Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shyfx

The Rise And Fall Of Old El.

lol satan plats been playin for 1 year and a bit the exact same time as i started september 03

im a oldbies like plat how legendary is that :huh:

lol satan plats been playin for 1 year and a bit the exact same time as i started september 03

im a oldbies like plat how legendary is that :o

There's a difference shy, your an oldbie. Plat is not. Trop is an oldbie. Plat is not. The list goes on and on.. Like I said the days of me playing as punk829kawa in july and august with Jevik.. I never once remember seeing a teh banned 0n3na. Another name maybe? :huh: We all know how small the game was back then.

Tumtum, now that you mention it he does remind me a lot of hades.. What ever happened to him?

Fall of EL started since the test server, when new system crashed after two weeks and it was even

worse than on old server people lost their faith in this game. Alot of noobs came up, they are playing

like three months and and has no respect for real old players, (FYI guys, if you joined the game after

Jan 04 you are NOT old player, old players are these who played this game on old server and played it

more than a year). We'll see what future will show, anyway leaving the game will only kill it so don't do

that. In my guild there is always a place for my old friends from EL. :-)

United we raise divided we fall.

Regards.

You may be an "old" player, but that doesn't mean people have to treat you like some god. Show respect to get it.

u lot are scank on plat give her a fing break its only a game

Daxon, she doesn't know what respect means. Nor does she know what being wrong about something means.

I do find it strangely entertaining that she was flaming Roja before Roja offered to give her NH status back. If I recall, she needed NH status to "add flavor to the game," was it? Who in their right mind needs power to have fun in a game? Oh, that's right, a power hungry person.

Wanted

An Oldbie with a good memory

Trying to remember what my first name was...I joined around December 7th of '03. Wasn't stage_crew.

Paying 10k :unsure:

Wanted

Trying to remember what my first name was...I joined around December 7th of '03. Wasn't stage_crew.

Paying 10k :(

grr i wish i had my old chat logs... do you remember like..what it started with or anything about it?

0oo i smell an oldie discussion

<--points out he's been here longer than most of you

wanders off again

LOL, I'm finding all this "oldbie" discussion rather saddening.

Especially from Plat herself. Just because I joined Januray 04, I can never be a so-called 'oldbie'?

To have joined that long ago, to newbies today I would seem like an oldbie. But because you know the 'exact' definition of oldbie, I therefore am not really eligible.

And no, I am not saying I am an oldbie. I'm just saying the time you arrived in this game does not fully determine if you are an oldbie.

It's your reputation, a bit of popularity, some attitude, knowledge, and a few other things.

I do not consider you an oldbie, and never will Plat, simply because you think so high of yourself. Simply read your first post in this thread and you'll know what I mean.

007 didn't really PLAY so much as sit around the fire on IP afking :D but that was his profession so that's ok...i dont think anyone in EL history has spent so much time afk as 007 :(....except maybe all the autoclicking fools in the silver mines back in the day.

i'd consider myself a middlebie...i played in like september 2003...somewhere around there. oldbies = tuma, crusadingknight, learner....ehh too lazy.

Wanted

Paying 10k  :D

70347? edit: nvm saw it started with b or h...

wish i could be considered oldbie.. started november 03... around there... =*( makes me want to play more.. glory.. i think i remember u when i started playing.. probably why i dont knwo much bout ye... started round same time

Edited by AuricRal

Daxon, she doesn't know what respect means. Nor does she know what being wrong about something means.

I do find it strangely entertaining that she was flaming Roja before Roja offered to give her NH status back. If I recall, she needed NH status to "add flavor to the game," was it? Who in their right mind needs power to have fun in a game? Oh, that's right, a power hungry person.

I never was flaming Roja, I was agressively criticizing updates also posted a sarcastic letter about

moderators promotion system. And according to definition at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderator_(communications)

Roja was kinda right that such comments shouldn't be made by a moderator on a public forum even if I

was right. Only reason of posting such critique was that, I love this project and I am deeply concerned

into its future and always very sad when there are changes made which has negative consequences in

the community which is major value of this game. And I became a NH in hardest time of EL - after a disk

crashed, when alot people were flaming and leaving I offered my help, so keep your grudges in your

pocket Daxon and SirKillAlot.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I never was flaming Roja, I was agressively criticizing updates also posted a sarcastic letter about

moderators promotion system. And according to definition at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderator_(communications)

Roja was kinda right that such comments shouldn't be made by a moderator on a public forum even if I

was right. Only reason of posting such critique was that, I love this project and I am deeply concerned

into its future and always very sad when there are changes made which has negative consequences in

the community which is major value of this game. And I became a NH in hardest time of EL - after a disk

crashed, when alot people were flaming and leaving I offered my help, so keep your grudges in your

pocket Daxon and SirKillAlot.

