in and got the same error again. I cecked error_log.txt and I got this:

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

Error: ./maps/map15f.elm is an invalid map!

Error: A bag was located OUTSIDE the map!

I have Win ME and I do have a map15f in my maps folder, but I do not have those 3 particle files.

Leeloo this is what it says in my Error Log....

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/armoire2.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/armoire2.e3d

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/stool2.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/stool2.e3d

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/rug5.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/rug5.e3d

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/counter1.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/counter1.e3d

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/bed5.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/bed5.e3d

Error: Can't open .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/armoire1.e3d

Error: Something nasty happened while trying to process: .e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/armoire1.e3d

Error: Fatal: Couldn't read e3dlist.txt

What the heck should i do? :rolleyes: Some of thems from the map editor the things wouldn't come up it was just boxes..

Edited by MoJo

.e/My Documents/Eternal Lands/3dobjects/interiors/stool2.e3d

WTF? What folder did you save to?

Dude like i said that was only my Map Editing i was on it and i was making a map and none of the items i put down came up it was just little boxes with red writting on them... and that was in my updated file so that could be anoter bug i found :)

Edited by MoJo