Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

As Long as Eternity

Nardo steadied himself up with the aid of his staff and when back on his feet returned the formal greeting with the same courtesy and a warm smile. Tumaros with an even paler Monore at his side, Geelef and his white tigerwolf Cath, Jormaine and Lachesis, all came closer around him.

“Thank you for your aid, Straer, warrior of Glydoc…†Nardo spoke. He took a good look at the rugged human before he continued. “…we held camp here last night by the hospitality of this local elf here…†a quick appreciative nod was given to Lachesis, “…when sudden this morning out of nowhere this place was suddenly crawling with Mortos creatures…â€

“Well you lot certainly know how to handle them†chuckled Staer, taking another glance at the still smoking battlefield around him. “I am glad I met you all, also I have travelled for days for my homeland is suffering the same invasions. I went to Nordcarn but the walls of the city have already tumbled, it’s army and inhabitants have fled or have been killed, and in search of answers and aid I am now on my way to…â€

“One second...†shouted Geelef pointing at Straer’s bag…â€something is moving inside it…†With a swift jerk he tossed his bag from his belt onto the floor, the flap opened and a small winged creature tumbled out with a screech.

Lachesis chuckled. "Gesundheit! And what nice little creature is you? I hope you get healthy again soon, otherwise your cough might burn the new house down again that these nice guys here are going to build. Gosh!", she smiled to the mentioned, "you guys were even more thorough in destruction than all orcs that ever took a step on this ground together." Picking something dark and smelly off the ground, Lachesis adds "Well, at least we don't need to hunt anymore."

While she was walking off to the poor remains of the Grand Dragon Council's home, the few men shared a puzzled look at the charred rabbit cadaver plumping right next to their feet for a split second.

With an eyebrow raised, straer watched as she wondered off toward the home. He glanced at the batty creature as it burrowed as well. Then he surveyed the scene once again. Tendrils of smoke lifted from the gound in various places, the smell of burnt flesh started wafting. Soon the carrion feeders would arrive.

He started off after Lachesis, interested as to where she was headed. "My lady," He called after her. "We are to build a new dwelling for you? Might we not hire someone to do it? I'm sure our adventuring spirits are required elsewhere..."

"Pah! You humanoids and your stupid ideals. Alright, let me explain something to you. The simple task of rebuilding her home is equally important tote flow of life as your sily adventures! Minions of darkness can be crushed later, she needs a house! Go and bloody well build her one!"

Seeing the surprised looks on their faces, he decided it was best to get them moving. He coughed up a whopping fireball and set it off like a fireworks rocket.

"Move people! Move!"

Eek! Lachesis screeched, but miraculously she did not smell her burning hair; instead she heard the clangor of the frozen flame breaking into pieces on the stony floor. Blush colors her face, and she hopes that Straer would hold his animal friend for this little incident. When she started to clear a small area of the wooden floor from scattered boulder, she tried to look as inconspicuous as possible. But regardless of how much effort she put into it, Straer did not pause to watch her intently for one single blink of an eye. Until -- and that clearly shows how nervous all the couple still was -- the sound of a wooden branch breaking under an animal's feet led their full attention to the grove. A sword noisily left its sheath.

"Ha ha! Timid humanoids! You are afraid of a crow." Scorcher laughed. "Put your sword back where it belongs, and let a bird have its breakfast, brave warrior."

Straer turned round back and furrowed his brow: hadn't he seen that small nettler disappear in Lachesis knapsack? But no trace was left of both the elf and her equipment.

((Scorcher is a bat))

Scorcher flew into the forest to hunt down some prey. He dropped softly to the ground when he saw a campfire and hid to hear what the people here were talking about. They were oddly dressed, in robes or shiny metal. As scorcher listened, he could hear this second adventuring party talking about their recent aquisitions. He fell at the throat of one and spat a tendril of flame into her. He sucked out a few gulps of blood, then flew back to the nice people he just met. Well, nice if silly.

Straer took quickly a few steps nearer the place where Lachesis had just been standing before she had disappeared. “Hmm, no trapdoor or anything…†He heard the others getting near him. “She probably used a teleport spell or magical travelling ring,†said Geelef while sniffing the air. Tumaros stepped closer supporting his sister with one arm “Lachesis was right, you know†coughed Monore softly. “Please brother, do what you can…†With difficulty she removed the medallion from her cloak and placed it in his fist. Tumaros grunted, then kissed her forehead. “How can I resist your wishes…†He then looked at his old friends and just smiled because he noticed that they already knew what to do. “Excuse me Straer, this wont take long, please keep an eye on my sisterâ€

