Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bathory

Is This Allowed?

EDIT: I don't want to sound like a hippie, by why am I feeling all bad vibes to the replies in this thread?

Not bad vibes but you don't seem to like our answers. We are trying to help you, and stop you from doing something that could get you banned later on. Or the character deleted at the very least, stuff included. We have referred you to game rules several times, which addresses this issue of character sharing. It seems pretty self explanatory, whether this would be allowed, and if so, under what usage conditions it would be allowed.

Okay, I'm not a newb. I've listened to all your answers, but I have not been able to get a complete answer. Some are saying I can, if it doesn't move, some say it can only be a bot.

What is the deal?

I'd suggest that a character, who is accessible to multiple persons, that will be online at any one time, whose soul purpose is to mule/trade items for the guild, with other characters (while another character is logged on, on the same machine) could potentially be breaking the spririt of the rules. I would, therefore, be cautious about doing so.

No, there will be no muling whatsoever. Trading, yes. But that is the whole point of the bot.

I have yet to actually have the storage char online at the same time my main char is on, because I'm still waiting for confirmation. I don't want to break the rules in any way.

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.). Doing so can make you lose your characters and even get you banned.

This states that, it is illegal for any one client/user to run two accounts on the same machine, that are connected to the server THAT:

1.) Communicate with the other character this client/user is running

2.) Mule items (which in this case, is not your intention)

3.) Provide an unauthorised storage facility.

I understand that this rules is somewhat misleading/difficult to understand, but I personally believe that if you were to use this character for a manual storage you could be facing a ban or other punishments.

As always, i'd take the opportunity to contact a higher moderator (Cicero, Learner?,Roja or Wytter) and ask them to clarify the rule for you

:angry:

Badwog,

If I were you I'd play it safe.... I would create a character to store my guild’s goods. I would never share the pw with anyone, and I would never have this storage character and my character online at the same time. And I would never ask anyone to get something from the storage and trade it back to my everyday character (might break the spirit of the rules). I would then declare my character names on the forums.

I'd even keep really good records of who I gave what items and who contributed what....

That way if anyone asks where an item went or who has been taking and not giving you can answer.

And that way you know for sure that you are within the rules…

1.) Communicate with the other character this client/user is running

2.) Mule items (which in this case, is not your intention)

3.) Provide an unauthorised storage facility.

Why is it aginst the rules to have one person talking to another on the same machine over the game?

If Gard has a bot/character that MOVES it is illegal, if they have an undeclared bot it is also illegal and

will be banned if found. Afaik storage bots - that store items for guilds are allowed under a condition

that it will be declared and it will stay in one spot.

Hmmm, sounds to me like a witch hunt. I do believe you almost peed your pants from the excitment of getting GarD into trouble? Could this be so? Hmmm me thinks mods should not be biased.

Okay, I talked to Roja, and my storage char is allowed. Yippee!

Ahhh schuks! Looks like your day to dance around in a circle, cackling an evil bray of laughter and making hideous faces just passed you up.

So sollie charlie! :ph34r:

JaneMuffin

Proud Co-Cap of GarD!

LOL, excuse me? I'm quite insulted by what you just said.

Go to my guild Forums, you'll see this has nothing to do with GarD whatsoever, we've actually been thinking of getting a storage char for quite some time.

No one was 'tattling' on you, so to speak.

I don't see why you have to be so worried. You've made a big deal of something very small. No one has done anything illegal here. If you've been doing illegal things with your storage char, that's your problem not mine. As I said before, I'm not here to tattle, and certainly not here to judge.

And as for dancing around in a cricle, well you're a day late with that reply, so yes, in a way, you are right that the day has passed up, because it was yesterday when I did my dance of joy.

Now settle down.

PS: This one's for Plat: why does it say Edited by teh banned 0n3na on one my earlier posts in this thread? Care to explain?

Edited by Badwog

I used GarD's bot as example since it has been mentioned that "GarD has a bot and I don't.", keep in

mind "if" used here. And that Edited by, I've by mistake hit "Edit" instead "Quote", anyway I

didn't changed your post, moderator is a human being too, you know?

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Incase this goes into some form of hysteria or witch hunt, I will state right now that GarD is 130% against cheating in all forms, so do not try to pinpoint people to accuse if they stand against the same enemy as you. Thank you.

LOL, excuse me? I'm quite insulted by what you just said.

Go to my guild Forums, you'll see this has nothing to do with GarD whatsoever, we've actually been thinking of getting a storage char for quite some time.

No one was 'tattling' on you, so to speak.

I don't see why you have to be so worried. You've made a big deal of something very small. No one has done anything illegal here. If you've been doing illegal things with your storage char, that's your problem not mine. As I said before, I'm not here to tattle, and certainly not here to judge.

And as for dancing around in a cricle, well you're a day late with that reply, so yes, in a way, you are right that the day has passed up, because it was yesterday when I did my dance of joy.

Now settle down.

PS: This one's for Plat: why does it say Edited by teh banned 0n3na on one my earlier posts in this thread? Care to explain?

Oh I am so sorry, I should have made it clearer. I was saying that plat was gonna do her/his (I am still confused about this) infamous evil dance of joy.

I appologize to you, I did not mean this reply to you. =)

And as for GarD doing illegal stuff, nah, we are too innocent and honorable to even try to cheat.

JaneMuffin

I used GarD's bot as example since it has been mentioned that "GarD has a bot and I don't.", keep in

mind "if" used here. And that Edited by, I've by mistake hit "Edit" instead "Quote", anyway I

didn't changed your post, moderator is a human being too, you know?

Regards.

Holie schmolie! I have escaped the wreched claws of plat! Hooray!

::looks around::

It's too quiet, I sense and in game tidal wave of evilness comming my way soon!

JaneMuffin

:D

I stated clearly: IF GarD members would be cheating they would get banned like everyone else, it was a

reply for Badwog's argumentation that GarD has a storage character so why he can't have one too.

If GarD members are so honourable, why they are violating forum rules? If you want to flame, please

choose the Flames section and create there a separate thread. This is a help forum. Thank you.

Regards.