Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Izzy

Death of a King

Has this story been used?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Has this story been used?

• Yes its been used before!
    • Nope, the entire thing sounds different!
    • I can't tell, it sounds original.
    • It's been used but the specifics are allot different.
    • Give me more detail!

Ok, not going to give a background story, just going to go strait into it.

Just know this one king ruled all.

----------------

Story (Natural Races):

It has long been, that the mutants and the natural beings worked together under the one king, for years all lived in sync with each other. No one knew that anyone had anymore hate for the other, until that day.

Guild Manager:

Yes, I see. So it's ture?

Merchant:

Yes, sadly I witnessed the tragedy with my own eyes. It was a Orc that did it, it must have been.

Guild Manager:

Let us not assume too much at this point... Can I do you service?

Player:

I'm interested in becoming an adventurer.

Guild Manager:

... I don't have the time right now - can you tell my everything Mela?

Player: ...

Merchant (Mela):

It happened so fast, we were going on route to (City) then a single arrow went into his tent, he dropped out... dead...

Guild Manager:

I, I guess... sounds like bandits, but what about the guards?

Mela:

More arrows fell, it was like it was raining them, the king, by then was already dead, and even so - they were all too busy trying to get away from the arrows that seemed to want each of us dead. I managed to fit into a fox den, and waited it out, all I saw from the den was a armored boot...

Guild Manager:

And you saw his body?

Mela:

It was him, I'm sure of it.

Player:

...Ok...

Guild Manager:

Oh, I forgot you were there. This may be sad but as the Kings death is the past you have a future that you must brighten.

(Becomes adventurer: gets hp bar, gets mana bar, +2 to all combat skills...)

Ok, I'm sorry.

Player:

The King is dead, does that mean the age of evil is coming again?

Guild Manager:

Age of Evil? What would you know about such things?

Player:

I grew up with my grand father, he was a crusader in the wars... its because of him why I am here.

Mela:

Let's hope that, that never happens again boy, I'll rest up here Theorin.

Guild Manager (Theorin):

Fine. But, we have come a long way with the orcs, goblins, ogres. They wouldn't suddenly just hate us...

Mela:

I hope so.

Theorin:

Oh, please, boy, you can visit... (From here he gives directions to the first quest)

------------------------

Story (Mutants):

Player:

Have yo~u heard the rumors?

Best Friend:

Wha~at would that be~e?

Player:

The pink ones, they killed our king.

Best Friend:

The King, can't be killed by some pink jelly ball.

Player:

Who knows - but I'm staying on my toes from now on.

Best Friend:

Ha, ha, your too weak to kill some pinkies.

Player:

I'm not weak! Your a fool, I don't even know why you call them pink jelly. Some of them aren't even pink.

Best Friend:

But they are jelly though.

Together:

Ha, ha, ha.

Best Friend:

Why don't we Visit the Ceremonial Alter, we are of age now, I'm sure it will accept us as warriors.

Player:

What you mean? We've been sitting infront of it all this time.

(Plus to combat skills +2, health bar visible, mana useable, +3 to base attributes.)

I guess, it decided we were ready.

Best Friend:

Huh? but, I'm not any stronger... must be the half jelly in me...

Player:

Hmm, I feel different.

Best Friend:

Your eyes - they!

Player:

???

Best Friend:

This is the Blood Call, it is what my father told me of!

Player:

What?

Best Friend:

The alters power is in our blood, through you it tells us that our primal powers are needed, the time for war is at hand. Everyone, the blood omen! It has awakened in Player! We are in danger!

Player:

No wait!

Best Friend:

Visit the elder, he will know what to do. (Elder leads to the first quest.)

---------------------------------

Description:

Ok, 1 intro =D. Choose your race, and class.

If your confused as what Mutants are, in certain books the Orcs, goblins, dark elfs, gnomes, Ogres... are considered mutants.

The natural races are Humans, Elfs, dwarfs, halflings, Taurents (For some reason they are considered natural)

------------------------------

Finishing to Begining -

The death of a king is based on nothing, the story has no main bad guy however their is a main force to fight against, it introduces a player vs player system that adds racial boundries.

The concept of a war driven EL has been used before however always for some half arsed reason. The entire plot development lies in the past, the player plays through past events that leads to where they are now.

I remember Roja saying EL 2 so basically this is a great story for a EL 2.

-------------------------------------

Now - Finishing

The King hasnt died yet but you can do anything to stop the chain of events that will lead to his death, the one certain is that the player is there when he dies. The story begins for the mutants with the blood luster engulfing them, the passion to kill is what drives them, they always feel as if they are hated so they must hate back. However the first war was something that had great influence over the relations between naturals and mutants.

Natural Races are the races that came from the primeordial soup mix with the exception of the elves. The king is a combination of both mutant and Natural Races (Long story) however with his death the chain breaks. But as always there is much more to it that what you can see, the road of the past in this story is traveled backwards inorder to unlock the present.

--------------------------------------------

Characters and Players:

Now the npcs and so on in this story are not important as they arent that great but they serve their purpose.

Players purpose is very important, this is a mmorpg story so it supports and unlimited ammount of people. The story begins with many many beginings. So not everyone starts out on the same go.

IE. Say the player chooses to make profession farming; they will enter the farming district counslers building.

each race I'm guessing should have 5 or 6 openings. In this story thats about 55- 70 openings. All depending on what characterisitcs you select for your player.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok thats the concept. =-)