Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bathory

Is This Allowed?

Well, seeing's no one in my guild is an experienced programmer, instead of a bot, are we allowed to set up an account which we can use to log in and deposit/withdraw stuff for the guild?

It is allowed if it is a bot - automated program and that bot is declared on forum.

Regards.

So you have to ask admins, because store bots are not supposed to do any activity in game except

storing/selling items.

Regards.

He's talking about a character that the entire guild has access too, that has mass amounts of small things that the guild might need to make stuff. etc.

It's not a bot. It's going to be a new characater that someone gets on to store or withdraw items.

Are you talking about a store (shop) bot, or storage (mule) bot? I don't believe mules are allowed, no matter if they are bots or not. To me "store or withdraw" indicates a mule, shops usually has buy and sell commands.

Basically, if it's not a bot, it's just a player with multiple characters. Or in this case multiple players sharing the extra character. So, check out the rules for multiple characters, expecially the one about not interacting between the characters.

Besides, what's the point of a player-store-character? The point of a bot is that it can buy and sell on it's own, without anyone needing to be logged on. If you need to have someone logged on, he can just use his own character to buy/sell stuff.

I think he means store=storage, not store=shop

Basically many people have access to one char and its password and just keep stuff in there, not to sell, but to use and to have a place to put stuff if they don't want it in their own storage.

Basically, if it's not a bot, it's just a player with multiple characters. Or in this case multiple players sharing the extra character. So, check out the rules for multiple characters, expecially the one about not interacting between the characters.

So I guess the answer is NO. *shrugs*

I don't see any difference between a storage character everyone in the guild has access to (which, by the way, never moves from its location) to a bot that everyone from a guild would have access to. All it is is matter of programming. One is automated, the other, not.

I heard GarD has one, so why not us?

I don't see any difference between a storage character everyone in the guild has access to (which, by the way, never moves from its location) to a bot that everyone from a guild would have access to. All it is is matter of programming. One is automated, the other, not.

Well first of all, IF Gard has one, who says its legal? :angry: (I'm sure they will be thrilled you announced it to the world)

Secondly, everyone in a guild does NOT have access to a bot and the bot is declared and approved by administrators and purchased with US dollars in order to be used that way.

Edited by Aisllinn

If Gard has a bot/character that MOVES it is illegal, if they have an undeclared bot it is also illegal and

will be banned if found. Afaik storage bots - that store items for guilds are allowed under a condition

that it will be declared and it will stay in one spot.

Regards.

Afaik storage bots - that store items for guilds are allowed under a condition

So you mean our storage character, who never leaves it's spot, is allowed?

Edited by Platyna

My question is, what's the point?

I have no information if automation is required but I know that bot is not supposed to make items,

collect them for profit of its owner and leave one declared spot.

Regards.

It sounds like, if you go by the multiple character rules, that it would be ok IF one or two people run this char but do not use it to trade with or benefit their own main chars...if its truly for the guilds benefit, if say 2 guild leaders use it to store weapons, armour, books...for the benefit of their members who can trade with this storage character as long as they don't run it....

Yes, it will only benefit the guild, in the sense that we can collectively store items for contests and other such things.

You aren't following...whoever runs this char can't use it for his/her benefit, even if that "benefit" is for "the good of the guild". You can't make this char so everybody in your guild can access him, you need to make it so only one or 2 people have the pass and actually run him and those people cannot use him for their personal use. That would be character sharing/trading. Even if its for the good of the guild.

Example: You "Badwog" run "storage_char". Therefore you "Badwog" cannot trade/interact with "storage_character" or benefit from it. You may help other guild members and trade/interact with anybody who does not also have password to this storage char.

Again, as Leeloo suggested, you might want to take a look at the game rule about character sharing.

Er, who said everyone in the guild was using it? Only about 3 or 4 in my guild will have access to him to withdraw/deposit for the others.

Edited by Badwog

You did.

I was refering to the difference between a bot and a storage character, and how everyone in the guild, if they were to all use it, would still be doing the same thing.

EDIT: I don't want to sound like a hippie, by why am I feeling all bad vibes to the replies in this thread?

Edited by Badwog