Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

As Long as Eternity

A trickle of sweat appeared on Geelef forehead, anxiously looking for what ever was getting nearer and at the same time looking for clues for the reason of this dark and strange room. It was octagon shaped, the floor ceiling and walls were all made of the same metallic material which he had not seen before. The same was for the smell in the air, it was cold, stale and not really fit for breathing. Every wall had also several doorways leading into a corridors of which the end he could not see and from which now they all heard something getting nearer pretty fast.

Alerted they all prepared themselves as it has become their second nature and unsheathed their trusted weapons. Jormane suddenly had two long thin steel dark glowing blades in both hands, Geelef swung his trusted magical sword loosely in the air, leaving for a few seconds a trace of rainbow behind in its path, Tumaros clutched Ta’Tir firmly in his fist, a steady power pulsating from within and Nardo removed a small twig from his pouch which within seconds became his trusted staff at the same time mumbling a long lasting shield spell for them all, as the droning ticking sounds became nearer by the second, the sounds of many footsteps hitting the floor in a fast running stampede.

“Geeeeeezzz… “Geelef suddenly shouted and jumped up by reflex when he suddenly spotted the dark rolling moving carpet oozing out of every corridor. “S…s.s..spiders, big, big strange looking spiders, hundreds and hundreds of them, the size of apples.

Suddenly the floors and walls seemed to be alive, crawling with them all, covering every centimetre on room, even the ceiling. “They are not alive… I sense no life force†Jormane shouted with a painful look on his face, his cheeks wet from his watery eyes. “If only we could see†cursed Tumaros, rubbing his eyes with his sleeve. The circle around them became smaller and smaller, almost touching their boots.

(Happy Birthday Geelef! :D Sry I didn't say it sooner but this is the first time I've had a chance to go on in a long time. :) Tumaros hasn't gotten a chance to come on either. :o )

Forming a circle trying to keep the spiders at bay all were rapidly thnk what to do. All the sudden there was a voice in each of their heads it was Tumaros's "I have an idea and I need you guys to trust me. If you do form a triangle around me."

Instantly moving Nardo, Geelef, and Jormane were around Tumaros. The voice came again "Duck when I saw 'Now'". Gathering all his strength and will Tumaros summoned his pscionic powers. "Now!" Tumaros shouted and with a great wave of rippling power all the spiders were no more.

Returning to their feet Jormane, Nardo, and Geelef just looked around in utter and speechless amazement.

“Don’t look at me guys, I won’t be able to do this every time†chuckled Tumaros, clutching his chest â€I fail more times with this stuff then that it is successful and it drains the heck out of me, but...pfew.†A large smile appeared on his face. The others smiled back, Geelef also wondering where in the world these spiders had been sent to.

Nardo meanwhile removed one of the critters which he had crushed blindly under his boot and held it up to his face by a leg. At first he could not believe his blurry eyes. “By the House of Lala, guys these things were made of m.. me…metal...†he muttered. With a shock on his face he dropped it when a electrical current suddenly wriggled all over the body and the lifeless spider suddenly wriggled. A few seconds later, with a quick stamp of his staff he made sure it did no more.

His thoughts did not seemed to reach his fellow travellers though for at the same moment all their attention was drawn to a hissing and buzzing sounds making all their heads turn to its directions. From several places gas was pumped into the room, improving their breathing and eyesight. From the centre of the room a large flashing and buzzing bright dark blue beam of light appeared in which a shimmering figure smiled at them.

The picture improved by the second revealing a extremely beautiful female. A race they had not seen before, for it was almost a mixture of all, some parts where out of proportions, but she was tall, slim figured and her thinly short dress revealing legs and a body to die for. “Fear not, and congratulations, for not many have been able to reach us and get past our protective defences†a sweet sounding voice suddenly entered their minds. “You are in the temples of Elandria, protector of the alchemists†the figure spoke again, her lips not moving “I am Fortean, or at least merely a projection of me, and forgive me, but we had to test that you were the true ones..â€

A painful look appeared for a few seconds on her face “The dark forces are gathering strength, the news has reached us also here and we need your help. Even though still hidden and well protected our realms and the ones beyond could be in terrible dangerâ€

“Please accept this…†A strange sensation suddenly entered their bodies. “It is a skin toughening spell made from enhanced essences, with these you might have a better chanceâ€

“And now you must hurry for also a close one of you all is in grave danger…†The light intensified. “Tumaros, please come closer and touch this beam…†Without a word he stepped closer and touched it. The picture blurred for a second and another picture appeared. It was a birds eye view zooming in fast on a struggling couple, a woman being dragged against her will across a ruined temple by a familiar looking elf. “Its…Morone !! shouted Tumaros. “I knew it..â€

“Step all in the beam and you’ll be there†the whispering voice reappeared†Without a second hesitation Tumaros shouted back to his friends to hurry and was already half way in.

