Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shyfx

The Rise And Fall Of Old El.

Rise and the Fall of old el.

When i first went on el i thought it was brilliant because the commumity on the game was amazing.

When i was a noob killin rabbits with studded gloves and full padded leather armour i thought i was the best player on the game because i aint seen anyone else with them on.

Then i noticed that i was a noob a proper noob when i saw load of people with chain armour and many other armours i didnt know at that time.

Iit pushed me to be as gd as them. Day by day i pld for over 6 hours lvling everytime the community was as strong as ever and i made friends with cool people and i was a in a very succesful guild called Rivan Warriors everything was goin great.

Then one morning my player Shyfx was deleted i wasnt happy so i made a new player just to find out that all accounts were wiped out. This was the start of the end for el's old days.

As time went by more and more old el members left and i was player lvling about 30 minutes a day a massive difference from 6 hours.

My guild is startin to loose many players and now there like 4 online max when there used to be 11- 19 it oviously says that people had given up.

u see this is why its all gone down hill i hope iv helped people who have come back from old el to new and to know whats happened to old el members.

This new el is starting to re-shape i hope it will be succesfull as old el :)

Goodluck Eternal lands team :)

Shyfx :lol:

Edited by Shyfx

Fall of EL started since the test server, when new system crashed after two weeks and it was even

worse than on old server people lost their faith in this game. Alot of noobs came up, they are playing

like three months and and has no respect for real old players, (FYI guys, if you joined the game after

Jan 04 you are NOT old player, old players are these who played this game on old server and played it

more than a year). We'll see what future will show, anyway leaving the game will only kill it so don't do

that. In my guild there is always a place for my old friends from EL. :-)

United we raise divided we fall.

Regards.

(FYI guys, if you joined the game after

Jan 04 you are NOT old player, old players are these who played this game on old server and played it more than a year). We'll see what future will show, anyway leaving the game will only kill it so don't do that. In my guild there is always a place for my old friends from EL. :-)

You say that cuz thats around when you joined isnt it? ofcourse we all have different defintions of 'old' thou

And i think he was saying he is leaving because the people he concider his friends (thous that left and thous that where in his guild who are not around) are all gone now. So i say if you see no reson in playing anymore.. then dont. People who tend to stick around after they realizes theres nothing for them anymore just seem to turn a little bitter some times twards the other players

btw we where all newbies/noob what ever you chose to call them at some point it doesnt matter how early you started to play you where a newbie.. and people have to earn respect its not given just cus you claim oldbie statues

with out newbs this game would die ever so much more then just a few of the "oldbies" leaving...

Good luck in what ever adventues find you Shyfx and have fun =)

Emby

Ember, I joined at September 03. :-)

Regards.

funny there's a lot of peopel that joined after you and know a lot more then you plat, maybe becasue you go on fits and leave the game for weeks at a time. But that's ok i dont' need recognition to be an old player, after all we're all n00bs at heart eh?

and bye shy, we had some good times.

*tips his hat*

Yea i see what u mean plat iv been playin for over 1 year and iv seen many oldes disapear i joined september 2003 :)

Edited by Shyfx

*Attempts to figure out what classifies oldbies*

*Tuma's brain asplode*

<_< Don't choo all be talkin' bout "oldbies" around me...

I'll show you the meaning of "oldbie"...

*Remembers talking with Jevik long before september.. And shortly after.. Never did see anyone by the name of teh banned 0n3na. Considering only 50 people played at the time You'd think I would see someone.* Hint hint cough noob cough.

a lot have gone lately, the n00bs bring new blood, when n00bs stop the game dies. I have a message board i have gone to for years, the only people i see still there are dedicated i guess, most of them from the middle very few from the beginning. N00bs brought us fresh blood, but now that the game is old it has stopped, the board has slowed.

*Attempts to figure out what classifies oldbies*

lol... many hours have i pondered this very thing.. i think what is unclear is whether oldbies are born or made xD something i've found rather amazing about el is it literally comes in 'generations' which seem to follow the same attitude patterns. the 'original' 'oldbies' aka tum aki sk8 aira me :D slayton (and so on) have much different attitudes than middlebies and newbies. (of course even middlebies and newbies can be subdivided)

So, by this method of thinking, you should not judge an el 'oldbie' by stats or "omfp i played for a year" etc.. you should judge them by their attitude toward the game...well i guess it wouldnt hurt to take into account stats and how long theyve played xD

i think i've come to the conclusion that being an oldbie is a state of mind. since there are no written laws regarding it, people tend to take it very loosely and stretch it to fit their experiences or accomplishments. no matter what others say, they always consider themselves oldbie :angry: The simplest way to come to an agreement on who is and isnt oldbie is to take a community-wide vote for oldbies/non oldbies. (not so simple eh :angry: ) this means we'll never know! unless someone actually wastes the time to make a poll and make everyone take it and take into account the 98% margin of error and actually think that the whole community will even care about the results :D

oldbies=unclassifiable

Edited by 007

(FYI guys, if you joined the game after

Jan 04 you are NOT old player, old players are these who played this game on old server and played it

more than a year).

