Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

The Interface

I'll bet someone has already mentioned this in the bugs but I accidently locked my inv bar on the top of my screen. The top menu thing was underneath the blue Eternal Lands program bar and I couldn't move the inv menu until I deleted som ctg file.

Anyways (point) maybe the menus can be moveable from the entire surface instead of just the top bar. Hope this made sense. :lol:

Perhaps a larger, more easily visible clickable area to travel between maps. Boats are fine, I'm talking about those tiny signs you have to click on when going 'by land'. Those signs are almost impossible to see on some maps at night in the game. Either make the signs glow or something so we can see them, or make a larger signs to click on on to change area.

Thats a good idea, but why can't you just make the entrance to new maps act like entrances to caves? The signs ARE very small in some places. Its not a Huge deal, but making them bigger or having them glow would be a great deal easier.

What is good about the interface is the way you click the icon once to bring up the box you want, and click the symbol again to make it dissapear. The two exceptions to this is the Pk fist icon which I'm always clicking by accident and the finger use icon.

The pk button is not too important but when I get that error message when I use it on someone without realising it it feels like some kind of etiquette breach.

The finger icon I find a nuisance, maybe it should stick around when I'm clicking on barrels and such in case I find a really secret area. It does stay as my cursor when I use something, usually I double right click but if I forget, I drink the potion I'm trying to move. The finger icon is also used in remote magic, it would be handy to have the finger icon auto selected on successful casting of a remote spell. Currently you must reselect the icon when you miss the target. As this point interacts with the first finger icon point perhaps an unsuccessful use of the finger should give a move command but not replace the use cursor with the walk one.

I'm using the client from the main site and am going by the interface I know.

Am I wrong...or wasnt there a wand before when you casted a spell like remote heal, instead of the finger? I also agree that it's kinda hard to remote heal people when you have to click the finger icon everytime. Especially at beam where people beam in and almost immediately start moving. lol

Guest Mentat

It would be nice to have some better way to drop items to bag from inventory (middle mouse button?).

alrighty i'll make those signs bigger :) Now talk about soemthing else :)

There's no need to make them larger imho - if the problem is that they're hard to see in dark, you can solve it by making it self-lit and increasing the RGB values to i.e. 1.0. Then you'll always be able to see it.

Edited by Wytter

It would be nice to have some better way to drop items to bag from inventory (middle mouse button?).

already exist ctrl+left click

and middle mouse button is to turn camera lol..

*scarr turns camera and drops his serp byexident * :)

Guest Mentat

already exist ctrl+left click

and middle mouse button is to turn camera lol..

*scarr turns camera and drops his serp byexident * :)

I didn't know about that ctrl+mouse.

So it is implemented, but it drops all items, there should be some way to drop quantity I selected.

What if I have 24376 items and I want to drop 2369?

It's annoying when you must drag item few times.

Why don't you add some "input box" so user can enter exacly quantity?

Why don't you add some "input box" so user can enter exacly quantity?

I would also like to see this feature, for both inventory and for sales.

I am continually frustrated by playing with the amounts in order to sell or trade items. It would be a great benefit to all to be able to enter in an exact amount of items to buy/sell/trade/drop.

I dont know how feasable this would be, and the issue is small enough that I will not lose sleep, but it would be handy to have.

Also, and this may be another wacked out suggestion:

would it be possible to see what is in a bag without having to stand over it? That way players can trade large amounts of items, can search several bags for one in particular, and could easily avoid scams if they chose to bag trade as opposed to multiple small trades. Again, I won't be losing sleep, but it would make things just a bit easier.

Thanks.

Somthing that I think would be very usefull would be to make all the doors like the one in pl storage. Meaning that even when you are facing the other direction you can still see the door frame. Having to turn,turn,turn gets rather annoying, not to mention that it would cut down on the newbs asking how to get out of a building. And yes when I was a newb I got stuck in a building b/c i couldn't figure out where the door was. I wish I still had that chat log. <_<

Edited by xavier1

Perhaps a larger, more easily visible clickable area to travel between maps.  Boats are fine, I'm talking about those tiny signs you have to click on when going 'by land'.  Those signs are almost impossible to see on some maps at night in the game.  Either make the signs glow or something so we can see them, or make a larger signs to click on on to change area.

Yup, full ack.

A brown signpost isnt very good to see when its surrounded by brown rocks and brown trees (DP exit to portland for example).

And get rid of these sign posts who arent an exit (on IP for example). Or make them look different.

Piper

Storage interface:

Some1 came up with the idea to have an interface like the trade window. Ok, displaying 100 slots would cause a real BIG window, but you can make the storage part scrollable.

So we can deposit/withdraw items with much less clicks than now.

And a "deposit all" button would be nice. "withdraw all" is not really needed. B)

Piper

A PK list button, 2 swords crossing or something. When you click on it it brings up a window and a lists all the people you've pk'd and the number of times you've pk'd them.

SKA

A PK list button, 2 swords crossing or something. When you click on it it brings up a window and a lists all the people you've pk'd and the number of times you've pk'd them.

Even though I am not a pk'er I think that would be a great idea. Just think of the fun it would be to pm someone with the message I just P\/\/N J()()!!!! for the 100th time...... lol

Guest Flytrap

Grettings:

I have a small grocery list.