Edited by Nardo Lala

(Thanks Jormane :) )

While Tumaros stepped through the beam, Nardo and Jormane followed. Geelef on the other hand was reluctant to touch the blue flashes of light.

Nardo raised his eyebrows and asked: "Aren't you coming?"

The Elf answered: "Well... I'd love to, it's just... we've left Cath near Tree Town, remember? I'd like to go get her before I do anything else."

Nardo nodded. "I can understand..."

He knew about the strange but close friendship between his friend and the highly intelligent tiger Catherina.

Geelef added, a bit guilty: "Hey, I know you guys can handle this. Tumaros is an amazing fighter, just as Jormane, and your magical talents can't be outnumbered either."

"You maybe right," Nardo replied, "tough we'll still miss your skills. Just head for Mynadar after you've found Cath, we'll wait for you over there."

Geelef nodded, grateful for Nardo's understanding.

"See you soon."

Nardo then turned to Jormane, and the both of them jumped into the beam.

With a sigh Geelef turned away from the sight of his friends getting ready for battle. He asked Fortean: "Say, can you send me back to Cath please?"

Fortean answered: "Indeed we can. Just touch the beam and leap in it afterwards."

Geelef nodded. He stretched out his hand, giving the beam a faint green glow, then he leapt in. A strange hot sensation ran through his body, then he was on the other side of what seemed to be the portal, standing right in front of a snow-white tiger, in the midst of Tirnwood Forests.

"Well Cath, we've gotta run, maybe the fight's still going on when we get there."

Cath growled, looking forward to a good sprint. Then Geelef turned around, speeding towards the coast, his green pants showing under his swaying cloak.

Cath ran alongside of him, two friends heading for adventure again.

Nardo and Jormane also felt the hot sensation, and when they landed on the other side, the saw Morone lying on the ground, her hands clutched against her troath. Tumaros was fighting Matrixx, Ta'Tir in his hands, ferociously fighting back the possesed Elf.

"Go and help Tumaros!" Nardo said to Jormane. "I'll try to help Morone!"

Jormane nodded, pulled out his sword and shot to Tumaros's aid.

Nardo ran towards Morone, kneeling next to her.

"Hey Morone! Let me take a look at that..."

Morone's fearful eyes looked up to Nardo, and slowly she let go of her troat.

While Nardo swiftly took a skilled look at Morone's injury, he pulled a few potions out of his bag, starting to mix them, chanting a low-voiced song, which seemed to drive away the noise of the others fighting. "Only a few seconds Morone, and you'll feel just as good as ever."

While fighting with Tumaros, Jormane jumped into the battle Matrixx not wanting to risk being stopped decided he would retreat to gather more strenght. So as he was fighting he suddenly summoned up some power and yelled, "ENOUGH!!"

With that Tumaros and Jormane were flung backwards on the ground along with Nardo and Monore. Then using the power of his voice had them all relaxed and not able to move.

"You may have saved HER this time, but I won't let you stop with my plan! THIS isn't over between us!", he yelled, "You see that dark cloud toward Tarsengaard?...That is death itself riding on the swift wings of the wind. Marching below it is one of my legions of warriors."

"If you wish for a new challenge I think you should head to your precious Aluwen's Temple. There you shall find her almost depleted of her energy.",he stated.

He walked over to where Monore lay. "You have been saved .... for now." and with that he leaned down and kissed her upon the cheek, and she let out a yell because the lips of Matrixx burned her flesh. She carried the scar of those lips for many many years afterwards.

Seeing Monore being in pain Tumaros lept up feeling the spell fading and coming beside Matrixx and her he raised up Ta'Tir and let its blade cut through the flesh of Matrixx....

....BUT Matrixx was unharmed for right before the blade passed through the skin he allowed its path to become the shadow so the sword passed through nothing but shadow.

"AHAHA!!!!!! See Treesoar I have more tricks than you know." , he mocked.