So you're saying that in 5 years, we won't qualify as an "old" player? Do we come to you when we want "Christening" into the "old players" clan? Let me ask you a question: At what age do people finally stop classifying themselves in a game teh banned 0n3na?

How 'bout: "Who cares".

Please....if people do not know who you are in this game, it won't take them 2 minutes to find out....and those who already know, are not in need of refresher courses on your "l33tn3ss".

I've played for a year, made some friends in this game, and hope that it goes much farther. Yay for me, I'm not an "old" player.

Sheesh.

Edited by Jride04

:o I wonder what I would classify as. :D I believe that an oldbie is not really a person that has played a long time, because all that time could have been spent afk. :P Anyways an oldbie is more or less a person that knows alot about the game not by reading from the different things on the site, but from experience of playing the game and making mistakes. An oldbie should be a person that has had his or her shares of deaths by *CO* (sorry but this is a must....unless you got in *CO* before the killed you because they killed just about everyone back when I was getting around level 20...I wish I still had my old chat logs that showed Crus asking what level he needed to be to kill goblins...I believe he was like level 9 and I was just starting looking for flowers) Anyways truely being an oldbie also has down sides because people expect you to be a really high level. Look at poor MikeH. Oh well I'm tried of typing and I'm not even sure if this needed to be posted or anything. B) But I felt like posting

An oldbie should be a person that has had his or her shares of deaths by *CO* (sorry but this is a must....unless you got in *CO* before the killed you because they killed just about everyone back when I was getting around level 20

I don't think I have ever been killed by *CO* even though I have been around a long time. I really don't PK. So i guess i'm not a oldbie..... Oh well. :D

An oldbie should be a person that has had his or her shares of deaths by *CO*

hrmm i dont concider myself an oldbie by any means and the only member of *co* that ever pk'd me on a pk'able map was Tropicano.. and thats cuz i er.. um.. healed him while he was fighting :P... I know a totaly unforgiveable sin.. other then that i dont think anyone else from *co* ever pk'd me ((unless you count the time i killed myself of Hazor at the kf door trying to move him farther into kf while he was either afk or buzy))

when i think oldbie i just think the people who helped out the most before i came around. Not everyone who was here before that falls into that group thou :D

i aint playing a year yet but im sure i played more then teh banned 0n3na in her 2 years of e-l :-)

not really a person that has played a long time, because all that time could have been spent afk. :D

ROFL watch it eldwen XD contrary to popular belief, i did actually play the game way back when :) just not very well :/

satan teh banned 0n3na hasnt been playing for 2 years :P

i aint playing a year yet but im sure i played more then teh banned 0n3na in her 2 years of e-l :-)

teh banned 0n3na has NOT been playing for 2 years. Lies all lies.

Since september 03 there is year and few months AFAIK.

Regards.

:o I wonder what I would classify as. :huh: I believe that an oldbie is not really a person that has played a long time, because all that time could have been spent afk. :P Anyways an oldbie is more or less a person that knows alot about the game not by reading from the different things on the site, but from experience of playing the game and making mistakes. An oldbie should be a person that has had his or her shares of deaths by *CO* (sorry but this is a must....unless you got in *CO* before the killed you because they killed just about everyone back when I was getting around level 20...I wish I still had my old chat logs that showed Crus asking what level he needed to be to kill goblins...I believe he was like level 9 and I was just starting looking for flowers) Anyways truely being an oldbie also has down sides because people expect you to be a really high level. Look at poor MikeH. Oh well I'm tried of typing and I'm not even sure if this needed to be posted or anything. B) But I felt like posting

roflmao :D omfg :D haha... rofl :_D hih... *feels as if he is teh great and have actually done something to shape EL hisory*.. this is bollyXmeg :P

Yay for trop :o

Satan reminds me of Hades, for some odd reason.

...and I don't just mean the entities (read: entropies) being similar, but in personality... :huh:

Must be that whole archdemon of death thing...