Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ENTROPY help me plx, winXP

ok, win XP pentium4 geforce 4 go video card wenever i start up the game i get the mouse pointer and then the "send error report" thing, i checked the error log and it had this:

Error: Problems loading texture: ./tiles/tile1.bmp

im just wondering if i was supposed to have a tiles folder in eternal lands directory, if thats the problem ill kick myself in the head just for u.

Yes, you are supposed to have that folder.

If you don't have it, there might be 2 causes:

1. You downloaded a corrupted file (something bad happened while transfering)

2. You unziped the zip file without keeping the path/folder info.

ok, i officially kick myself in the head <kicks self in head> OUCH!!! see what ive done to myself!! im gonna look like a nob head for the next week!! :P

it works all the way up to logging in, where it comes up again with the error report thing. i havent changed the browser info in the ini file, with xp would this cause the problem?

Ok, you sent me a PM saying you have a GF4. First of all, please go to www.nvidia.com and download and install the latest drivers. Then try again.

If the problem persists, go to: www.eternal-lands.com/el.exe and download it in your EL folder, replacing the old el.exe

Its still not working! could it be to do with Gf4 GO card? this is so madning!! i bet u a penny 2 a £1 its my buggered up windows XP home edition. i bet u its that. i really wanna play, my friends that told me about it started 2 days ago and allready they like the best in the entire game

If you have a laptop, go to the website of the company you got the Laptop from, and look for new video Drivers, since Nvidia doesn't support them...

And no, I don't have MSN

I still aint getting anywhere. im telling you its my screwed up winxp HE.

:D ivil damn bugrit. milenium hand and shrimp.....

if u got eny more ideas please tell me, allthough ur ideas with the drivers may have fixed problems i was having with other games, as i installed normal GF4 drivers.

the following games that i have played have had problems:

Medieval total war. (this might have been due to GF4 drivers on GF4 go)

Praetorians.(also GF4 Drivers may have solved)

Steam

and thats about it, everything else works fine.

I found the EL runs just fine under WinXP HE as long as you either have full/admin permission/usertype or you installed it in one of your personal directories. You do need to make sure tht any shortcuts you setup specify you run from the EL directory and you can write to el.cfg, el.ini, and all the log files (thats why limited users have problems).

Ok, as far as i know, all that you said is the case, but nothing is being recorded in the error log, its not read only, but nothin is in the error log. maybe that indicates something? also, mine is the only account on the computer, also, never has it told me im not allowed to do anything due to not being an administrator. im pretty sure its gotta be something else. maybe its just GF4 GOs that dont work with it?

If you can install another application in C:/Program Files/ and run it properly, administrator isn't a problem. If Windows is having problems, then the error_log.txt often won't have anything and the same applies if it can't write to error_log.txt (which can happen for limited users even it the log files are not write protected).

Did you extract using folders/directories or is everything in on folder? That looks like it was the problem for the first person that started this thread. But, that should cause an error messages in the error log.

firstly, i would like to clear up that i am the person that started this thread, its not all in one folder, and it probably is to do with my windows, would service pack1 cause troubles?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this