As he said that darkness closed about them and he started to rise into the air, "I shall tell you as I told Monore ... I am NOT possessed by Mortos. I have been consumed by him and been given powers that he has then he left me and I act upon my own accord with him at times giving me instructions."

"FAREWELL ....for now!",he bid them.

With those words his shape became dark and shadowy. Five figures of Matrixx passed in five differnt directions so as the group wouldnt know which he went. But in truth he decended to the depths of the ruined temple of Mortos to the dark hidden caverns beneath.......

Edited by Matrixx_sh

As Eldwen was just about to completely drain Alluwen of every last bit of her power, a sudden dark energy surged through him. Using his new power he stole from Alluwen he had a vision of Matrixx fighting with Tum and the rest. Then he saw Matrixx as he admitted to being Mortos's next in line friend. Seeing his chance to find a way to Mortos, Eldwen released Alluwen from his death syphine.

"Alluwen you have very little energry left so I might as well let you go so you can recharge and I can suck some more later."

With that Eldwen banish Alluwen to the dark plain so that he could use her later and in her weak state she had no way to defend from it.

Eldwen not wanted anyone to know how he was anymore, transformed himself into a white rabbit and he hopped on his way to Valley of the dwarves.

On his way he came to some noobs, which he swiftly killed(they went to complain about a bug that fluffies where in DP). Now with his new target found Eldwen heads to find Matrixx.

All right, guys, I know it's been a while since any action has happened, but could you please stop branching off and at least try to work on the same storyline...if possible? It's getting really hard and confusing to read and add now...thus why I havent posted in some time...

I mean, nothing against anyone...all of you are exceptional roleplayers...but...

And Eldwen..."On his way he came to some noobs, which he swiftly killed(they went to complain about a bug that fluffies where in DP)."

e_e

Oh yeah, and it's Monore, not moron =P

((sorry Tuma about the Monore thing I think i went from the first time i saw it lol in Nardo's post ebul nardo XD but that may have not been first time i saw but i hope im not going to far off story line ill try not to if i am ><))

apologies Tumaros for that typo, hope she wont mind :P glad ur back

(Woops, sorry Tum, I also switched the R and the N... Heh... o.o

Now, if you people don't mind, I'm gonna do as Tumaros told us (and which is very true), let's get back together again :P )

Only a few minutes after Matrixx had fled from his losing battle, Cath and Geelef entered Mynadar, to find Monore and Tumaros sitting next to eachother, holding hands, both of them happy that the other was still alive.

Nardo was keeping a small fire going, while Jormane was nowhere in sight.

"Hey guys! What did we miss?"

Nardo, Tumaros and Monore looked around at the sound of his familiar voice.

"As always, just a little battle," Tumaros smiled.

"Yeah, and the fact that Matrixx seems to be evil itself," added Monore, her hand moving towards her neck, as if she could still feel Matrixx's grasp around it.

Geelef raised an eyebrow, while he also sat down.

"I thought he was possessed by Mortos?"

"Well, it seems he is not." Nardo replied. "He kinda stated he had been consumed by Mortos, and that he's been acting on his own accord all along."

Geelef let the air escape from his lungs.

"My god... What do we do about him?"

"We haven't got a clue where he is right now, so I'd say we'd better be heading for the horizon. Keep moving so he won't get in our way." Tumaros said.

"But tonight we'll just stay here, we gotta get some rest."

Geelef nodded. "Good plan."

He looked around him again. "Hey, where's Jormane anyway?"

"Hunting." Nardo said. "He was hungry."

"Well, I think I'm just gonna get some sleep. Not hungry at all... Long run and stuff..." Geelef said, yawning. Then he stretched, lay down and fell asleep very quickly.

Cath moved towards him, snuffed his face for a bit, and then put herself over his feet, one eye closed, the other one half opened, ready to wake her good friend at the smallest sign of trouble.

But after a few minutes, ther tiger also fell asleep, leaving the three other Elves waiting for Jormane and the fresh meat he'd bring along.

Exhausted by the excitements of the day, deeply lost in the world of dreams none of the friends heard the door closing with a snap. Lachesis raised her eyebrow when she found the fireplace lit and the small crowd camping around it. How long has it been since she had seen the last person up here in Mountain Grove? Would those foreigners be friendly?

Hope the best, bargain for the worst, Lachesis thought, tieing a rusty old iron sword to her waist and changing her plans for night meal. She quietly throws some wood branches onto the campfire and decides to hunt and roast a boar for the hungry wayfarers. Hours pass in deep black silence. In the beginning of dawn, Lachesis can be seen sitting again, besides her a broiling boar and five sleeping creatures.

