Eternal Lands Official Forums
Garrin

Players Online

Isnt there a remote window program that you can download where you can type in someones namea nd see thier stats? I could swear I saw it before but now I cant find it.

Garrin

or you could simply do

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/view_user.php?user= ((User name here))

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/vie...php?user=Garrin (if thats your ingame name)

or

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/vie....php?user=Ember

do you get the idea?

i know what he's talking about heretiky had somethign like that on his page once but i think it died lol it was like a search program and you would type name into box and up their stuff would appear but it might not be heretiks he is talking about

Yes, I remember somebody had a program where a small window could pop up over EL and you didn't have to go afk (to get to the players online page) even for a second to see them...

Whatever happened to that???

my and brom's little java app, which can usually be found on the lnx forums but they are down at the moment.

here it is

Though it should be used spareingly as it puts more load on the game server, soon i will be useing a mirror of the page if i can find one good one.

Edited by dns_server

Three questions that I can think of right now:

-Can we edit the lists ourselves? They are a little out of date, and there are some I would add myself anyway...

-Which is the file used to start this up? :) (sorry, I am not the most computer literate here :/)

-Can there be a little start up icon that goes down in my tool bar so that I don't have to minimize EL to start this up?

Yes it was a small pop up window that you could keep open, and you just typed in the name. I used to see the link to it all of the time but for some reason i cant remember where it was.

Sorry Garrin, I meant those questions for dns_server :)

But yeah, thats what I remember being around too...think hard!!!

look at what you extracted, there is a directory called lists, just use a text editor and edit the text files. The file format is really simple:the first line is the name given to the list, the second line is blank, the next lines are the players, it's simple.

there COULD be a little start up icon, but that would be a lot of work, and would mean it would update more and put more load on the server. untill i rewrite it to use a mirror it is best to use it just when you need it.

i am happy for suggestions, if you feel it is a good idea to add people to the list, i'll add it.

if you have a list you want everyone to have send it to me and i'll put it in the zip, though not for 1 or 2 weeks because i'm going on holidays. if you need help, complain to brom, he wrote some of it too.