Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Bunny

Titanium

tit ore req a high harvest level big book and high nexus but its almost worthless no player buys it the only place you can sell it is wsc which you have to make many long trips too and they only pay 2.5gc which is only .2gc higher then gold

other black smiths or harvey should buy the tit or atlest rase the price it sells for

Perhaps you could make it into bars then sell the bars...(perhaps your not really high enough alchemy level wise, but you can store it until you can later).

You use titanium ores to make titanium bars, which are in turn used to make titanium weapons and armors, so they are not worthless.

And for selling, well the prices isn't that hig, but also remember that it weighs 1/3 of a gold ore - thus enabling you to carry more and make more money.

It is true that it takes 7 fe to make one bar, but regarding: 'not worth it' you make fe for 'free' so the profit is positive.

tit ore req a high harvest level big book and high nexus but its almost worthless no player buys it the only place you can sell it is wsc which you have to make many long trips too and they only pay 2.5gc which is only .2gc higher then gold

other black smiths or harvey should buy the tit or atlest rase the price it sells for

Could be, but gold is three times the weight of tit ore.

This means you can take three times the amount of tit ore compared to gold ore.

It is even more profitable in time to sell tit ore instead of making bars first that require the ess, coal and food (well, ok. you get exp for making the bars)

Well, since now for every tit item you need an EFE, titanium is pretty much worthless, but you get good XP form harvesting ang making bars.

Let's try removing the titanium mine and stop NPCs from selling titanium, just to see how worthless it is. How are your EFEs going to help you make serps without titanium?

I didn't say useless, i said worthless.

Since you need an EFE for every tit object (including tit long. Does tit short need it? i don't remember) the quantity of titanium ore/bars used in game is very low, and any manufacturer can harvest for himself, probably in 1 go, the ore needed.

I thought from the announcement that titanium short swords would need EFE but I tried it and they don't.

Ah the joys of a suggestion post... obviously the mood of this forum has changed a bit... as well as the mood of the posters.

Perhaps what he meant to say was: Economically, there are more titanium products than there is demand for those products, and now, with the new EFE requirement, it is even harder to make these products, but still no demand...

We the people of these lands eternal thank you for taking us from a surplus to an impending depression... what school did you go to???

Now that only a few people will be able to create titanium products (because of the EFE requirement) and considering the inefficiency of making them, new players will find it harder to get them... setting up a class system unnecissarily. The old players who have several titanium chains/swords and can get them from drops will of course make loads of money when these new players who have nothing and have been harvesting for ages to acquire them begin to need them.

And so, The old players will continue getting stronger while newer players continue to harvest flowers in an attempt to gain some armor and a simple sword :S

The answer to the delima however is to allow trik to buy all excess armor/weapons, remove them from monster drops, and then wait until the only way to get them is by manufacturing... leaving fighters dependant on manufacturers, and manufacturers dependant on new players... ironic. Or of course make Enriched Essencess easier to obtain...

2 cents.

Swiss...

Edited by Swiss

and makeing enriched essences easyer to get removes the very point of them...

the problem right now is that a harvester is a maker is a fighter, is the downside of the freedom to do any skill to any level. therefor a single person can do it all himself. and i dont see how letting trik buy all armors and weapons help as then makers have no reason to sell to fighters. they just sell to trik all day and night. been there, dont want to go back.

the removeal of weapons and armors from monster drops i support. maybe have the monsters drop weaponparts instead so that the fighters have something to trade back to the makers.

but to remove the true problem there must the a limit on the total skill level so that to be a high level maker you have to focus only on that, without being able to harvest or fight, or if you want to do all 3 then you have to accept that you cant make titanium weapon, harvest titanium ore or fighter higher strength monsters (as an example). basicly your either a jack of all trades but master of none or your a master of one thing.

Sorry, it was 1:31 am and my roommate was pissing me off, lots of incoherent rambling... :(

the monster drops is a valid point and both suggestions have been beaten to death like my pony :P.

Recommended Level:

another issue which seems to plague the very foundation of the game is the recommended level, meaning that over time, just by default you will succeed regardless of wether you should or not...

along those same lines, the fact that the recommended level is so very low for all things. Yes... it made perfect sense back then, when there was no titanium, and no leather armor. To make iron chains and iron swords at 20ish manufacturing, it made sense because you made leather gloves until 20 manu, and spent 10,550 gc doing so... (+/- 50 gc ;) ) then you went and harvested the iron, if and only if you were a high enough level, as well as the coal, and took those to Dan, paid for their being made into bars, and made an iron chain or sword. OR, you kept that 10,550 gc, continued harvesting blue lupines for 5 days straight and bought yourself a serpant sword... (then used it to kill wolves :) ).

Now that there are things to kill, above wolves, and armors to wear whilst killing them, the level should be increased, and required...

Accessable Enriched Essencess:

By more accessable, I mean to say they should be sold in shops, not that you get one for every 100 or so regular essencess. Check the price on it... should be around 5000 gc. Having trik buy all items would set a standard price, meaning players who don't have the luxury of a bot wouldn't have to compete against their prices... as it is, Trik pays half price, and again, with manu requirements, and Enriched Essencess sold in shops, it would still be around nill profit, but still better than stockpiling in their storage until people begin to realize that it's cheaper to get a new one and give away their old one than to continue trying to repair it... (assuming Tankel succeeds ;) ).

Skill Cap:

As for a skill cap, it reverts back to required level/recommended, as well as the low current requirements. If titanium mining had it's old given level (42) and gems were given their rough level requirements of 50ish, there probably wouldn't be so much stuff around to begin with. And to be able to gather those resources, you'd have to spend the time needed to get there, to make items with those resources (with adjusted levels), more time to get to that required level, and to use them, still more time (assuming armors had level requirements as well as the nexi as well, but we won't go there, people would freak :D). Meaning that it would still be doable (as several people already could, not even noticing the changes) but much less likely, and very difficult for a new player to get into... they would begin in a skill, and participate in the others as a more lesiure type activity...

2 cents.

E.S.

Edited by Swiss