Eternal Lands Official Forums

1. being asked

2. not asking for it

3. Having contributed to the game in some way (ie helping coding/map making possably or work on the client sorce/ or help ingame to make it a better game for the community by helping new players ect)

just 3 things that poped into my mind

How would the people who make mods/newbie helpers know if you've helped newbies? Telling them would fall under asking to be a mod/newbie helper, wouldn't it?

How would the people who make mods/newbie helpers know if you've helped newbies? Telling them would fall under asking to be a mod/newbie helper, wouldn't it?

Master, you've got to remember.... they're always watching. :P

I do believe i never asked (correct me if i am wrong god please!!! *unless it was in a joking tone*)

btw theres always some one watching :P

Edited by Ember

Thats.......comforting. Is there any place I could stay and help newbies that would expidite the current mods notice of it, like at beam or the wraith?

Edited by Master_Templar

I think you miss the point Master Templar... it's not really a position that you just stand up and shout "see me! see me! I'm helping noobs!"

In fact, if that's the only reason you're doing it (to become a noob helper or mod) I doubt you'll get it.

If, instead, you really enjoy helping them, I would suggest Beam, Wraith or Channel 1.

I think you miss the point Master Templar... it's not really a position that you just stand up and shout "see me! see me! I'm helping noobs!"

In fact, if that's the only reason you're doing it (to become a noob helper or mod) I doubt you'll get it.

If, instead, you really enjoy helping them, I would suggest Beam, Wraith or Channel 1.

Hell, he shouldn't have even started this thread. He just needs to help people out and he may receive that spot. Asking for it = nono. :)

Thats.......comforting. Is there any place I could stay and help newbies that would expidite the current mods notice of it, like at beam or the wraith?

Templar i seriously doubt with this thread here that they will take you seriously

just the fact that you even have to ask where to help shows your lack of actully wanting to help the game and just have the powers to either show off or abuse

I am almost 100% postive that non of the current mods ever asked "how do i become a mod!! Where do i go to help? (so i can be a mod!!)"

That just shows that you are power hungry that or you lack any comon sence

this thread alone would be the biggest thing that would give any mod doubt at recominding you or picking you for mod...

To be honest it can actually get quite annoying to get tens of messages with "How do you become a mod", "Do you think that I can become a mod now, i help newbs?" or "Can you make me a mod?" a day... There are simply too many power hungry children running around these days... Sure, if they want to help newbies and act as they speak then they'll get there eventually - but don't help newbies because you want the power of becoming a NH, as then you'll never get it...

Edited by Wytter

(4) talking good english ,so i never can be a mod.. lol ..like i want

(5)never did something ilegal.. eeks i was banned twice.. again no mod for me ;P

I'm not power hungry, I'm just tired of seeing people breaking the rules and having no mods on/they don't want to be botherd by it. If this is going to be the reaction for wanting to do some good in El, then I'm sorry I brought it up.

It's alright to ask to be a NH, it's just that I never have an answer for those who ask(unless I know them), because I don't have time to stay online and watch them helping out. But if you do keep helping out and act mature others will notice, and they will notify me..and when it is time to pick some more NH's out...you might be one of them.

But if you do keep helping out and act mature others will notice, and they will notify me..

Doh!

I just wanted powers to abuse! You know... like all mods do 24/7

Where's my sarcasm tags?!

I'm not power hungry, I'm just tired of seeing people breaking the rules and having no mods on/they don't want to be botherd by it. If this is going to be the reaction for wanting to do some good in El, then I'm sorry I brought it up.

I'm not a mod. I'm not an NH. I see asswipes all the time ingame spamming, blocking bridges, etc. The most I can do about it is #abuse reports. That's all I can do and I'm settled with that. Try using that feature sometime.

6. You must have played for at least a month

7. You must know a lot about the game.

:D duah..i mean bieng an admin that knows nothing that has played for an hour would be kind of wierd.... :D i quess that disqualifies me on trying to be an admin :D

6. You must have played for at least a month

I think a little more tahn a month would be better to show you are dedicated to the game.

As far as I know, Noob Helpers don't have a lot of power anyway. I mean, there is a bit of honor and recognition of their hard work, but it's not like they can enforce everything.

I suggest learning how to get along with others. Sure there are scammers and spammers and bridge blockers, etc.... but do you REALLY come across that many? And if so, can it be you? I mean, I've played for nearly a year and I rarely come across people acting so bad that they need to be banned or anything.

I mean, I've played for nearly a year and I rarely come across people acting so bad that they need to be banned or anything.

.. *blink* Bans Section. Eight pages of 'em and you rarely come across them?

As far as I know, Noob Helpers don't have a lot of power anyway. I mean, there is a bit of honor and recognition of their hard work, but it's not like they can enforce everything.

I suggest learning how to get along with others. Sure there are scammers and spammers and bridge blockers, etc.... but do you REALLY come across that many? And if so, can it be you? I mean, I've played for nearly a year and I rarely come across people acting so bad that they need to be banned or anything.

You should see behind the scenes! The #help requests, #abuse reports. and #message from god all have rule breakers being reported. Whether it was another player reporting them or character creation spam, we are always seeing rules broken. More times than one have we had some dude creation tons of names insulting another mod or person. It also gets your very frustrated when you can't do anything about it! Once you get used to it, however, it becomes a typical thing in your in-game life. Anyways, back to Templar. All levels of mods are looking out for new recruits all the time. If we see someone making a great effort to help in some way, we normally recommend them (whether we like them or not). So remember what they have said, we're always watching :lol:

Perhaps I should rephrase. I'm sure that the NHs and Mods come across problems all day long. Especially with everyone in the game acting as additional eyes/ears to report abuses.

But I don't think the average player comes across them that often.

Perhaps I should rephrase. I'm sure that the NHs and Mods come across problems all day long. Especially with everyone in the game acting as additional eyes/ears to report abuses.

I run into em all the time... maybe I dont count as an average player... :-\

Perhaps I should rephrase.  I'm sure that the NHs and Mods come across problems all day long.  Especially with everyone in the game acting as additional eyes/ears to report abuses.

I run into em all the time... maybe I dont count as an average player... :-\

I run into them all the time. I'm an average player. ;P