Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TimeViewer

Video

Ok first off I'm not a programmer but I'm wondering about something. I have a built in Intel 83865G graphics controller, it uses normal system RAM up to 64 Megs for graphics but from my FPS and overall performance I'm wondering if the controller may be looking at the games lowest reqs instead of max. Is this possible and is there any way of rectifying it on either my end (system tweak) or with the game (having the game try to get max from adaptive cards)?

Time

They are fully updated (I always keep up on that I should have mentioned that), I know the advice part should be there but it may also be an issue with how the cards look at the game which would be programming/suggestions

Time

I don't think you know anyhting about programming, or even about how graphics cards work. The card does not "look at the game".

If you're not satisfied with the performance, and getting the newest drivers doesn't help, you need to get a better graphics card. Preferable a real graphics card, and not some onboard crap that uses system memory and has half of the functionality done in software.

Ok I was looking for information not a rude dweeb so forget it dont answer me again I wont read it since your going to act like such a jerk and just to be clear I had stated at the begining that I am not a programmer you self centered dweeb try reading instead of trying to show off how you know oh so much

Edited by TimeViewer

Video cards preform their best. They don't look at the game. If you have low FPS, get a better graphics card, preferably one that doesn't use system memory and have most of the work done in software. Try something like a GeForce.

Tweaking the client side of the game and tweaking your computer files are the same thing, as the client is installed. If you are unable to get a new graphics card, you will have to play like this.

I don't think the game even has minimum requirements.

If you don't want geek, don't post in the programming forums. People talk about things like C++ programming errors and Linux modifications here.

Edited by freeone3000

@freeone3000

Thank you, at least your post was civil and informative, the reason I posted it there was because I had thought that since the card is adaptive it must look at the game (or the other way around) and that the game might be able to be improved to look for adaptive technologies. Ok maybe I was wrong at that, as I said I'm not a programmer. I'm use to the insults that usually fly around on forums I just consider it weak to rely on calling other people's machines crap instead of doing as you finally did and posting an intelligent reply, again thank you. :huh:

Time

People talk about things like C++ programming errors and Linux modifications here.

Erk...you have no clue what you just said, do you? We use C++ here, and we have yet to require modifications to the Linux kernel. :P

Anyway:

Thank you, at least your post was civil and informative, the reason I posted it there was because I had thought that since the card is adaptive it must look at the game (or the other way around) and that the game might be able to be improved to look for adaptive technologies. Ok maybe I was wrong at that, as I said I'm not a programmer. I'm use to the insults that usually fly around on forums I just consider it weak to rely on calling other people's machines crap instead of doing as you finally did and posting an intelligent reply, again thank you. :)

Leeloo's said the same things... and he never called your machine crap, just the onboard card (which is true... I run an Intel 83845G, and they are the worst things going :huh: )

Edited by crusadingknight

We use C++ here,

"We DON'T use"...

Oh, and btw, all onboard graphics cards are crap. If not for other reasons then just because they are damned hard to upgrade. Start heating the soldering iron...

We use C++ here,

"We DON'T use"...

Oh, and btw, all onboard graphics cards are crap. If not for other reasons then just because they are damned hard to upgrade. Start heating the soldering iron...

I was in a hurry...typing resume at the same time (erk, can't get accents)...still, that was an embarrassingly stupid screw-up by me. :D

hey well talk video card my piece crap cause it main process hass emulator lot graphics and don't think it will be upgrade for long time but I can still run el which good thing.

Edited by jamesvm

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this