Jormanes dark voice abruptly interrupts the young elve's thoughts.

Edited by Lachesis

Awoken with the sound of crackling fire and the smell of a roasted boar Jormane was the first one to wake up, slightly surprised to see suddenly a young female elf among their midst. “Good morning!†she said with a whisper, taking the suckling gpig from the fire and started to carve it. “Wake the others, breakfast is served†she chuckled. Her long hair flowed in abundance over her shoulders while smiling at the human. Trying to make as little noise as possible she rummaged through the cupboards to find some bread and undamaged earthenware and placed also it on a rickety table.

Lachesis was pleased, it had been so long since there were real guests in her home. Although she wished she would have repaired that front door, the last time she had difficulty with chasing out that looting female Orc when she returned. The house was a mess after and most of her furniture and stuff broken.

Minutes later they were all awake and they introduced themselves to their host. Each in their own way. Nardo apologised for them entering her home, he never thought anybody was still living here after…

Lachesis just smiled. “I have been expecting you all, but eat first, we’ll talk later†She walked to the door, took her cloak from a hook next to it and wrapped it around her. “I have to go for a little while but will be back before noon. Please enjoy the food and safety of my home … and if you fancy a wash…there is a spring at the back of the house, or… what’s left of it. â€

A few hours later with full stomachs and the cookingfire just a soft glowing heap of ashes, after a wash and cleaning their weapons, they discussed their last happenings, strategies, visions and ideas, their pros and cons and possible chances. “Matrixx is indeed more a trickier and powerful fiend then expected. What was the best way to go? Rescue the city of Tarsengaard before the deadly poisonous cloud and evenly strong army marching underneath would reach their walls? Was Monore really herself or was her strange behaviour just because of the shock? Follow the steps of Matrixx before he could do any more damage to the realms and would they be strong enough already? Rescue the priestess of Aluwen from Eldwens claws, holder of the key? “ So many questions. Nardo and the others had difficulty to keep their minds clear.

Suddenly the door swung open again and a flush faced Lachesis stepped quickly inside, dropping a heavy bag and spinning on her heels, slamming the door shut firmly behind her. For a second she leaned herself on the door getting her breath back, then turned and gazed through a crack in the wood outside. “ Too many of them…too many…she spoke in grasps…we must barricade the door quickly…â€

[Ack! Sorry to spoil the roleplay, but wasnt this finished? It's been added to EL.net as an archived Roleplay!!! Someone explain if im missing the point behind roleplaying :P]

uhh Placid did u feel that the story wrapped up?

'cause i didn't but i hope Nardo and Tumaros and company get back on this thing...

Do any of u play the actual EL game and want to start a Roleplaying group?

Heh, np; just thought it was finished. Just let me know when it IS finished and i'll rearchive it, and lock this thread.

(hey guys i'm back. just been really busy with school and everything i was failing 2 out of 4 classes. :( I don't think i am anymore.)

Roughly barricading the door with the torn and broken furniture. Nardo turned to Lachesis, "WHAT COMES!?!" he exclaimed.

"Hundreds of monsters, at least 400 orcs, goblins, and trolls. Aluwen onlys knows what else is out there!"

The company fell silent in such a poor position the chances of repeling an attack would be slim to none. "We surely can't hold them in here." Nardo said.

"We must go meet the attack." said Jormane. "Who's with me?"

"I can't miss the fun!" Tumaros shouted. "I'm in!" And in unison all else joined.

Moving quickly to the back of the house they escaped throught the back door. All took quick note of how many monsters there were. There was closer to 500 than 400. "When the monsters reach us guard me for I have a little surprise for them but it requires all me concentration." Geelef said with a sly grin. All immediately made a circle around him. Geelef began chanting arcane words.

The monsters came orc, goblin, and ogres felling to the might of the companions and a stiff defense maintained until... A large orc well over seven feet tall came crashing through the fray easily knocking aside Monore and charged directly for Geelef.

With uncanny reflexes Tumaros spun launching an arrow the found it's mark right in the neck of the giant orc.

As Geelef drew close to finishing his spell the sky darkened and thunder could be heard rolling in. With a final word of power the spell was complete and Lightning bolts seared the dark sky. All around the adventurers were screams and moans as over 200 monsters were slain by the fierce lightning.

