Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nintenduh

Camera Suggestions.

I think it would be great if a player had the ability to zoom out 3x the current limit. Another feature I would really like to see is the ability to hold down say the CTRL or ALT key and have the ability to control the camera rotation/tilt by moving the mouse around.

I think it would be great if a player had the ability to zoom out 3x the current limit. Another feature I would really like to see is the ability to hold down say the CTRL or ALT key and have the ability to control the camera rotation/tilt by moving the mouse around.

There's some sort of patch I believe for the first one. Second one.. I've had times where I'd move my mouse after pushing some assortment of buttons and it'd move the camera with my mouse movement alone. I can't ever recreate it intentionally though..

you can move the camera by holding the 'scroll wheel' down and moving the mouse left and right.

I use that but it doesn't work fluidly. You kinda have to fling the camera in the direction you want :) What I mean is a smooth rotation activated by holding down a keyboard key and moving the mouse left or right. If anyone has played Earth and Beyond they prolly know what I am talking about :D

just use the arrow keys..i can't understand how you think the mouse is not fluid...o.0

I just find it a little hard to use in a way. I found the left and right arrows a bit too slow but now that shouldnt be a problem B) Here's my suggestion for the default camera rotation speeds...

#normal_camera_rotation_speed = 45.0

#fine_camera_rotation_speed = 15.0

You can also go into your el.ini and change the speed of the rotation...

tyvvm! :lol:

B) Another satisfied customer...you're welcome B)

Although I do agree, I think the default rotation speed should be a little faster than 15...more like 30 though...

Edited by Aisllinn

I put it as 35/5 in CVS :( I've been quite satisfied with those settings for the last 12 months so :P

Blender has a really smooth 3rd mouse button rotate. I think that is a better example then the one I provided earlier. Somthing where you can spin left and right and also tilt the view up and down in the same click :D

Edited by Nintenduh

you can do that with the mouse wheel in EL. Up and down too all at once..or maybe that's not in the old client, well anyway, it'll be in the update :angry:

You cant do up and down in the old client... thats the one I use, because I'm too lazy to compile the CVS, and the last time I checked (which was a while ago) the precompiled CVSs from CK and Wytter didn't work on my comp...

My problem with the mouse movement is that, if you let go of the middle mouse button, the screen keeps spinning for a fraction of a second after you let go... like a delayed reaction or something...