Eternal Lands Official Forums
RuiDo

Moving Targets

What I would really like to see improved in this game is the mouse click in moving targets...

When you're fighting and you see a monster moving, it's really hard to click them on... and if your char's moving too, it becomes impossible :-s

I really don't know if this is a problem of the client or from the server (if it is from the server, I'm really sorry to post this msg in here...)

Another sugestion is (if possible) to slow down the monsters walking speed a little bit...

Thanks for your time

It's not that hard to get the monsters, I think having to work a little isn't so bad. There's no way we're going to make it easier..might as well have the monsters stand in one place so you can walk up to it and kill it :(

A way you could fix the clicking problem a bit is by removing the "You are too far away! Get closer!" message you get when you are to far away... I don't know why this is added anyway, same with harvesting.

If we remove that then people wo'nt know why you're not attacking/harvesting. Better to have a message there explaining it.

I was going to (or maybe I did on the old forums) propose a magic spell that would render nearby animals (and maybe monsters) immobile for a short time as an area of effect spell so you could then attack them or target them with targetted spells (or run away from them it it seems prudent).

not a bad idea for a spell realy, it can be used both for offence by buying time for the caster to fire of more spells at the target or defensive to help getting away from a powerfull and aggressive monster.

hmm, may i suggest a change to how the rings work? rather then have them as for use items, how about we make them wearable items that work automaticly when needed? say your wearing a ring of disengagement (or whatever its called) now if you try to run it will automaticly aid you and then burn out. this makes more sense then haveing its as it is now as its more like a potion then a ring.

as for triggering the teleport rings, you wear them and when you want to use them you bring up the continent map and click it. if you are wearing more then one of these rings the place you land is the one closest to where the mouse was clicked...

rings are supposed to be worn, not used like coins or potions...

heh, maybe we should change the teleport rings into teleport coins :(

then atleast the use ones concept makes more sense...

this allso allow us to make rings that have lasting effects while worn...

If we remove that then people wo'nt know why you're not attacking/harvesting. Better to have a message there explaining it.

Sorry, my post was unclear.

What i mean is te remove the whole "out of range" system so no mater how far you are from the target, you would automaticly walk to it and attack/harvest it.

This way you won't have to click 100 times while following the moving target.

Edited by raapnaap

That will probavly make fighting too easy and roja IS trying to stop it.

I think the whole ring system is a little convusing...ther is no continental map you can bring up, just the small territories that you ar in. using rings like potions in in no way bad. though i do like that paralyzation spell.

even though it is not directly in line with moving targets(heh, get it, "In Line" heh.)

maybe when ranged weapons are implemented that there would be a small chance to miss- maybe 9% or so. if the target is moving, it should greatly increase, say, 30%.

That will probavly make fighting too easy and roja IS trying to stop it.

I think the whole ring system is a little convusing...ther is no continental map you can bring up, just the small territories that you ar in. using rings like potions in in no way bad. though i do like that paralyzation spell.

even though it is not directly in line with moving targets(heh, get it, "In Line" heh.)

maybe when ranged weapons are implemented that there would be a small chance to miss- maybe 9% or so. if the target is moving, it should greatly increase, say, 30%.

There will be a continental map tho, so I think Duran's idea is worth looking in to.