Within minutes the entire force was halfed and serperated. The adventurers after recovering from the awe of the spell took advantage of the unorganized and confused monsters slaying a hundred in a couple minutes.

Jormane was distracted fighting two fows at once when an orc bowmen fired an arrow striking Jormane in the leg. Pain seared through Jormane but more than the pain was the rage. His two-handed sword that usually a redish fire flared an angry blue. Jormanes body began to glow of the same fire as his eyes did too. The sky seemed to be set ablaze and with a swing of his sword a wall of the intense blue fire raced towards the remaining monsters desintegrating any monster it touched. And as fast as it started it was all over....

I would like to get rid of the characters that have noone that actually plays them anymore. Who's still active in this thread: so far I see Geeleef, Nardo and Jormane.

Hmm normally i refrain from off topic posts in this thread... but here are some quick answers: B)

Placid: Thank you for posting the first page on EL-net, and hence the title of this story ( as well as our former adventures in "How Much Longer" ) i hope this thread and its stories will go on for many more moons to come. :) The plot at the moment is only thickening...

Ogle: :P yes i do also ingame

Lachesis: I cant speak for the others but please no deleting or writing of characters at the moment, I myself was cut off from internet for several weeks unable to post, the same is happening at the moment for Tumaros as far as i know. One original character ( Aira ) is still missing from this story from the beginning ( and only Aluwen knows if he will reapear one day ( either by himself or by us. )) Due to several reasons i am not able to post every day, this is after all not a race, but will try twice a week.

Quinticius: hell no :P just read the very beginning of this thread. if you have questions just send me a pm.

...now back to the story...

Last off topic, I promise :P : Once this has finished, please specifiy in the last post of the thread, i.e. Post: This roleplay has finished. I will then lock the thread and archive it (or get SKA too B)) on EL.net. For the moment, i'll remove it from its place on EL.net when I can.

Thanks guys.

At some distance away Straer had been awed and instantly interested in the blaze of fire that had lit up the sky. As he neared the site of the fire works and began to see the destruction, he wondered if he shouldn't reconsider his decision to come investigate. Goblin and orc bodies lay, burned and dismembered, strewn about, thrown from the site by the blast.

As he came within eyesight of the origin of what triggered the immense release of energy he discovered five people standing in the center of a circle of destruction. The ground for several paces beyond thier little circle was blackened with ashes of their late opponents. Everything withing thirty paces of the group had been demolished. The only remenants of the nearby house was a rudimentary foundation. Straer was thunderstruck with the amount of power that had been unleashed.

He decided to approach the group and see if they required any aid. His tall human form seemed to glide under his shadowy cloak. He pull back the hood, so as not to alarm them, revealing a face weathered by years of harsh travel. His short cropped hair stone in the moon/sunlight, and dark grey eyes that could peirce the soul.

"Are you in need of aide?" He questioned cautiously.

(was gonna write myself in as an orc but...i don't wanna die :D )

Ogle, a hermit, felt the ground shaking as he walked to his house in the Valley of the Dwarves. He thought that one of the gods must be angry (again). Suddenly as he was about to walk through the door of his house in the south of Mynadar burst open and the orcs and goblins and trolls and skeletons (etc.) walked out and started marching to the city of Mynadar. He hid in the bushes because the he was an old man. he started to gather his energy from everywhere. From the water, the air, the earth, and the sky. He was an elf. As the monsters walked by they thought they saw glowing red shapes in the bushes but they thought that was impossible. The monsters that ran out were numbered about 1,000 but by the time they were beginning to pass he was ready.

He jumped out of the bush with his eyes blazing and attacekd the monsters. He was only 300 years old and yet he could control all elements except a mix of fire and water. He attacked the monsters and killed about 500 of them with a few blasts.

(WOW random post ANd i incorporated Aira)

Edited by Ogle

(Not too sure about ^^^ this post, but i'll continue on)

Straer straightened after helping to fix a few minor injuries to a few of the adventurers. Jormain's being healed by one of the elves in the company. He took some time to once again appraise the site of the battle, or what was left of it. He replaced his field medical box at his belt, and helped an adventurer off the ground.

"It looks like you had quite a fight on your hands," He smiled reasuringly. He then chuckled, "Looks like you handled it pretty well too. Do you know why they attacked? Or were you merely finishing what you started?"

He bowed formally, "My name is Straer, Final Rank in the order of Glydoc." After his introduction he straightened and regarded the small troop, waiting for a response.

Edited by Quinticus