Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

About the update

Guest DrOuija

Reposting the steps that worked for me as to help with the confusion.

1. Copy the entire EL folder somewhere else. Copy, not MOVE.

2. Download http://el.tfm.ro/private/elc-1.0.1-3-update.zip

3. Unzip it in the new folder where you put the el folder.

4. Download http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_test.zip.

5. Unzip it in the new folder where you put the el folder and overwrite files when prompted.

4. edit el.ini and change the port to 2001

5. Start el.exe

Ent,

With the new EL_Test files it works as long as you transfer over the old SDL.dll file from the original copy of the EL folder.

NeoSeS

To Clarify... the EL.exe file works, the ELC.exe file still isn't a valid window application

Edited by Wolf_Lord

To be exact it says

"The application or DLL C:\EL\inconv.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

Use the iconv.dll from el_test.zip from the link i provided.

I would like to report a ton of errors about the new thing

1. the fighting is COMPLETELY screwed (i hit rabbits for 525 damage) and my health bar goes across the screen

2. you cant get out of IP

3. tarsengaard isn't made (not problem but disappointment

Okay first glich... tiny one but thought I'd mention it.

p6464900.jpg

The building is catching on fire :D just thought I'd mention it.

Now first question. How do I double click on something, so I can eat? I'm right clicking and it's just going through all the diffrent hand icons...

Okay figured it out, you have to filter through till you get on the interact icon thing the one that looks like a pointing finger.

NeoSeS

Edited by Wolf_Lord

the mouse now cycle the available commands of the item its hovering, just rightclick until you get a hand and then left click. if this is done in inventory or over the quick bar it will rember that so the next time the mouse enters one of those areas it will be back at that function...

ones you get used to it i think you will find it better then before :D

Okay, I tried to log in as goatsgomoo, it said I don't exist, so I tried to make another character named goatsgomoo, it said I already exist, so I tried to log in again, and it said that I don't exist... :D

EDIT: Tried it with other names, same exact thing... But I really like the rules that are right there at the beginning... It'll make our job a little easier. ^_^

Edited by goatsgomoo

hey ent you think thet el might ever be compatible with an old comp running windows 95? :D

hey ent you think thet el might ever be compatible with an old comp running windows 95? :D

With old computers no, you need a decent video card for EL.

hey ggm what race are you trying to use? My friend tried to select a p2p race and it did the same thing; try human, dwarf, or elf.

so if i had a good graphics card it would still be compatible with windows 95?

edit: err video card or are they the same thing?

Edited by dragburn

when i start it up after the rules I see all these big white letters and symbols across the screen, as well as the name: Password: thing just tiny letters and symbols. infact, all of the buttons are letters and symbols. the reason i couldn't play was because of error when i try to create new char/log on.

when i start it up after the rules I see all these big white letters and symbols across the screen, as well as the name: Password: thing just tiny letters and symbols. infact, all of the buttons are letters and symbols. the reason i couldn't play was because of error when i try to create new char/log on.

You unziped in the wrong place.

p6465781.jpg

I literaly stumbled upon this little glitch here. You have to try it to see what I mean. Walk as if your trying to go through the sign, you will blink out for a moment and reapear on the other side. Theres just a little blip there. Figured I'd let you know. You have to try to go through the sign, can go on either side of it

NeoSeS