Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrunkenHobo

Harvesting

People would go macro happy if they did that. It'd be nice (since I love to harvest) but I think it'd be a bad idea.

Well it's either the exp cap, or:

*) remove the rule and let macroers get unlimited experience

*) remove the rule, reduce the exp per harvested item, and let only macroers gain a reasonable amount of harvesting experience.

People would go macro happy if they did that. It'd be nice (since I love to harvest) but I think it'd be a bad idea.

*) remove the rule, reduce the exp per harvested item, and let only macroers gain a reasonable amount of harvesting experience.

How do you macro sitting and waiting for it to go up? Kinda pointless.

Or make it 1 lvl each hour.

Why? Then it would make it impossible for the newbies to level up...

You harvested 1 vegetable.

Your harvesting level is now 1!

Your XP limit has been reached for this hour, you have to wait until the next hour to get any more harvesting XP.

[Next hour]

Your harvesting level is now 2!

Your XP limit has been reached for this hour, you have to wait until the next hour to get any more harvesting XP.

There's got to be SOME way for newbs to get XP... and fighting rabbits isn't to fast...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and for higher harv level payers... they could gain a whole level in less than an hour. Really not fair.

Edited by goatsgomoo

[Next hour]

There's got to be SOME way for newbs to get XP... and fighting rabbits isn't to fast...

Although I think this is a bad idea, you could limit the harvesting cap to players with OA > 10 (for example)

[Next hour]

Although I think this is a bad idea, you could limit the harvesting cap to players with OA > 10 (for example)

Then somebody could just reset continuously while harvesting to gain a bunch of levels...

With all the seemly random events, mother Nature, bees, collapsing walls, teleporting all over, and even a random stop harvesting. Why in the world don't you get rid of the Harvest experience cap. It seems that the development tems stresses combat and want to hurt anyone that wants to craft, manufacture, or create things. take the example of the need for greater and greater amounts of basic minerials, food and essences. If you state that the exp cap is there to prevent macro miners, that is a very lame excuse. With the new auto harvest feature, they can no longer do what they use to. :angry:

With all the seemly random events, mother Nature, bees, collapsing walls, teleporting all over, and even a random stop harvesting. Why in the world don't you get rid of the Harvest experience cap. It seems that the development tems stresses combat and want to hurt anyone that wants to craft, manufacture, or create things. take the example of the need for greater and greater amounts of basic minerials, food and essences. If you state that the exp cap is there to prevent macro miners, that is a very lame excuse. With the new auto harvest feature, they can no longer do what they use to. :angry:

They can

Make a bot that harvests, eats at low food, heals when hurt, move back when tele'd.

There comes the exp

They already have these rules implimented:

Bot Rules

--Bots that only talk are OK, as long as they don't spam local chat or a main channel

--The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

--Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage

--Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying)

--Bots can not make items or harvest except for their own use

--Any other kind of bot must be explicitly approved

--All bots must be declared on this thread

and they also have conquences <_<

and how would a player get experience anyway???? :angry:

Edited by Craft

Why do you think they implemented it in the first place?

Because they couldn't get lotsa macroers.

it was implented ALOT before these new havest updates like bad caves falling on you and bees stiniging and u get to be teleported to somewhere else <_< :P now if u want to have harvest xp that needs potions,LOTS of patience for walking back,lots of pickaxes :angry: so whats the point? game goes on macroers get better but non macroers SUFFER because of them and its always gona be like that with no diffrence :(

Wow.... seriously free. they create a program that will harvest for them and walk away from the computer. they dont' sit there ad watch.

get rid of the exp rule about having too much exp it stop and give you non for the rest of the hour!!!! i think its plainly stupid

why is it stupid?

Edited by kansle

Wow.... seriously free. they create a program that will harvest for them and walk away from the computer. they dont' sit there ad watch.

Doesn't have to happen. Click and play SSBM or something.