1 BOUNDING BOXEN

Interactable objects should high-light when the cursor is placed over them (in addition to the current pointer change), and additionally this should not be decided on a per-pixel basis as this makes attempting to harvest some bushes quite tricky, but instead there should be some form of bounding box (not necessarily square) which the player may interact with. This would go a long way to helping players attack small mobiles and harvest from irregular bushes.

2 STORAGE

The storage system should not require the player to navigate into echer-space just to deposit an item. The player should receive the same dialog as TRADE. I checked EACH and EVERY menu, submenu, and subsubsubmenu, and was still UNABLE to deposit my book of Crystal Mining today. Rather than ``forget'' to associate certain items with certain categories why not just let players deposit their stuff?

3 NPC DIALOG

Could you include an option for ``ALL'' when selling please? While we are on the topic of sale dialogs, is there any way to incorporate a slider, so I can buy exactly thirteen if I need exactly thirteen?

4 ATTRIBUTES

Could we enable CHARM to alter buying and selling prices passively? Selling high and buying low would help players fill the ``merchant'' role.

5 PLAYER DIALOGS

While we are on the topic of merchants and extending the NPC dialogs, is there any way we can allow for players to become shopkeepers similar to Ragnarok Online? The barter system is just fine, but those people who wish to engage in trade for currency at specific prices (modified by the participants' CHARM) would really prefer an automated system. The broken system in UO requires additional server resources by using a robot; why not just clone the MIX dialog to allow players to declare what they wish to sell and for how much, and just let the rule-set take its course?

6 DOCUMENTATION

I understand much programming still needs to be done before everyone will be happy with everything, but a brief description of each SKILL, ATTRIBUTE, CROSS ATTRIBUTE, and NEXUS on the main site would be helpful. ELManuals.com is very useful but it does not explain the difference between the skills MANUFACTURE and CRAFTING. This basic level of documentation does NOT belong in `some forum', but on the main site.

I am not going to hold my breath for item #5, but I imagine change #2 could be simple to perform (it would certainly simplify the player's operation, which increases game satisfaction, which is a Good Thing), and #3 would be welcome for exactly the same reasons. Items #4 and #1 would both take some work, but fortunately #1 is on the client which means it shouldn't require hacking up the server into itty-bitty pieces of non-functional garbage. Item #4 would be entirely server-based but certainly would be welcome by all players.

The benefits of item #6 are self-evident and should become the priority. I would suggest you complete item #6 before undertaking any other suggestion.

Please remember you did ask for my opinion,

Flytrap the Black Savant

</RANT>

I checked EACH and EVERY menu, submenu, and subsubsubmenu, and was still UNABLE to deposit my book of Crystal Mining today. Rather than ``forget'' to associate certain items with certain categories why not just let players deposit their stuff?

The reason you can not deposit that book is b/c it is not a rare book. The devolpers set it up that way.

ELManuals.com is very useful but it does not explain the difference between the skills MANUFACTURE and CRAFTING. This basic level of documentation does NOT belong in `some forum', but on the main site.

Try elrocks.com. It is a really great site that has allot of usefull information.

Guest Flytrap

One more thing...

7 CLOCK

A twelve hour clock with a leading zero is just plain stupid. No one interested in the current time would ask ``can I have a twelve hour clock in twenty four hour format'' unless they suffer from brain damage.

Please use a twenty four hour clock; i.e. 0100 != 1300.

</RANT>

We have a 6 hour clock. The world revolves 4 times faster than Earth, so the day is 6 hours long. A day is 3 hours, night is the other 3.

Edited by freeone3000

Ok, since every single person completely ignored my post, i will post it again:

There will be an addition function coming up soon: Use item on an item on a map. So, for instance, you will be able to take some key from your inventory and use that specific key on a door. So I was thinking of a way to make this work the best with the inventory and all the other commands there. I got this idea from an old game I used to play:

At the bottom of the inventory window have these small icons:

eye, drop, use, hold

You click one of those icons, it gets highlighted, then you left click on the object to do that action.

If you right click at anytime the mouse cursor will scroll through these 4 icons/actions.

Perhaps these actions will only be effective on the inventory window(meaning that if the inv. window is open, and you click outside the window, the global action will happen and not the inventory action((like if you're in walk mode you'd walk, even though you have the eye cursor active in the inv. window))

Please tell me what you think of this idea guys! I need your input on this.

Good idea. Would be good to have you actually use the 30 minor heals on the statue on the Tankel Quest than dropping them on the South side. Would make more sense, and would be easier. Would be great for quests.

Could we also use item on item?

There is no question and argument that the USE item I'm speaking of will go in the game, what I need input on is this part specifically:

At the bottom of the inventory window have these small icons:

eye, drop, use, hold

You click one of those icons, it gets highlighted, then you left click on the object to do that action.

If you right click at anytime the mouse cursor will scroll through these 4 icons/actions.

Perhaps these actions will only be effective on the inventory window(meaning that if the inv. window is open, and you click outside the window, the global action will happen and not the inventory action((like if you're in walk mode you'd walk, even though you have the eye cursor active in the inv. window))

its a brilliant idea, but please make it so that the quantity of the item selected to drop and use can be selected.