Regards.

You were too flaming her, and once again quote such comments shouldn't be made by a moderator on a public forum even if I

was right. /end quote. If you were right? Come on. Get over yourself. You weren't right for what you did, and you cannot be right all the time. You aren't perfect and you aren't anywhere nere perfect. Quit the act it gets extremely old after half a year. Haven't you noticed how many more people hate you since you put on this act? Before you started this "I'm better than everyone else, I'm a queen, I'm never wrong" act you had friends. Now look what you've got, a couple powers and a list full of people hating you. Auricral is right. You took advantage of the time when a lot of NH's and high level moderators left. Which is kind of sad IMHO. I have nothing else to say.

SKA

I war right about that update was not good. And wrong about the form. Read carefuly so you'll not get

false picture of that what I am talking about.

Regards.

I started playing EL waaaaaay back in either 2003 (years end) or early 2004. I was a character named Niveria. I "might" remember actually talking to stage_crew (007?) and gathering rabbit furs for him ... or somebody else ... i can't remember, but it took me like 4 hrs. to get 10 furs lol I couldn't figure out how to trade. Anyway, i stopped playing. Then later in 2004 (march-april-ish) my brother (moneyman) started to play after finding EL at onrpg or something. he played as eugene O_o then i started to play as JebusC and Y2J (very not known since i hardly talked). then came the reset, a lot of people were quitting. i remember either during the bug money or rollback sk8rjosh trying to calm everyone down lol then i created my new character (jebus) and the first night i talked to anastasia, woodchuck, aira?, hazor, 007 in the newbie channel. i remember someone being denoobed and he kept asking me to tell the mod to un-denoob him lol. that night i made like 500 gc off of lilacs :( very low but hey, i bought a iron sword for cheap from someone. then i joined tc, and now im inactive again .... what will happen next? ill leave el again and come back again a year and a half later? nah :( i just gotta get a decent computer lol

yeah, long history, but im still a newb and not afraid to say it :D

and, through all the inactive months, the hardships, i still love EL!!!

I started playing EL waaaaaay back in either 2003 (years end) or early 2004. I was a character named Niveria. I "might" remember actually talking to stage_crew (007?) and gathering rabbit furs for him ... or somebody else ... i can't remember, but it took me like 4 hrs. to get 10 furs lol I couldn't figure out how to trade. Anyway, i stopped playing. Then later in 2004 (march-april-ish) my brother (moneyman) started to play after finding EL at onrpg or something. he played as eugene O_o then i started to play as JebusC and Y2J (very not known since i hardly talked). then came the reset, a lot of people were quitting. i remember either during the bug money or rollback sk8rjosh trying to calm everyone down lol then i created my new character (jebus) and the first night i talked to anastasia, woodchuck, aira?, hazor, 007 in the newbie channel. i remember someone being denoobed and he kept asking me to tell the mod to un-denoob him lol. that night i made like 500 gc off of lilacs :) very low but hey, i bought a iron sword for cheap from someone. then i joined tc, and now im inactive again .... what will happen next? ill leave el again and come back again a year and a half later? nah :) i just gotta get a decent computer lol

yeah, long history, but im still a newb and not afraid to say it B)

and, through all the inactive months, the hardships, i still love EL!!!

Wonder if you still have those chat logs? That was back when I was a complete newb. :D

I seem to be the only one who is stickin up for plat the reason is

. iv never had a arqument with her

. shes been my friend for a long time

.shes always kind to me

there are many more

ow btw killalot shes needs a ally on this post lol B)

Hello everyone :D

Edited by Shyfx

Wonder if you still have those chat logs? That was back when I was a complete newb. :D

lol probably not because all of my EL chatlogs etc were on my now deceased computer (yes, computers die, let's mourn).

Another funny thing I remember is when I was scammed for the first time by Elven_Fury. I had 200 gc and he said he'd sell me a two edge for that much. I traded and pressed the "x" and he just ran away. I must have flooded #abuse and #help_me for like an hour until a mod yelled at me lol

Soon after I started talking to Elven_Fury (who wouldnt give me my sword back, mind you B)) and he introduced me to his "apprentice" theif who went by some weird name, but it had elf in it. Anyway, he wanted me to follow him to votd (which was completely new to me back then) and i lagged so bad on my shitty old computer that i couldn't keep up :) after that I gave up.

lol those were the days. when everything was new, fun and the game had a certain aura about it. Still does, but nothing beats playing a new game for the first time :)