They walked back to the place where they had been standing when casting the spell. Nardo rummaged in his bag for a few seconds to retrieve a vial with a clear liquid, uncapped it and carefully let a single drop fall to the ground. Monore’s medallion was carefully placed on top. Then they all unsheathed their weapons and pointed their blades to the same spot. Tumaros held Ta’tir firmly in his hands, the amber blade and jewel on the handle glowing and trembling softly, the aura around Geelef’s longsword reflected the sunlight with intense spectral colours changing the metal every second, bursts of electrical energy running along the tip, Jormane’s blade started to glow more as if the blade was made of the purest lava, small flames licking from its two edges, Nardo clutched his travelling staff with both hands and closed his eyes concentrating on his inner power until small ice crystals appeared on his fists, spreading its chill through the wood. “Ready?†Tumaros spoke with his inner voice “lets do it...†With a nod they concentrated on their task.

Suddenly the familiar metal taste appeared in their mouths while chanting the ancient words, their weapons glowing and pulsing more intense with every line spoken, shooting bursts of their magic energy to the medallion until a small sphere appeared around it. The energy ball grew and grew until it suddenly exploded with a large flash of intense light shooting an orb upwards to the sky only to return with double speed digging back into the earth’s core, knocking them all of their feet upon impact.

The earth trembled softly below them. It took them a few seconds to regain posture and vision back, but when they did the effect of the casting was already noticeable. Ripple upon ripple from the place of impact the place around them recuperated, the charred bodies and bones scattered across disintegrated within seconds, absorbed by the soil only to be replaced by fast growing grasses and shrubberies. By the time they had sheathed their weapons the place looked like it had always done before they arrived.

“I believe the temple of Mortos is close by, we could reach it before nightfall.†spoke Straer while helping up Monore up from the stone she was resting on when the group returned to him. A soft thank you all was mumbled with a faint smile when the undamaged jewel was returned to her. “Hmm, it is risky for what Matrixx might have in store there for us, but we might get some clues in there indeed†agreed Nardo. Tumaros looked again at his sister “Are you up to it?â€

(Geelef u better post soon…)

As the group of travelers approached the temple Ogle watched them from his place just inside. He overheard them talking…

Tumaros: Why are the temple doors scorched like that?

Geelef: it looks as if someone has been here before us…

Ogle watched them; suddenly he noticed that one of the elves looked familiar. He looked closed….yes it was him, Tumaros. He ran out from his hiding place and called out to the company, “Tum, remember me?†Tumaros looked closely at this stranger then something clicked… AIRA!!!! NO WAY!!

I dont want to sound rude , nor do I want to discourage people from role playing but if you are please be serious about it (im not saying you arnt but some of your posts are Extremely short or possible out of story at times) and i know I havent posted in a while (waiting for the right moment lol) but anyway happy r.p.ing

((oh and dont you think you guys should check out aluwen she seems to be erm... drained at the moment ^^))

Edited by Matrixx_sh

Posting this a little too late, sorry.

Edit: And I'm sorry for my short posts, I'm an absolute newbie. I'm trying to improve, but actually though I know I should write bigger parts oft the plot I like adding only smaller parts of the story, so that it's more interactive.

Lachesis looked in two huge eyes staring right through her. As she realized who they belonged to, her heart paused for a second. It looked as if in slow-motion when the female orc took another step towards her, now being two feet apart only. Then, suddenly, as if something more important had come into her mind the orc turned and walked on in opposite direction. The elf took a deep breath. What had happened? She touched her back. Good luck she had given her savings for a monster magnetism cape the week before. But where was she? You have hit a teleport nexus, she heard a voice in her head. The place she was in looked like a temple or monastery. It was in a pitiable condition, the arches of the column-lined collonnades on all four sides were partly collapsed, the whole room filled with dust, grime and an awful smell that could not originate from a past firestorm only. The whole site was about 15 yards wide and 20 yards long, its center probably once has been made up of a garden or something similar, which now consisted of burned earth charred wood only. The wall left to her featured a large two-winged portal. It was the only thing that looked new and intact in there. Unfortunately, it seemed to be locked, and no other entrance or exit was visible. But wait, where had the orc suddenly gone? She could not catch sight of her anymore. Could a grown-up orc hide in this small ruin? Sensing them, Lachesis walked along the walls. When she had crossed the room, she noticed that the wall opposite to the portal was not covered with soot, but charred remains of some ivy-like plant.The fire must have had moved so fast that it had not had the time to burn the plant completely. She touched the black thin-like-paper leaves -- and they trickled down to the ground, opening the passage to a secret room. An incredible stench overwhelmed the elf when she took a big step in.

Edited by Lachesis