Eternal Lands Official Forums

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Ok I was just thinking...(I'm not very good at that. lol) and I was wondering why we dont have Golems? I did a search of the forums for the word "Golem" and found nothing....so here is my idea...

Golems could be used for carrying items. e.g. Ore, Spare weapons, etc. I think they would have to be extremely difficult and costly to make. There could also be fighting golems, etc.

Example

Steel Golem (Ingredients)

- 4 Enriched Fire essence

- 50-100 steel bars

- 5-10 Enriched Life Essence

- Iron Plate armor???

- 10,000 gold (Or platinum coins, when they are implemented again)

- ETC

Golem1.JPG

There could be many kinds of golems......Even Flesh? (Ewww) lol

Iron

Titanium

Diamond (How cool would these look? lol)

Gold (Would be weak I think, seeing how gold is so soft)

I think that they should be semi-permanent, and follow you around. They should have Health Points so if they go into PK maps they could act as guards, and also leave drops? HEE HEE (I dont think they should lose health over time like normal summons)

To make it hard I think that You should have certain level's in Manu , Summon , AND Magic. Maybe even Alchemy too to be able to create one. Maybe implement a high level spell named "Create Life" or something to that effect? Lets say.....

Manu - 50+?

Summon - 30+?

Magic - 30+?

Alchemy - ???

And before you say......"Well that wont be fair to poor/new players" It would be fair.... they would just have to pay someone to make them one, or collect the ingredients for them.

(Ok maybe it wont be fair to POOR people, but then its not supposed to be easy. More reason to want to level your skills.)

I also suggest that at time of creation you would have to Name the Golem!

For example if I made one for myself (I couldnt with my suggested levels btw) I would simply name it Garrin. All golems could have a sort of Guild like tag, immediately after the name...Steel Golums = SG or something like that so it would be GarrinSG. It would then follow that person around, and only trade with the person they are named after. My point is.....If I wanted to make a Golem for someone who paid me, or gave me the ingredients, lets call him......JimBobRedneck. LOL

I would just name the Golem - JimBobRedneck, and the game could add the SG to it = JimBobRedneckSG

Only one would be able to be alive at one time, and They would not attack unless the owner attacked, or was attacked. Trading with them could be similar to the way you trade with Linux, or another bot. Maybe even the same as trading with Grim, or Molgor, etc...

I am sure there are so many other details I could have added but thats the basic idea. The pictures here are not mine. I just used them as reference, to show what they could possibly look like.

Here are two more pics I found.

Gold Golem?

golem.jpg

golem2.jpg

What does everyone think? Comments appreciated. (Smiles)

Regards

Garrin

Edited by Garrin

It would be nice, and kinda interesting to have Golems in the game. I like the way your thinking, make people have to work to have access to them. I'm assuming they can be killed and only last for say 2 hours or somewhere close to it.

Great idea, just need a little more informatioin to make it work out.

NeoSeS

I'm assuming they can be killed and only last for say 2 hours or somewhere close to it.

Great idea, just need a little more informatioin to make it work out.

NeoSeS

Well......The reason I thought they should be so hard to create was so that they would be "Semi-Permanent"

What I mean is....They would stay with you Unless....

A ) You died, or logged off.

B ) You teleported to portals room.

C ) It was killed.

I just thought of something else.......Maybe it could have the same HP's as the owner? Maybe even the same fighting skills? I dont know.......just some ideas. I actually think the Health Points should depend on what material it is made of, and how difficult it is to make.

Garrin

Steel Golem  (Ingredients)

- 4 Enriched Fire essence

- 50-100 steel bars

- 5-10 Enriched Life Essence

- Iron Plate armor???

- 10,000 gold (Or platinum coins, when they are implemented again)

- ETC

I just thought of something else.......Maybe it could have the same HP's as the owner? Maybe even the same fighting skills? I dont know.......just some ideas. I actually think the Health Points should depend on what material it is made of, and how difficult it is to make.

:blink: Even someone like DonPedro would waste a lot of items and money summoning one of them, assuming it costs all the ingredients you listed? -_-

Yeah,nice idea but maybe they could even be stronger than chim. wolfs,so not to many ppl can kill them,and not being a summoned creature only like a creature you can buy at a store for a short while cause not everyone summons but everyone does have money...(maybe not much but still money):blink:

No, it is the levels that make it appealing as a "super-level use".

Take away the enriched ingredients, replace them with about 50(?) of the origonal.

These should be semi-permanent, as was suggested.

They should be stronger than Chimerian Wolves. Around 150 attack 150 defence. For the diffrent golums, they could have diffrent armor ratings. They can drop things when killed, anything but essences that was put in.

Edited by freeone3000