Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
obionek

Fearless Monsters

Hi, i noticed that there will be more diferent monsters in the game (specialy p2p) and i got an idea, lest make some monsters fearless. That means make them able to attack any player (nomater his stats and mm perk).

I think that zombies would be ideal for this feature. For example make small map (like temple of mortos) and there would be spawn of thouse creatures. They wouldnt be very strong, i think that they should be a bit stronger that goblin/small garg. But they would attack every ting that moves :P and with multi-combat mape that could be very nice. Imagine yourself alone in dark cave looking for some emeralds and gold bags (that would randomly spawn at this location)

1. oh a zombie... i got mm perk it cant do me... pwnd

2. oh a zombie... i have a mm cape ... had

3. oh a zombie well i am 50/50 a/d it cant hurt me... pwnd by 4 zombies *multi-combat* ownz.

what do you think?

so maybe make them strong like ogres?

How would that help? It'd still be a nice place for afk fighting.

Sure, you'd more than likely die from multi-attack, but you'll get SOME xp I believe.

maybe make if die with zombie you don't gain exp but lose some because after all zombie got rivied himself back former glory. :D

I hate all of this AFK Talk all the time.

So, AFK fighting is a problem. The solution? Make all Monster's harmless!

What, AFK Harvesting a problem? The Solution? Make Harvetsing harder for Legal Players then you do for Macroers!

I personally think this is a Great idea! If you all are afraid of AFK Fighting then, instead of Critisizing Every suggestion based on whether or not it'll make a Flawed system even more broken, how about thinking about ways of making the system less Flawed to begin with.

Look, the problem you should be looking forwards solving is HOW a player fights and Gains experience, not If they gain Exp. If we keep redesigning this game again and again to be ever more Restrictive on just what a player can do just to curve the growth of a broken system, then sooner or later we aren't going to be able to walk out the door without sacrificing our Life and Limb!

In otherwords, Fix the Stupid Fighting System! Then we won't need to worry about AFKers.

if a zombie sux blood you cant go afk training :-)

why? what would that change?

besides zombies don't suck blood.

Maybe in el zombies suck blood?

I think this is terrific idea, just make them give very low xp like ggm suggested and make them not drop anything. This idea could spur some great rp moments and as rp'ers know, xp doesn't matter.

I mean you cant afk train if they sux blood O.o

yeah, you wrote exacly the same like two posts above, but I still dont know what would that change the afkf problem. Whats the diference between afk training on monsters that "sux blood" or thouse that cant suck out blood?

Maybe in el zombies suck blood?

Well i dont think its a good idea, in all of the fantasy world zombies are considered to be creatures that don't feed with blood (contrary to Vampires, Ghouls etc). Zombies do not have a bloodstream, they biological functions are stoped, and usualy they are "brainless" thats why they know no fear. But in some fantasy wolrlds (some of d&d and Pratchett) there are zomies that can think like normal people, the only diference is that they are dead :huh:. So blood sucking is in my opinion "non zomie style of life". They could do some posion dmge (like red snake does). Putrefying zombie bodies are full or bacteries and microbes so some wounds inflicted by zombies could poison/infect the ppl organism. The low XP for killing them is a good idea. There could be also six spawns of zombies at the same map, that way there would be lots of them and would make players go to that area in teams of 3-4 players and that would be nice for people who like RPG situations.

Edited by obionek

Personally, I hate All Undead. I think we have enough as of now with Skeletons.

BUT there is one Undead I would like to see added. A Lich!

A Lich is one of the most powerful undead. Not only can it use very powerful Death-based Magic but it can actually drain a Person of Life and Knowledge.

So, Instead of it giving low Exp, Have it can tempority drain a Player's Stats/Exp with each successful Hit.

One Idea I'd like to see: Have it as a Quest Kill. First, it starts off as a NPC that players can talk to and can interact with (Only Under very certain Circumstances). Then, it can turn Hostile and Randomly attack Players (Like it if doesn't like you or you don't tell it what it wants to hear. Once killed, it won't Respaw for a day.

This would be a perfect Monster to put at the end of Naralik Catacombs or at the End of the Mansion's Maze.

Yeahh that would cool, the same effect like attack/defence or physics/cord potion, if you get hit you loose 5 (of random skill/stat) for a short peroid of time (same like potions but loose :P ) very good idea in my opinion.

i mean if i train on ogre now AFK he wont hit me and i could stay there for houers.

but if this "fearless monster" would sux blood i cant go AFk train.