Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SaintV

Story/quest Volunteer

Peace-

Hey, in game I read message that said storywriters are welcome to help the EL team. I hope I can contribute something, and story/quest writing is the easiest for me right now. Here's something I rushed together (I know I should spent more time on it) so you can get a rough idea of my style:

Tsearin Soul

Description of Surroundings: The remnants of a destroyed city and blasted apart trees stand as a reminder to an unknown but seemingly horrible event in the past. Bones are strewn over a ground in which no flowers grow. The further into the heart of the city one ventures, the darker the charred land blackens.

Near the center stands a middle aged man wearing some padded leather armour with a shovel and pick by his side.

If you choose to speak with him:

Dr. Golth: Why hello there, I’m Dr. Golth. This here is my research site, although my studies are not official. So you’re welcome to take a look around.

Options: -Field?- -Just passing through-

If you choose –Field?-

Dr. Goth: I’m one of the first in my field here, that is to say Human Sociology. As you can probably tell, this city has gone through an immense breakdown. At first it may seem due to a powerful storm, but in fact it had a lot to do with the excesses and ignorance of society. And when that society inflamed enough rage... this is what happened to it. For a long time the story has been shut away, but I’m here to uncover it.

Options: -The Story?- -Interesting (Leave)-

If you chose –The Story-

Dr. Golth: It’s one of great sorrow. As a young boy, Arrohn was separated from his parents during a mass ambush. Their wagons were a prime target for the bandits, for Arrohn had a noble family and as such the wagons meant there would be riches. The bandits managed to capture Arrohn and sold him to slavery, but not before showing him the slaughter of his family.

So Arrohn grew up amidst severe abuse in a region of poverty where this was to be expected. When he was first captured, he hoped that one day the nobles would come and save him, but that day never came. He managed to escape when he was in his late teens, but not after seeing his fellow slaves being tortured to death.

Physically and mentally marred, Arrohn set out to ignite his fury against humanity, or in his perspective, the lack of it. He had come across many others with the same pains, who directed his attention to the wealthy lands. They do nothing to help those who are suffering, he began to think. His fury surged even higher after learning of how these people spend their time… exploiting their bodies and minds. His heart was bent on making them suffer, suffer until the end of the world.

Soon though, other people and events came into his life that began to quell is anger. But he didn’t want to lose it; he had to hold onto it so that he could punish the wealthy lands and their insolent people.

To that means, he sought a way in which he could amplify and stabilize his fury. With the aid of his contacts he managed to discover a way… he forged a gem he called the Tsearin Soul. It was combination of his own rage crystallized by ancient magics and sciences. Its red glow pulsed intone with the anger flowing through Arrohn’s viens. He was soon ready to finally unleash it.

So Arrohn came here, the former city of Ballaron. It was one of the richest lands of its time, and closest for Arrohn to get to. Nobody in the city stopped him from reaching its center; nobody here knew what he was going to do to them. He braced himself and the gem, Tsearin Soul that was hung around his neck, radiated intensely and began to rise up above him. The people were at first in wonder, but as a feeling of their bodies being crushed from the insides shot through them, they obviously began to worry. With a final roar, Arrohn made their bodies ignite into flames. There they would burn and scream until the end of the world… (I hope that last sentence wasn't too far)

Yes… it’s a bit too long of a back story for a quest (and it’s not even done). The latter part of the quest will have you helping Dr. Gloth find stuff he keeps losing (giving you the coordinates of the general area in which the can be)… and when he trusts you enough, he reveals that he’s found fragments of the Tsearin Soul… and yeah its obvious he finds all the fragments and becomes possessed by the lingering soul of Arrohn… you get warped into a shadow realm to fight a Arrohn… you beat him and Dr. Golth is grateful and says that now he feels more towards teaching others about being good people and building a good society rather than his previous “soulless†interest in destroyed civilizations.

I need to shorten/refine this, but please give me feedback. -Peace out-

Hey we have a storyline section just for this so I moved it there :D Feel free to read through some of the posts on here to see what people are doing so far and write your own stories :P